UN Small Arms Treaty - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > UN Small Arms Treaty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2011, 07:52 AM   #11
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1991 Times on 1163 Posts
Likes Given: 4211

http://www.nonwo.com/_borders/un_flag_burning.gif

Old 06-08-2011, 01:11 PM   #12

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Default From a much better source than Snopes

NRA-ILA :: Hillary Clinton And The UN Arms Trade Treaty Rumor

Old 06-08-2011, 03:51 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Thanks Davo.

I still hate the U.N.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-08-2011, 04:10 PM   #14

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

This has been going around sense before osamaobama even got elected. The treaty is not an actual document yet and has not been voted on. The issue has supporters though and if such a treaty ever does raise its head then you can bet klinton and her love toy osamaobama will want it signed.

How ever this does not make it binding or law in America, until congress ratifies the treaty. If they hold off until sometime in 2012 then they might get enough anti-gunners in congress to vote for it sense most pro-gunners are really sheep and wont vote or will keep voting for the same POS they always have.

The original concept of the treaty was not to interfere with internal laws of the state. Rather it was to stop importation of arms used for genocide in the countries like Darfur, The Congo, and a few others. What will actually be in the treaty once it is written is anyone’s guess.

If by chance the treaty is total anti-gun and is signed by klinton and Bo-Bo-obama, and should congress ratifies it then to me that is an act of war against the rights of the people of America and should require retaliation.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:48 PM   #15

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkman3111 View Post
I agree that no treaty can override the constitution HOWEVER, the danger here is VERY real. Im pretty sure the current president doesnt like guns and doesnt like people owning guns. If he can find a way to swing it by hook or crook he will probably go for it.

Can you imagine an international coalition of euro soldiers going door to door taking our guns? No, it wont be the guys with blue helmets, wed kill all of them right away.
As I understand it, all it would take for the guys in the blue helmets to look the other way is about $5.00. That organization is more corrupt than Chicago politicians. Besides, have you ever heard of UN troops winning a firefight?

Old 06-08-2011, 06:03 PM   #16

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Thanks Davo.

I still hate the U.N.
Me too, it was supposed to replace the utterly useless League of Nations and has proved to be just as useless and a money pit to boot, as are all bloated bureaucracies. UN "Peacekeepers" have stood by and watched as millions of people have been massacred in Sudan, Somalia and many more. There's always some progressive elitist in that organization suggesting a global tax or global control.

If I were king for a day the US would be out of the UN and the UN would be out of the US and not a single penny would go to them.