Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > UN Small Arms Treaty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2011, 09:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Default UN Small Arms Treaty

Here is a piece from Forbes magazine that should gut us all riled up.
The UN small arms treaty is alive and well and dangerous to the 2A.

U.N. Agreement Should Have All Gun Owners Up In Arms - Larry Bell - The Bell Tells for You - Forbes

Join the NRA! Stop the Brady madness!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-07-2011, 10:25 PM   #2
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

The U.N. can go piss up a rope. No treaty can step on the Constitution. Any president or congress that lets this happen tells us all we need to know.

Oh, and "prohibition never works". Don't forget that.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:47 PM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

If this does pass the UN needs to remember one key thing... Blue helmets do not make for good camoflauge.

Check out my blog:http://ithinkforme.blogspot.com/

Old 06-07-2011, 11:27 PM   #4
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2230 Times on 1116 Posts
Likes Given: 1144

Wink

Fireguy,

Anything involving the UN P---- Me Off! Wish we would advise them we were withdrawing from the group. They have used the US as a patsy for years. The instigate issues and then want us to pay and take care of it.
Anyway I waive the banner of our Second Amendment Rights on the back window of my Yukon XL as I travel the US for business.

I bought the graphics from Culpepper and Gadsden.

It is large whit graphics and it states:

DON'T TREAD ON ME! With the Snake Emblem. Over the top of that I have a large Graphic of an AR-15 Rifle with the saying under it of "COME GET IT!"

I also got a nice T-Shirt from them that states: "PEACEFUL BUT PREPARED!"

And I literally mean it. The day they try to come and take my weapons oh well! They will just have to find out !!!!

Old 06-08-2011, 12:54 AM   #5

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Fu_k the u.n.

Old 06-08-2011, 01:36 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1988 Times on 1067 Posts
Likes Given: 2958

Every gun owner should be aware of legitimate threats to our 2nd Amendment rights. This one is not a threat to our gun rights. No treaty can trump the US Constitution. There is a UN Resolution stating that the UN will not get involved in gun rights.

Quote:
UN General Assembly Resolution A/C.1/64/L.38/Rev.1, Oct. 28: …Acknowledging also the right of States to regulate internal transfers of arms and national ownership, including through national constitutional protections on private ownership, exclusively within their territory…
This stuff has been on the internet ever since Obama took office. The likes of Bell and Dudley Brown keep this lie alive.

Snopes on the UN Small Arms Treaty:

snopes.com: Small Arms Treaty

International Gun Ban Treaty? | FactCheck.org

Old 06-08-2011, 01:57 AM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

In the immortal words of my friend the ficticious Emmett Sutherpuk, "Eff those effin' effers".

Old 06-08-2011, 02:14 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

U.S out of the U.N. and U.N. out of the U.S.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-08-2011, 02:36 AM   #9

I agree that no treaty can override the constitution HOWEVER, the danger here is VERY real. Im pretty sure the current president doesnt like guns and doesnt like people owning guns. If he can find a way to swing it by hook or crook he will probably go for it.

Can you imagine an international coalition of euro soldiers going door to door taking our guns? No, it wont be the guys with blue helmets, wed kill all of them right away.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:39 AM   #10

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I wonder what the US Military's response would be to such an event. (theory craft yay ) I can only assume they would not be to pleased with foreign soldiers bringing arms to bear on American citizens. But at the same time the commander in chief would probably tell them to not interfere... The question is would they obey that command. I don't think they would, personally.

Check out my blog:http://ithinkforme.blogspot.com/