U.S. Sen. Markey To Unveil New Gun Control Bill
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > U.S. Sen. Markey To Unveil New Gun Control Bill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2014, 08:37 PM   #1
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1896 Times on 1095 Posts
Likes Given: 3894

Default U.S. Sen. Markey To Unveil New Gun Control Bill

Reading this article and his web page, indications to push for smart gun tech, where cannot be removed or deactivated; but, who would have deactivation authority? Would it be he owner, state or federal? More like the Feds!

The bill has retrofitted - piss off will not retrofit any gun!

I know this is a grant type bill for research; but, we all know where that leads too. Give them an inch and they take a mile!

They must have watch DREDD!

Reading it, caused me to just throw up!

http://wgbhnews.org/post/markey-unveil-new-gun-control-bill

http://www.markey.senate.gov/news/press-releases/markey-announces-new-legislation-efforts-to-combat-gun-violence_

The Handgun Trigger Safety Act of 2014 would:
•• Authorize grants for further development and improvement of “personalized” handgun technology

•• Direct the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) to create a safety standard for personalized handguns that all newly manufactured handguns will have to meet

•• Require that all handguns manufactured in the United States two years after the date of enactment of the bill be “personalized handguns” and comply with the CPSC standard

•• Require that any entity, whether an individual or business, selling a handgun, retrofit their handgun with personalization technology three years after the date of enactment of the bill

•• Hold gun manufacturers liable if they produce guns that do not meet the CPSC safety standard two years after the passage of the bill

Letter to IT!

http://www.markey.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/2014-2-14_GunControl_Markey_WH.pdf

Here is the legislation:

READ the pdf, review Sec. 202 Consumer Product Safety Standard

http://www.markey.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/2014-02-19_HandgunTrigger_BillText.pdf

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-19-2014, 09:51 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2106 Times on 1139 Posts
Likes Given: 3170

Markey is throwing a few crumbs at his constituents in MA who demand more gun control. No chance in hades of becoming law.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:58 PM   #3
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Ma is screwed. Coakley is running for governor. She already uses public safety laws and the attorney generals office to bully the firearms industry and gun owners. I'm getting the hell out of here before any of this sh!t passes. Massachusetts will make ny look like a gun friendly state before long.

better judged by twelve than carried by six.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 02-20-2014, 02:37 AM   #4
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1896 Times on 1095 Posts
Likes Given: 3894

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
Markey is throwing a few crumbs at his constituents in MA who demand more gun control. No chance in hades of becoming law.
I agree; but, remember if I can not do it legislatively, than by decree!

Old 02-20-2014, 02:42 AM   #5

Liked 312 Times on 220 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Ma is screwed. Coakley is running for governor. She already uses public safety laws and the attorney generals office to bully the firearms industry and gun owners. I'm getting the hell out of here before any of this sh!t passes. Massachusetts will make ny look like a gun friendly state before long.

We would welcome you in NC. Come help build a decent constitutional state!

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk
Old 02-20-2014, 12:07 PM   #6
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Nc has a good head start compared to many. So far the only law I've seen that I took issue with is the taser law. Makes No sense that you can have them but only on your property. If someone is a threat on my land I'd prefer to use more lethal force. Still a step above ma. No tasers allowed.
I'm sure as I learn more I'm become more involved.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:47 AM   #7

Liked 56 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 133

It's not just a MA problem. Markey is a US Senator, and is, as leftists always do, trying to justify through this so-called study, why the federal government should vote itself authority to overreach into state issues again.

I'm not sure if there's an appetite for gun control in this Congress, hopefully less in the next one, but I do know a good legal way to prepare for more when it comes. 80% lowers. As many as you can afford. Don't finish 'em, except the one(s) you want to keep, and they'll be legal to resell to people who lacked your foresight. And if you've got jigs and can help neophytes with their builds, you'll be richer than the guys who stockpiled silver and gold.

Just a thought.

CzarChasm

Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to Police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.