Is the U.S. Arming Mexican Cartels? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Is the U.S. Arming Mexican Cartels?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2011, 12:49 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I doubt the % come from the total of seized rifles.. It probably comes from the half a dozen they could actually track.

Old 06-01-2011, 01:27 AM   #12
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2556 Times on 1249 Posts
Likes Given: 1285

Arrest and jail the employers who hire them. And watch our economy turn around. Well except the idiots that are in the present administration. Who are giving Millions of our tax dollars to countries who are our enemies behind closed doors. And actually support the terrorists! The truth is the truth! We all need to wake up an realize we are being scammed!

Old 06-01-2011, 03:04 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
Arrest and jail the employers who hire them. And watch our economy turn around. Well except the idiots that are in the present administration. Who are giving Millions of our tax dollars to countries who are our enemies behind closed doors. And actually support the terrorists! The truth is the truth! We all need to wake up an realize we are being scammed!

This is totally true. Everyone wants to blame the Mexicans for sneaking in illegally but this only happens because there are so many business owners ready and willing to hire them.

Hiring enough immigration agents at govt union wages with gold plated benefits to deport millions of illegals (over and over) seems like an exercise in folly to me.

Throwing rich Americans in jaill for breaking the law might be much more effective: why sneak in if you cant get a job?

The point about foreign aid is also important but its billions not millions. Pakistan has been getting 3 bil a year since we invaded afghanistan. Where did that money come from? Most of it was borrowed from communist china. Did anyone notice that Pakistan just purchased some new generation Chinese fighter planes? Want to guess what they are trying to shoot down?

Old 06-01-2011, 06:41 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
Arrest and jail the employers who hire them. And watch our economy turn around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkman3111 View Post
Throwing rich Americans in jaill for breaking the law might be much more effective: why sneak in if you cant get a job?
This sounds like the way to go, but rather than put these jerks in club fed to feed & house their sorry asses, let's hit them where rich people hurt the worst, their wallets. Make a new law that if you knowingly or negligently hire illegals all of your business assets get seized and you pay a fine equal to the court's best estimate of all wages & benefits paid to illegals over the life of your business. If the business owners are unable to pay the fine, levy against any future earnings and personal savings/retirement (regardless of source) and charge interest. Using this method, the feds get money and saleable assets rather than prisoners to feed; we have all seen how a profit motive can motivate law enforcement departments in the "war on drugs". I would also like to see a provision in that same law that permanently prohibits any owner, officer, or manager of a company that employs illegals from ever getting another business license or registering a corporation, partnership, or LLC in the U.S.A. or to do business in the U.S.A.

In short, you employ illegals (from any country) then you lose your business, a pile of money, and your ability to operate a business in this country.

I guess branding them "sellout" on their foreheads would be too far, but that doesn't mean it isn't fit for a popular vote.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 06-01-2011 at 06:51 PM.

Old 06-02-2011, 03:50 AM   #15

Well we seem to on the same page here except I still support prison time. I think it would only take a few examples to make a huge impact.

Poor people go to jail for a lot less. Smoking marijuana comes to mind.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:34 AM   #16

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default illegals

this govt loves to seize businesses s why not go after the ones owned by people employing illegals? If they can throw the head of GM out and seize the assets they can and will do anything. If they can do it for a few drugs ins someones car or house??? Problem is I don't trust this govt not to take advantage of it and seize the businesses of legitimate owners.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
Vietnam Vet 1968 MCB 53 Danang

Old 06-02-2011, 12:36 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkman3111 View Post
Well we seem to on the same page here except I still support prison time. I think it would only take a few examples to make a huge impact.

Poor people go to jail for a lot less. Smoking marijuana comes to mind.
We had that Howard Industries raid in a local town a couple of years ago (thanks ICE); it involved literally hundreds of illegals working there. The courts couldn't really pin the blame on anybody; this one former mexicant who immigrated legally years ago was a manager in the HR department and was charged with about 15 counts, but the courts dropped all but one charge and let him plead out on it (as best i recall). Most people here think he was just the designated fall guy for the wealthy family that owns the business. On the plus side, i haven't seen any of the Howard's around lately, and i don't think there are 12 people in the county who would spit in any of their faces if their eyes were on fire.

IOW, who goes to jail could be hard to determine, blame-wise, but it's not hard to determine which business employed them to allow seizure of the business assets and leveling a big fine. I think juries would have more trouble sending a business owner to jail for something that might have been perpetrated by a manager without knowledge by the owners, but i don't think the juries would have as much trouble leveling the fines and such.

Here, the people caught with "personal-sized" pot just get fines (was about $300), unless they are driving. Still a bit much IMO.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.