U.S. agrees to timetable for UN Gun Ban (Update)
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > U.S. agrees to timetable for UN Gun Ban (Update)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 04:44 AM   #1
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1954 Times on 1136 Posts
Likes Given: 4099

Default U.S. agrees to timetable for UN Gun Ban (Update)

This has been warned before; however, now I know why Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has been away from the spot light! Cutting dirty deals with the U.N. This is going to a nasty ride!

U.S. agrees to timetable for UN Gun Ban

Clinton-United Nations “Small Arms Treaty” Update

National Gun Rights Blog
Posted February 2, 2010

The United Nations and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton are moving forward with their plan to confiscate your guns.

The United States joined 152 other countries in support of the Arms Trade Treaty Resolution, which establishes the dates for the 2012 UN conference intended to attack American sovereignty by stripping Americans of the right to keep and bear arms.

Working groups of anti-gun countries will begin scripting language for the conference this year, creating a blueprint for other countries when they meet at the full conference.

The stakes couldn’t be higher.

Former United Nation’s ambassador John Bolton has cautioned gun owners about the Arms Trade Treaty and says the UN “is trying to act as though this is really just a treaty about international arms trade between nation states, but there’s no doubt that the real agenda here is domestic firearms control.”

Establishing the dates for the Arms Trade Treaty Conference is just the first step toward their plans for total gun confiscation.

The worldwide gun control mob will ensure the passage of an egregious, anti-gun treaty…

. . .and that’s where Secretary of State Hillary Clinton steps in

Once the UN Gun Ban is passed by the General Assembly of the United Nations it must be ratified by each nation, including the United States.

As an arch enemy of gun owners, Clinton has pledged to push the U.S. Senate to ratify the treaty. She will push for passage of this outrageous treaty designed to register, ban and CONFISCATE firearms owned by private citizens like YOU.

That’s why it’s vital you sign the special petition I’ve made up for your signature that DEMANDS your U.S. Senators vote AGAINST ratification of the UN’s “Small Arms Treaty.”

So far, the gun-grabbers have successfully kept the exact wording of their new scheme under wraps.

But looking at previous versions of the UN “Small Arms Treaty,” you and I can get a good idea of what’s likely in the works.

Don’t let any of the “experts” lull you to sleep by saying “Oh, we have it handled” or “Until you know exactly what’s in the treaty you can’t fight against it.”

Judging by Ambassador Bolton’s comments — who certainly knows what to expect from the American-freedom-hating international crowd that infests the U.N. — we are certain the treaty’s going to address the private ownership of firearms.

If passed by the UN and ratified by the U.S. Senate (which is where we must ultimately make our stand), the UN “Small Arms Treaty” would almost certainly FORCE national governments to:

*** Enact tougher licensing requirements, making law-abiding citizens cut through even more bureaucratic red tape just to own a firearm legally;

*** CONFISCATE and DESTROY ALL “unauthorized” civilian firearms (all firearms owned by the government are excluded, of course);

*** BAN the trade, sale and private ownership of ALL semi-automatic weapons;

*** Create an INTERNATIONAL gun registry, setting the stage for full-scale gun CONFISCATION. So please click here to sign the petition to your U.S. Senators before it’s too late!

You see, this is NOT a fight we can afford to lose.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-03-2010, 08:36 AM   #2

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Blue and white helmets make for a real good target

Old 02-03-2010, 01:21 PM   #3

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post

That’s why it’s vital you sign the special petition I’ve made up for your signature that DEMANDS your U.S. Senators vote AGAINST ratification of the UN’s “Small Arms Treaty.”

*** Create an INTERNATIONAL gun registry, setting the stage for full-scale gun CONFISCATION. So please click here to sign the petition to your U.S. Senators before it’s too late!

You see, this is NOT a fight we can afford to lose.
I strongly concur, and I share the the passion, anger and motivation, but personally, I am just a little Leary about signing something that will undoubtedly give the names of present gun owners, that can be cross-matched with federal records and speed up the process, if indeed this POS ATTR passes.

IMO, this needs big money sponsorship and backing, from all the pro-gun organizations and their supporting lobbyists to fight this agenda, with our pledged support combined with them. That seems to be the only thing that seems to work with this administration, and still, there are no guarantees.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 02-03-2010, 03:59 PM   #4

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

All right I’m probably going to catch hell on this but what the hey. I do not believe even if the United States ratifies this thing it will lead to the confiscation of our personal firearms. To attempt to do this the anti-gunners in Congress will have to amend the constitution and eliminate the second amendment and I really don’t see that happening. I’m going to watch this very closely but I’m not going to start running around shouting “the sky is falling, the sky is falling”. I will tell you that I, my wife and all of the officers under my authority will NOT enforce a law to confiscate or seize privately owned weapons contrary to the constitution and I know I am not alone in this thinking as I have talked to other officers around the country who think the same way. Contrary to some peoples thoughts we are not unthinking automatons that just blindly follow orders lawful or not.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:10 PM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzscubie View Post
Contrary to some peoples thoughts we are not unthinking automatons that just blindly follow orders lawful or not.
Thank you for posting that. I have been saying this for a couple of years now.

If such a mandate came down, any cop would be a sitting target to try and walk up to the front door of a house, in a neighborhood of probable gun owners, and demand you hand over the firearms.

Then what?

Put them in a truck and roll down the street, house to house, and we all just file out and put our weapons in the armored truck and return to our houses like good little puppets??

I kind of doubt that. It would be easier for 6 or 8 like minded folks to wipe out the entire troop and take all the weapons back.

And what about the officer's own families when they are not home with them?

We all saw what happened in Katrina when officers left their posts to take care of their own ( not passing judgement here, just stating facts that were known ).

I don't think a large portion of the police or national guard folks are going to jump right up and say "Me first, I want to be the first guy in my unit to collect 1,000 firearms."

Could it happen? I suppose they could try, but I can't see the whole nation just sitting back and letting the 2A just be crossed out. I got a feeling even the ACLU would have a problem with that, since the Second Secures the First.

I think we shall all be watching, and if the latest trends have shown anything, we are not alone in that effort.

JD

Old 02-03-2010, 05:09 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I read this earlier and wanted to think about it a bit before I posted a response. I think the watch and wait idea is the way to go. This has been on the burner for a while.

I believe it's unconstitutional and cannot be legally enforced in this Country. I realize that doesn't mean that it couldn't be, just that it would be unconstitutional and therefore illegal.

I guess we'll find out in the future. If it's tried, then Molon Labe!

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-03-2010, 06:14 PM   #7

Liked 40 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Everybody needs to do their homework for the Nov., 2010 elections. Check out the GOA's Political Victory Fund.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:48 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Maybe 2012 is the year of Armageddon, it will be in my neighborhood if they come for my firearms.

Live free or die.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:24 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Bring it! I'll just have an illegal hobby then.

I can see the local sherriff being dumb enough to try this, in neighborhoods he can't properly police; it should be a fairly quick & satisfying message to him (not a typical or good or even decent LEO, IMO). Around here, he would be safer shooting or confiscating people's dogs.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:53 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2184 Times on 1190 Posts
Likes Given: 3327

This one has been debunked. There is no such treaty at present. The earliest a treaty could be ready is 2012. 67 US senators would have to vote to ratify the treaty.

International Gun Ban Treaty? | FactCheck.org

Quote:
In addition, the idea that a treaty necessarily would make U.S. citizens "subject to those gun laws created by foreign governments," as the e-mail claims, is wrong. Treaties don’t subject one nations’ citizens to the laws of other nations.

As for this particular treaty: First of all, it doesn’t yet exist. What is true is that the Obama administration, reversing the line taken by the Bush White House, has voted to support a process that could, in 2012 at the earliest, result in a treaty.

.................................................. .....

The fact is that a provision in the resolution’s preamble – included at the request of the U.S. – explicitly recognizes the right of nations to regulate gun sales and ownership within their borders, including through their constitutions:

UN General Assembly Resolution A/C.1/64/L.38/Rev.1, Oct. 28: …Acknowledging also the right of States to regulate internal transfers of arms and national ownership, including through national constitutional protections on private ownership, exclusively within their territory…