The U.N. Wants Your (our) Guns. - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > The U.N. Wants Your (our) Guns.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2011, 04:03 AM   #101
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6573 Times on 3638 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
Worst drought in 100 years in TX and its RAINING!! That didnt work out too well for the Skankees...we can only hope.
I wish it was raining around here. The grass is so dry that any little spark will set a field on fire in a matter of seconds.

Old 10-09-2011, 02:19 PM   #102
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

ok so to help get back on topic I have a question for all of you " from my cold dead hands" types out there. Do you all LIVE in a military compound? (If so where? Id like to know!) or do you have helicopters and 20mm cannons? squad sized infantry units in bradley fighting vehicles at your disposal? or do you just have the run of the mill gun-nut collection of various firearms and only one shoulder to fire from? My point is this : IF, i say again, IF SHTF and some jack booted thugs come for your guns, and you have that "come and take them" attitude, I hate to say it but you will be one of the first casualties. Your best bet is to grease your guns and bury 'em deep and wait for the dust to settle and when the UNazis or whoever the big bad boogie man happens to be gets complacent and lazy again THEN your patriotism may be a little more effective.

Just a thought to maybe get the conversation fired up again. I was really enjoying reading this thread. Yes, I'm new to this site, and no I don't own any firearms...anymore. Felony conviction for child support...blah thats for another thread.

Old 10-09-2011, 03:31 PM   #103

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Beware the man who has only one rifle, chances are he knows how to use it.

For me, Thephulis, I have a place to hole up and defend, along with quite a few others. Substantial gardening areas, substantial stockpile of supplies, good hunting, resources (solar and wind) spring fed water supply, and about the most important part of all, and small tight knit community of like minded individuals.

Not saying a couple of well placed arty rounds wouldn't put a serious hurtin on us, but we would be able to hold off most groups of crazies.

I have only one rifle.

Old 10-09-2011, 03:35 PM   #104

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophulis View Post
ok so to help get back on topic I have a question for all of you " from my cold dead hands" types out there. Do you all LIVE in a military compound? (If so where? Id like to know!) or do you have helicopters and 20mm cannons? squad sized infantry units in bradley fighting vehicles at your disposal? or do you just have the run of the mill gun-nut collection of various firearms and only one shoulder to fire from? My point is this : IF, i say again, IF SHTF and some jack booted thugs come for your guns, and you have that "come and take them" attitude, I hate to say it but you will be one of the first casualties. Your best bet is to grease your guns and bury 'em deep and wait for the dust to settle and when the UNazis or whoever the big bad boogie man happens to be gets complacent and lazy again THEN your patriotism may be a little more effective.

Just a thought to maybe get the conversation fired up again. I was really enjoying reading this thread. Yes, I'm new to this site, and no I don't own any firearms...anymore. Felony conviction for child support...blah thats for another thread.
You realize that if the government were to start sending the law enforcement to go gather the citizens arms (remember, troops aren't allowed to fulfill law enforcement duties on American Soil), most of those law enforcement personnel will have to go to family and friends, and they know it.
Attempting to disarm a nation is ludicrous. First of all, can you imagine attempting to get 300,000,000 search warrants? Because I am damn well NOT letting them in to search my house. I'll tell them I lost the damn things.
They want to search? Just as soon as you get a warrant and my lawyer reads it.

Old 10-09-2011, 03:50 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
You realize that if the government were to start sending the law enforcement to go gather the citizens arms (remember, troops aren't allowed to fulfill law enforcement duties on American Soil), most of those law enforcement personnel will have to go to family and friends, and they know it.
Attempting to disarm a nation is ludicrous. First of all, can you imagine attempting to get 300,000,000 search warrants? Because I am damn well NOT letting them in to search my house. I'll tell them I lost the damn things.
Just curious, what do you intend to do if they attempt to force their way into your home? That kind of stuff is already happening, in fact it happened to my neighbor downstairs about 6 months ago. He "fit the description" of a burglar in the area (I know damn well it wasn't him), and the cops just walked right in, pulled him off the crapper, cuffed him, and searched the apartment. Didn't even give the man a chance to wipe. When he tried to file a report, guess who he had to file it with? The police department. Guess what happened to the report? Yeah we still don't know either. I went with him and filed a report too as a witness. And he can't get a lawyer to even touch the case.

Me? I plan on not being there when they come knocking.

Old 10-09-2011, 03:54 PM   #106

Liked 1559 Times on 937 Posts
Likes Given: 357

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
Hate to tell you sport, but if thing get that bad, the SWAT team coming after your guns, busting down the door, shooting your dog, and tossing in a flash bang, ain't gonna take no lip. You will be standing there, in the middle of the night, in your drawers, your bare legs shaking, with the kids crying in the background, saying "yes sir" and "no sir".

Better to deal with it through the system, before the above happens.

Old 10-09-2011, 04:01 PM   #107
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
For me, Thephulis, I have a place to hole up and defend, along with quite a few others. Substantial gardening areas, substantial stockpile of supplies, good hunting, resources (solar and wind) spring fed water supply, and about the most important part of all, and small tight knit community of like minded individuals.
I wanna live there too!!!!

Quote:
Because I am damn well NOT letting them in to search my house. I'll tell them I lost the damn things.
Quote:
Just curious, what do you intend to do if they attempt to force their way into your home? That kind of stuff is already happening,
Hate to tell ya kids...but warrants are a thing of the past! All they need is "probable cause" to kick in your door! Here in IN the asswads in Gubmint just snuck one in under the radar making illegal to forcefully resist LE in your own home. In the name of "LEO Safety". Basically if the jack booted thugs decide to kick in my door, with or without cause i can lawfully do NOTHING to prevent it.

Our local rep and a few others filed to stop it but the courts upheldthe law. The fight continues...but the gubmint is only protecting its own interests...more of the "incremental destruction of freedom"

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 10-09-2011, 04:08 PM   #108

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Just curious, what do you intend to do if they attempt to force their way into your home? That kind of stuff is already happening, in fact it happened to my neighbor downstairs about 6 months ago. He "fit the description" of a burglar in the area (I know damn well it wasn't him), and the cops just walked right in, pulled him off the crapper, cuffed him, and searched the apartment. Didn't even give the man a chance to wipe. When he tried to file a report, guess who he had to file it with? The police department. Guess what happened to the report? Yeah we still don't know either. I went with him and filed a report too as a witness. And he can't get a lawyer to even touch the case.

Me? I plan on not being there when they come knocking.
Good thing I know several of the local LEO's then. That, and when such laws come into effect, which I don't think is going to happen due to the progress that is actually being made FOR gun rights, there won't be any firearms to be found.
A lot of it depends on the state in question, I think. There are some states I simply would never live in because of their laws and the blanket authority that police are given.
I stay alert. I am not going to give in to paranoia. I keep track of what is going on, and voice my opinion.
Do I think it could happen? Anything is possible, although I think it is highly unlikely.

Old 10-09-2011, 04:10 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
I wanna live there too!!!!

Hate to tell ya kids...but warrants are a thing of the past! All they need is "probable cause" to kick in your door! Here in IN the asswads in Gubmint just snuck one in under the radar making illegal to forcefully resist LE in your own home. In the name of "LEO Safety". Basically if the jack booted thugs decide to kick in my door, with or without cause i can lawfully do NOTHING to prevent it.

Our local rep and a few others filed to stop it but the courts upheldthe law. The fight continues...but the gubmint is only protecting its own interests...more of the "incremental destruction of freedom"
Yeah didn't they do that after cops kicked in some lady's door to take her kid without due process? Over mental medication or some such wasn't it? And didn't the Mom shoot one of the cops?

Yeah that is total BS. Basically the way I look at it is this "you have the right to be detained against your will. You have the right to have your home invaded. You have the right to be forced and or coerced into doing something you don't believe in. You have the right to bend over and kiss your a$$ goodbye should you attract our unwanted attention."

Old 10-09-2011, 04:11 PM   #110

Oh and if you wanna come to the retreat when the SHTF, just be prepared to be put to work. Of course it will take a lot of effort. We have room for just a few more, assuming everyone makes it in.