U.N. Arms Trade Treaty - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > U.N. Arms Trade Treaty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 03:04 AM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

What a total crock this Herr Oama & Hitlery scheme is. Luckily, the current Congress would never go for this. Our so called "leaders" are an American joke. To be safe, I suggest you stock up with revolvers.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:15 AM   #72

Liked 170 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

This treaty has been kicking around for years and per the Constitution all treaties must be ratified by the congress. Do you really think Obama is dumb enough to show his support for it at any time between now and the election in November?

Old 07-10-2012, 03:21 AM   #73
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
This treaty has been kicking around for years and per the Constitution all treaties must be ratified by the congress. Do you really think Obama is dumb enough to show his support for it at any time between now and the election in November?
what about if he happens to win re-election and we get him and Hillary for another four years? beings he couldn't run again and could call martial law and circumvent the Constitution, do you really believe he would be concerned with what we think! do we even think that a fence sitting wishy washy person like Mitt Romney is even any better? several years ago he stated himself about stricter gun control laws and just recently was trying to get an endorsement from the NRA as he was a friend of the gun owners in America. all he is doing is pandering for votes.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:32 AM   #74

Liked 170 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

If he is re elected a gun ban will be the least of our worries. If he is I do believe that he will be faced with a very sharp rise in civil disobedience, worse than the occupy wall street sit ins.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:46 AM   #75

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Since when do obamalamadingdong and his cohorts care about our Constitution???

NDAA kicked around for a while too but guess what...?

Old 07-10-2012, 09:56 AM   #76

Liked 3737 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Quote:
Originally Posted by danolator View Post
What a total crock this Herr Oama & Hitlery scheme is. Luckily, the current Congress would never go for this. Our so called "leaders" are an American joke. To be safe, I suggest you stock up with revolvers.
Quote:
Senate! all treaties must be ratified by the Senate! Holy effing christ people, we learned this in fucking High School!!!

Quote:
In the US, the treaty power is a coordinated effort between the Executive branch and the Senate. The President may form and negotiate a treaty, but the treaty must be advised and consented to by a two-thirds vote in the Senate. Only after the Senate approves the treaty can the President ratify it. Once a treaty is ratified, it becomes binding on all the states under the Supremacy Clause.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratification

Now is the ONLY time the Obama administration has to make this happen as come Nov 12' he may not have the 2/3 majority in the Senate that he has now. I have made repeated contacts with my VT Senate reps over the past few years regarding my disapproval on this issue. Both have responded that it is their postiion to support such a treaty. Where do your Senate reps stand on this issue? This is a backdoor attemp at 2A and if you can't see that than you are woefully lost

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 07-10-2012, 10:38 AM   #77
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
Now is the ONLY time the Obama administration has to make this happen as come Nov 12' he may not have the 2/3 majority in the Senate that he has now.
Exactly.

Quote:
I have made repeated contacts with my VT Senate reps over the past few years regarding my disapproval on this issue. Both have responded that it is their postiion to support such a treaty. Where do your Senate reps stand on this issue?
Chuck Schumer and Kirsten "Chuck-puppet" Gillibrand. Not much point in writing to them as we know where they stand.

Quote:
This is a backdoor attemp at 2A and if you can't see that than you are woefully lost
Before this latest SCOTUS ruling, I was confident any ratification would be tossed out easily. Now, we have no idea what the SCOTUS would do. And THAT should concern everyone here.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:16 AM   #78

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 10

some people still think we have a two party system. What we have are a dictator and a bunch of bobble-heads. He has to go for it because he is so close to achieving total control. One of his goals is pushing us into civil disobedience.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
Vietnam Vet 1968 MCB 53 Danang

Last edited by culdee; 07-10-2012 at 11:16 AM. Reason: typo

Old 07-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #79
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6881 Times on 3456 Posts
Likes Given: 7463

[QUOTE=bkt;865398]Exactly.

Chuck Schumer and Kirsten "Chuck-puppet" Gillibrand. Not much point in writing to them as we know where they stand.

Yes indeedy, Chuckles is an up and coming rising star for the DNC, his sidekick Kirsten is a clone. She actually has been an NRA Member for a long time but that doesnt mean crap! You can buy your membership for nearly nothing, truly supporting 2A it is not a fee she will ever pay if she wants her future as a Senior Member to be solid.

I stopped renewing my membership years ago after Heston became ill when I realized they had been co-opted by Republi-Crats, no different than AARP, Morals and Ethics for sale to the highest bidder.

Our love for single subject clubs and causes has led us down this road. We should rally behind the entire Simple Constitution not any one clause expounded on by Biparts, PHD's and Legalese. Anyone that tries to redefine or compromise any article, passage or clause has only one legal method to do so, a Constitutional Convention. Any other attempt to obfuscate it is illegal, anyone that has any part of doing that must be eliminated from the roles regardless of what party they attend! Either follow the primary laws of our land or sit the F@#% Down and Shut Up!

Those laws are simple, universal and ubiquitous; no one party can claim the higher ground on them if they are truly supporters of the whole Constitution and not just looking to steal headlines parsing parsnips. Actually, history has shown that almost nobody who calls themselves a Republican or a Democrat will truly support the Constitution in its entirety, thats the big secret, I like this but not that! You cant do that, its either all or nothing, if its nothing, you dont belong inside our borders much less in an elected office.

There are ways to change the Constitution, only one that holds water, to date, decree has been the chosen way of the Republi-Crat, not legal but effective at destroying the moral and ethical threads that bind our entire nation.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:00 PM   #80

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Many posts refer to a gun grab. What we are faced with are bans, huge bans. Gun makers will be regulated out of business and ammo will be non existant. Taxes will price us out of buying anything we are allowed to have.
Make no mistake, this treaty will pass and this generation will watch the death of liberty and the constitution. Obama is hell bent on this agenda and his marxist followers are too blind to see the end result.
Our freedoms will die this summer, and it wont be done with a show of force but a simple stroke of the pen.
This is treason against the people plain and simple. We need another free thinker like Thomas Jefferson to come along and set the government straight, until that man enters politics America will need a tombstone.
Just my opinion start bashing if you like.