U.N. Arms Trade Treaty - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > U.N. Arms Trade Treaty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
I wasn't going to post this because it's a single data point from an idiot ..... I felt personally attacked tonight.

Monroe Community College

----------

Someone needs to educate this fine young fellow that the "I was just following orders" defense didn't go over too well at the Nuremberg trials. And, if the military were to engage civilians, ALL military and possibly cops would immediately become the hunted.

Efff that, that punk needs to have his teeth kicked in by some steel toe boots!!! As I've said many times before, our Gov't underestimates the people they are sworn to serve

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 07-07-2012, 08:51 PM   #62
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
BKT, that's some scary reading!

every soldier takes the oath at enlistment and is bound by that oath to defend the Constitution from it's enemies, foreign and domestic. someone who gives and order to a soldier to deprive someone of their constitutional rights, has given an unlawful order and they are not bound by any means to follow through with that order without reprisals.

that persons comments i see as a slap in the face of every other person who is serving or has served with honor and distinction. everyone i know who has served, took that oath to heart and felt it was their duty to protect and defend our country and the constitution.
In a day when personal honor means nothing, swearing an oath is easy.

In a day when our founding and constitution are not taught to young people, it's easy for them to swear an oath to defend it...even if they don't know what it is.

The problem is the military isn't selective. They tell you to swear an oath but do they make sure you know what you're doing first? Nope.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:33 PM   #63

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ablast
A WELL REGULATED MILITIA, BEING NECESSARY TO THE SECURITY OF A FREE STATE,THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT NE INFRINGED......... What part don't they understand????
Amen and Amen!!!!

Old 07-08-2012, 12:04 PM   #64

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post
Its unfortunant that this is not the only such report.
I agree but Why should we be surprised at this response after 10 years or more of living at war? The powers that be wil convince them that the general public is nothing more than the walking dead and are a threat to the US govt which iis no longer one of the people by the people etc etc. This administration can spin anything and daily lies to the people.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
Vietnam Vet 1968 MCB 53 Danang

Old 07-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #65

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
In a day when personal honor means nothing, swearing an oath is easy.

In a day when our founding and constitution are not taught to young people, it's easy for them to swear an oath to defend it...even if they don't know what it is.

The problem is the military isn't selective. They tell you to swear an oath but do they make sure you know what you're doing first? Nope.
You are right on. Starting right at the top the words mean nothing to them. honor means nothing to them, winning means everything to them. We are simply impediments to their grand schemes.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
Vietnam Vet 1968 MCB 53 Danang

Old 07-08-2012, 02:05 PM   #66

Liked 90 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 29

It's very wrong to say that no one serving today has any honor. There are stupid people everywhere (military and LE included). I did my time, upheld my end of the deal and never once followed an illegal order, nor was I tempted to. By law you don't but you better be damn sure of what you are doing. Being ordered to point a gun at civilians should throw up a great big red flag for anyone in that position. That young person that told his friend he would shoot him if ordered to and rely on being given a direct order to defend his actions... should not be given a gun and definitely is in need of some "remedial" training. But please don't say none of our men and women serving have any honor. That's just wrong.

USAF 77-99
MAC trained killer

Old 07-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #67

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Honor is a personnal standard which one lives and dies by, giving no quarters to their judgement as to what is Horonable and What is not. A Solder, a Cop, a firefighter, a chaplin, and everyone, either has Honor of they don't. Some see nothing wrong with keeping the money they found in a lost wallet, and some will give the wallet back with the money still in it. To me the Horonable thing would be to give the wallet back with the money intact.

A person who has no morals and/or Honor to me deserves noting short of a rope and tree.

Old 07-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #68
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i agree with Opaww, that honor is a personal standard and we individually have to decide where we draw the line that we will not cross. honor to me is doing the right thing even when it's the harder choice to make. to do what allows me to face myself and the decisions i have made and knowing that i have to live with it everyday. honor is about personal morals and what they mean to you personally. honor is also the courage to stand up for what's right and to take a stand and stick to it no matter what everyone else does. the courage to do the right thing and to sometimes be alone in that decision.

there are many different definitions of honor to many different people, but it is something deep inside the person that drives the decisions they make and the choices they make.

honor is in the soldier who lays his life on the line to defend the Constitution and peoples rights, even the rights of someone to who would burn the flag in the freedom of speach and insult him for being a soldier. honor is the person who stands up to tyranny and oppression for those who can't.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #69
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Didn't mean to imply no one entering or currently serving has no sense of honor or understanding of the oath they have taken. Plenty do. Obviously, at least a few don't.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #70

Liked 90 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 29

And that also goes with our elected officials. When getting reelected is more important then serving the people that elected you...you have chosen the wrong profession. And now, thanks to the dumb asses in the SC.. he who has the most $$ wins.

USAF 77-99
MAC trained killer