U.N. Arms Trade Treaty - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

U.N. Arms Trade Treaty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Doesn't matter how it's supposed to work. Obama will put it through without a vote.
Yes after/if he gets re-elected look out. the executive order to end them all.

Old 07-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #52

Liked 3740 Times on 1828 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

I see a lot of folks worrying constantly about our rights and how the Fed's are trying to whittle away at them. I for one hope this administration pushes this one and pushes it hard, harder than they did with the healthcare reform.

We are long past do for a fight on this issue and the Fed is overconfident in it's position

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD
bkt Likes This 
Old 07-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #53
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 3193 Times on 1930 Posts
Likes Given: 3069

I just have two points to make about this UN Gun Ban business:

1. The UN millitary consists largely of US troops. How many of them will "invade" the US to try to take guns away from their family and friends?

2. The US Constitution (2nd Amendment) declares that "the right of the people to bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed." Any congress who ratifies such a treaty is, by definition, guilty of treason. Those who voted for it should be impeached, arrested, convicted and executed according to US law.

Hey, I have a great idea! Let's raise the rent on the UN Headquarters! A few billion here, a few billion there, pretty soon you're talking real money!
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Last edited by Balota; 07-07-2012 at 02:52 PM.
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 07-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1280 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

As far as troops refusing to go along with the confiscation is concerned, I think it would be dependent upon how high up the refusal comes from. It would take somebody in the General/Admiral category to stop it. Because many or most grunts would be likely to follow orders to keep from being court-martialed or shot on the spot. Plus the lower ranks would likely be fed some kinda bull like there was a revolution going on and they were doing the dirty deed to stop the revolution and protect granny from the revolutionaries. Whoops! I'd best stop using the "R" word because that's one of the words Homeland "Security" scans for in everything that get posted on the internet.

Last edited by AIKIJUTSU; 07-07-2012 at 04:29 PM.

Old 07-07-2012, 04:27 PM   #55

Liked 143 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 43

I have said this before, but think it is worth saying again... each and every elected official takes an "Oath of Office" Here is the Oath the Senate takes: "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God".
Isn't any action that violates this Oath at bear minimum purgery?

Old 07-07-2012, 07:08 PM   #56
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22308 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by thdrduck View Post
I have said this before, but think it is worth saying again... each and every elected official takes an "Oath of Office" Here is the Oath the Senate takes: "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God".
Isn't any action that violates this Oath at bear minimum purgery?
every duly sworn officer and officials take this pledge and oath. sad that many don't take it to heart and follow it. so IMO, just about everyone of them is guilty of treason. they constantly try and do undermine the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. if you try to restrict or remove these rights, which are were gauranteed by our founding fathers, that is treason.

Old 07-07-2012, 08:00 PM   #57
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
I see a lot of folks worrying constantly about our rights and how the Fed's are trying to whittle away at them. I for one hope this administration pushes this one and pushes it hard, harder than they did with the healthcare reform.

We are long past do for a fight on this issue and the Fed is overconfident in it's position
Yeah, I think I'm with you. It's an all-in proposition, though: if not enough people decide enough's enough, we're mortally screwed. (Then again, when government does it slow and gentle with lube, it just takes a little longer but we're still screwed.)

Old 07-07-2012, 08:10 PM   #58
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
every duly sworn officer and officials take this pledge and oath. sad that many don't take it to heart and follow it. so IMO, just about everyone of them is guilty of treason. they constantly try and do undermine the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. if you try to restrict or remove these rights, which are were gauranteed by our founding fathers, that is treason.
I wasn't going to post this because it's a single data point from an idiot and there are definitely people in the military who would pound this douche bag into the dirt for saying what he said, but here goes:

Subject: If you were ordered to kill an American Citizen would you?
Date: 07/05/2012 11:56 PM
To: *******@gmail.com, *****@kal-mfg.com

Hey guys,

First I want to thank you both again for the support! It means a lot that you guys would offer to help me so energetically. I strongly believe with the help of you two, I will become a very successful Committeeman.

However, tonight was a loss.

When I got home my friend from high school that has been in the navy for two years but in Japan for one was at my house. His name is **** *****. JP starts talking to me about the Eminem video I sent him which talks about the Propaganda he was forced to sell and how he is fighting to get out of the hold of the devil and stuff like that, you guys know. So I start talking to **** about this, and so I eventually get to the main question that scares that S**T out of me. I said, " If you were ordered to kill an american citizen would you?"

He replied with a paralyzing, "Yes." He said this with no hesitation!

Then I ask, "If you were ordered to kill me, would you then?" His answer almost made my heart stop. He said, "Sorry dude."

I just can't believe it. My friend would kill me because of the false sh!t they were being fed!

So I asked why in the world would he be okay with killing me and not standing up to his order!? He said that if he was ordered to do something he has to do it even if it is wrong because he said that he wouldn't be the one responsible because he was given an order! So I remind him of his oath and he then reiterates his point about not being responsible for his actions if given a direct order.

This is where I ended/changed the topic because I could feel my blood boiling and my stomach turning. I don't know how I will sleep tonight! This just reminds me and motivates me to pick up the pace! Drastic times call for drastic measures! We need to get together, ***, and really start to understand this common law stuff in order to be able to do some drastic changes. Listen, tonight scared the sh!t out of me and now I am ready to turn it up. I felt personally attacked tonight.

Monroe Community College

----------

Someone needs to educate this fine young fellow that the "I was just following orders" defense didn't go over too well at the Nuremberg trials. And, if the military were to engage civilians, ALL military and possibly cops would immediately become the hunted.
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 07-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #59

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Its unfortunant that this is not the only such report.

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 07-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #60
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22308 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

BKT, that's some scary reading!

every soldier takes the oath at enlistment and is bound by that oath to defend the Constitution from it's enemies, foreign and domestic. someone who gives and order to a soldier to deprive someone of their constitutional rights, has given an unlawful order and they are not bound by any means to follow through with that order without reprisals.

that persons comments i see as a slap in the face of every other person who is serving or has served with honor and distinction. everyone i know who has served, took that oath to heart and felt it was their duty to protect and defend our country and the constitution.