Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > U.N. Arms Trade Treaty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #461
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1150 Times on 675 Posts
Likes Given: 1717

Mexico would dearly love to have the U.S. citizens disarmed. Then they could come over her and rape, rob, and murder at their convenience.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:18 AM   #462
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2196 Times on 1097 Posts
Likes Given: 1123

One thing to say! When it comes to the UN meddling in our Freedom and our Second Amendment Rights!
Well here is my response!

un_blue_helmet.jpg  

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

People Like This 
Old 03-31-2013, 02:40 PM   #463

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Default Looks like it's going to the General Assembly for approval

The President of the United Nations’ Final Conference on the Arms Trade Treaty, Australian Ambassador Peter Woolcott, ruled on March 28th that there was no consensus of the member states to adopt the final draft text of the treaty because of formal objections raised by Iran, North Korea and Syria.

These three countries gave various reasons for their decision to block the treaty from moving forward with consensus approval in the conference, including that it unfairly favored exporting states over importing states and did not allow the Palestinians facing “occupation” by Israel to acquire arms to fight for “self-determination.” No UN conference would be complete without some Israel-bashing, after all.

Latin American and African countries in particular, which view themselves as the victims of the unregulated flow of arms used to kill or intimidate their civilian populations, strongly criticized the three outlier countries that were thwarting the will of the overwhelming majority of member states. Mexico even urged that the treaty be approved anyway since only three countries out of 193 member states had formally objected but, after Russia protested that consensus meant that there had to be no formal objections whatsoever, Ambassador Woolcott rejected Mexico’s proposal to change the UN’s rules of adoption by consensus.

However, the treaty is not dead. It will now go to the UN General Assembly as part of a resolution that can be adopted in that chamber by a super majority vote - mostly likely, a two-thirds affirmative vote. This submission and vote could happen as early as the first week of April.

For the reasons I stated in my March 28th article, the draft treaty - while not as bad as it could have been - remains deeply flawed. The treaty covers the “transfer” of guns and rifles, which are part of the category of conventional arms listed as “small arms and light weapons.” Transfers are defined as including not only exports and imports, but also “transit,” “trans-shipment” and “brokering” (all undefined terms) within a member party state’s territory. Ammunition is also regulated under the treaty, but to a slightly lesser degree.

Consider also the treaty’s requirements for state parties to maintain broad scope “national control lists” to be shared with the UN Secretariat, coupled with the treaty’s encouragement of member party states to maintain detailed records relating to transferred conventional arms including “the quantity, value, model/type and end users, as appropriate.” These provisions may well serve as a precursor for national registration of all guns and rifles sold and purchased within a member party state’s territory, since they may possibly be “diverted” into international trade at some point..........

The Obama administration supports the treaty and will vote for it when the treaty text comes up before the General Assembly shortly.........

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/54145

Gun Zombies are hard to put down. It's like watching a Jason movie!

I've already sent my (3rd? 4th?) letter to our Prime Minister with copies to the relevant Cabinet ministers and my own MP. My reasoning was clear. So was the fact that my vote and my financial support is at stake.

I am beholden to no man for my right to defend myself and my family. That basic human right was mine with the first breath I drew many years ago. The right to self-defence is useless if I am denied the means to effectively exercise it. If, therefore, I cannot be denied the means to effectively exercise the right of self-defence, I will not willingly submit to regulation (and permission) from a U.N. bureaucrat.....or any bureaucrat. My rights do not come from government. If those things are true - and they are - then what's this kibuki theatre really all about?

If it's about African unrest and rebellion and places like Darfur and C.A.R.; I say this:

Rwanda stands as testament to what can be accomplished with farm implements against unarmed civilians.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Last edited by Rocky7; 03-31-2013 at 02:50 PM.
AIKIJUTSU Likes This 
Old 04-01-2013, 05:32 PM   #464
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

If it passes, Para Bellum.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:50 PM   #465

Liked 135 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 38

You Rambo's wanna switch to decaf maybe?

I'm not the first to say it, maybe here, but it's ironic we have Iran, North Korea and Syria to thank for sticking up for our civil liberties when the administration here is dashing them to the floor.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:43 AM   #466
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1752 Times on 999 Posts
Likes Given: 3530

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattShlock View Post

I'm not the first to say it, maybe here, but it's ironic we have Iran, North Korea and Syria to thank for sticking up for our civil liberties when the administration here is dashing them to the floor.
I will stay with the non-decaf!

Old 04-02-2013, 06:32 PM   #467
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

FYI! I would like to know the 23 abstentions.

U.N. passes sweeping international arms regulation viewed by some as Second Amendment override

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/2/un-passes-international-arms-regulation-treaty/

The United Nations General Assembly on Tuesday signed off on a sweeping, first-of-its-kind treaty to regulate the international arms trade, brushing aside worries from U.S. gun rights advocates that the pact could lead to a national firearms registry and disrupt the American gun market.

The long-debated U.N. Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) requires countries to regulate and control the export of weaponry such as battle tanks, combat vehicles and aircraft and attack helicopters, as well as parts and ammunition for such weapons. It also provides that signatories will not violate arms embargoes, international treaties regarding illicit trafficking, or sell weaponry to countries for genocide, crimes against humanity or other war crimes.

With the Obama administration supporting the final treaty draft, the General Assembly vote was 154 to 3, with 23 abstentions. Iran, Syria and North Korea voted against it.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:44 PM   #468
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattShlock View Post

Would you rather them bend over and let the UN stick it up their ass? Is that what you would do?

Old 04-02-2013, 06:48 PM   #469
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Even if our hero sign(s/ed) it, surely the SCOTUS will find it unconstitutional. The U.S. still doesn't recognize the U.N. as world dictator - yet.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #470
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
Even if our hero sign(s/ed) it, surely the SCOTUS will find it unconstitutional. The U.S. still doesn't recognize the U.N. as world dictator - yet.
Watch what happens in the coming days, this POS of administration will try and push for a national registration of all weapons.

Forgot to add, they do not care about the children, they want to control the masses.