Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > U.N. Arms Trade Treaty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1138 Times on 557 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Lets not forget that the congrass has to ratify all treaties. At this point the Senate might, even though that would clear out a lot of Dems at the next election. The house would not. Even a lot of the rural Dems know their constituency would not support that kind of a vote, and it would be political suicide.

Damn, they might have to get a real job! The horror....

Old 07-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #32

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat
Lets not forget that the congrass has to ratify all treaties. At this point the Senate might, even though that would clear out a lot of Dems at the next election. The house would not. Even a lot of the rural Dems know their constituency would not support that kind of a vote, and it would be political suicide.

My guess is that the same 17 that voted contempt on Holder would vote against this treaty...

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 07-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #33

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

No it was mostly just a rant because it makes me feel better but i have called my senators and i just pray he doesn't get re elected because i dont think there is much we can do to save the country if he dose.

Old 07-05-2012, 05:10 PM   #34
bkt

Liked 1304 Times on 663 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujutsuka View Post
See Reid v. Covert, which asserts that treaties cannot supersede the Constitution:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reid_v._Covert

That said, we must always remain vigilant.
Yeah, well, precedent doesn't mean much.

It's illegal to pose as a cop or a Federal agent when you're not, right? It carries penalties and even prison time, right? But the SCOTUS just ruled it's OK to pretend you were awarded the Medal of Honor. They struck down the Stolen Valor Act.

Nowhere in the constitution is the federal government tasked with overseeing health care, yet the SCOTUS ruled, on the same day, that it's perfectly constitutional.

NOTHING THIS GOVERNMENT DOES SHOULD SURPRISE YOU. IT IS NOT OPERATING WITHIN THE BOUNDS OF LAW.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:27 PM   #35

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt
Yeah, well, precedent doesn't mean much.

It's illegal to pose as a cop or a Federal agent when you're not, right? It carries penalties and even prison time, right? But the SCOTUS just ruled it's OK to pretend you were awarded the Medal of Honor. They struck down the Stolen Valor Act.

Nowhere in the constitution is the federal government tasked with overseeing health care, yet the SCOTUS ruled, on the same day, that it's perfectly constitutional.

NOTHING THIS GOVERNMENT DOES SHOULD SURPRISE YOU. IT IS NOT OPERATING WITHIN THE BOUNDS OF LAW.
About time for a new list of grievences it would seem...

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 07-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #36

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I have no faith in POTUS, Scotus, or congress anymore. Even if my vote means nothing still I vote in protest of the corruption and evil that seems to have taken root in washington.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
Vietnam Vet 1968 MCB 53 Danang

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 07-06-2012, 06:09 AM   #37
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1697 Times on 969 Posts
Likes Given: 3474

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat View Post

This is what I found on another forum, scares the crap out of me.

Link to Dick Morris talking "US Will Sign Gun (BAN) Control on 27th of July"

http://12160.info/forum/topics/us-will-sign-gun-control-treaty-on-july-27

We may feel protected by the thought that.."well..the Congress will NEVER ratify this treaty...so why worry about it".

I'm worried that this treaty will be implemented in the United States by way of Executive Order and Administrative Policies...the same way United Nations Agenda 21 was put into action back in 1992. Another situation where the President (Bush Sr.) signs a "soft treaty". Even though it was never ratified by Congress, Agenda 21 policies continue to become part of our daily lives on an ever increasing basis.

The very fine Representative Nancy Pelosi actually proposed two different Bills (the first one actually passing the House) that would have directly implemented Agenda 21 in the United States.

After those two failed attempts, Clinton formed The Council on Sustainable Development, Agenda 21 Policies immediately began infecting all branches of the fed government.

I think this is the path this United Nations Arms Treaty will follow as well.

Think this is a serious heads up...

Steps:

1. Regulation

2. Registration

3. Confiscation

4. Go-Time (Gloves get to come off)

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1719546416001/

Old 07-06-2012, 06:25 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
4. Go-Time (Gloves get to come off)

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1719546416001/
i cant wait, i would love to go henry bowman on their asses!

Old 07-06-2012, 10:12 AM   #39
bkt

Liked 1304 Times on 663 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat View Post
Lets not forget that the congrass has to ratify all treaties. At this point the Senate might, even though that would clear out a lot of Dems at the next election. The house would not.
The House does not ratify treaties - only the Senate does.

Article II Section 2:
He [the President] shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur;

Old 07-06-2012, 12:21 PM   #40
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2916 Times on 1717 Posts

Doesn't matter how it's supposed to work. Obama will put it through without a vote.

I don't need No stinking signature.