Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > U.N. Arms Trade Treaty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 11:48 PM   #341
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

The two biggest A-hoes on this ban,Are Obama & Hillary who want to push this through.?

Old 11-11-2012, 02:44 AM   #342

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinvisibleheart View Post
I have a question about this.

How does UN small arms treaty have sovereignty over domestic US territory?
Here is a response I received from my Senator when I contacted his office voicing my position AGAINST the SAT,

Quote:
Dear Mr. Dog2000TJ:

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns about the UN "Small Arms Treaty". I appreciate the opportunity to respond to you on this important issue.

In 2009, the United States government-to-government arms sales were nearly $40 billion. The US sells more military weapons worldwide than any other nation. U.S. contractors continue to be the top arms supplier for most foreign governments, including countries that until recently were barred from buying American weapons like India, Pakistan and Indonesia.

The U.N. Arms Trade Treaty would work to establish common international standards for import, export and transfer of conventional arms. The treaty seeks to establish a strong international standard to improve the current global situation by denying arms to those who would abuse them. This standard would operate under the rule of consensus decision-making. Consensus is needed to ensure the widest possible support for the Treaty to avoid loopholes in the Treaty that can be exploited by those wishing to export arms irresponsibly.

The trade of arms has helped to fuel conflicts in volatile regions, to endanger American soldiers fighting in these countries, and to lead to major human rights abuses. In today's conflicts, over 80 percent of all casualties are civilian and 90 percent of these are caused by small arms. It is troubling that some of the countries we help are run by oppressive and corrupt regimes, which have long records of human rights violations.

I firmly believe that Congress must become more active in shaping U.S. arms export policy, particularly with regard to countries that may present a threat to our security or that of our allies.

It is imperative that the United States does not engage in arms deals that threaten the security of this country and endanger the lives of civilians in developing nations. Instead, the U.S. must set an example for all nations to follow. Whether the UN Treaty is the best way to do this, or another route, rest assured I will do all I can to see that arms proliferation is reduced throughout the world.

Again, thank you for contacting me about this important issue. Feel free to contact me again in the future about this or any other subject of interest to you, or for up-to-date information on what my office is working on please visit http://www.sanders.senate.gov. While there, I invite you to sign up for my e-newsletter, the Bernie Buzz, at http://sanders.senate.gov/buzz/. Please be aware that due to security screening procedures, postal mail to my office experiences delays that will lengthen the time it takes me to get back to you. The fastest way to contact my office is by calling 1-800-339-9834.

Sincerely,

BERNARD SANDERS
United States Senator
Now lets break it down shall we

Based on Senator Sander's logic he feel US arms manufacturers like Colt, Ruger, Smith&Wesson, Remington and others are responsible for supplying arms to the worlds conflict areas? that it is US arms manufactures that are putting our Military men and women in harms way? That our Military's reckless disregard for civilians results in 80% of civilian casualties? that US arms manufacturers are breaking US export laws by selling arms internationally?

and some icing on that cake,

Quote:
I firmly believe that Congress must become more active in shaping U.S. arms export policy, particularly with regard to countries that may present a threat to our security or that of our allies.

It is imperative that the United States does not engage in arms deals that threaten the security of this country and endanger the lives of civilians in developing nations. Instead, the U.S. must set an example for all nations to follow. Whether the UN Treaty is the best way to do this, or another route, rest assured I will do all I can to see that arms proliferation is reduced throughout the world.
it sounds to me this Senator is overreaching in his authority and power If he truly believes that US arms manufacturers are breaking US export law than it his his duty to inform the FBI so they can investigate and prosecute if need be. He has been elected to represent the people of Vermont in the US Congress ... NOT to represent his own position on the World stage of the UN!!!

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

People Like This 
Old 11-11-2012, 04:13 AM   #343
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19595 Times on 11123 Posts
Likes Given: 49334

gee Dog, sounds like Bernie is ready to sign on the dotted line to push the small arms treaty into effect.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:42 AM   #344

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
gee Dog, sounds like Bernie is ready to sign on the dotted line to push the small arms treaty into effect.
ya think?

the guy is a fu***ng piece-o-s**t scumbag selling out the US in order to get himself a cushy position within the UN ... like most of our senators have been trying to do lately

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

People Like This 
Old 11-11-2012, 04:53 AM   #345
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19595 Times on 11123 Posts
Likes Given: 49334

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
ya think?

the guy is a fu***ng piece-o-s**t scumbag selling out the US in order to get himself a cushy position within the UN ... like most of our senators have been trying to do lately
then we need to vote these scumbuckets out of office and put them on the unemployment line!

Old 11-11-2012, 05:04 AM   #346

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
then we need to vote these scumbuckets out of office and put them on the unemployment line!
the pothead hippies up here re-elected him with something like 79% of the vote

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

Old 11-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #347

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 10

if you hang your liberty on the determination of one word," international vs domestic," expect to be very disappointed. Remember, "what is the definition of is?" Same lying scheming people different day.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
Vietnam Vet 1968 MCB 53 Danang

Old 11-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #348

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 4

See the NRA's concerns:

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2012/07/09/nra-takes-aim-at-weapons-treaty

NRA Life Member
Texas State Rifle Association Life Member
Second Amendment Foundation Life Member
In God We (I) Trust

Old 11-11-2012, 07:11 PM   #349

Quote:
Originally Posted by american121 View Post
the same NRA that told all it's minions to follow Romney to an azzkciking? that same NRA?

FUCK THEM!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

Old 11-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #350
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1125 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

The worst thing about such a treaty, IMHO, is that it would be one more step towards a world government, which would be controlled by those who do not have the best interests of the US at heart. We would eventually be bound by whatever laws they would come up with, and we would be just another 3rd world slave state.