Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > U.N. Arms Trade Treaty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 10:48 PM   #331
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1338 Times on 791 Posts
Likes Given: 3322

It is the way that the treaty is written. If the US signs it, it becomes permanent if the Senate ratifies it, which it has not each time that this has come up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinvisibleheart View Post
I have a question about this.

How does UN small arms treaty have sovereignty over domestic US territory?
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 11-10-2012, 10:48 PM   #332

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

my understanding is that international small arms treaty usually doesn't cover domestic small arms.

Old 11-10-2012, 10:49 PM   #333
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1338 Times on 791 Posts
Likes Given: 3322

That would depend on what Hitlery or her replacement would add to it.

Quote:
my understanding is that international small arms treaty usually doesn't cover domestic small arms.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-10-2012, 10:50 PM   #334

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS92A View Post
It is the way that the treaty is written. If the US signs it, it becomes permanent if the Senate ratifies it, which it has not each time that this has come up.
Senate is responsible for foreign affairs.

Does UN treaty covers US domestic small arms? Just confused because I thought it was over international small arms issue, not domestic small arms.

Old 11-10-2012, 10:52 PM   #335
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19814 Times on 11249 Posts
Likes Given: 49935

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS92A View Post
That would depend on what Hitlery or her replacement would add to it.
exactly! do not put it past them to add anything they think they slide past the American public.

Old 11-10-2012, 10:57 PM   #336

Quote:
Senate is responsible for foreign affairs.

Does UN treaty covers US domestic small arms? Just confused because I thought it was over international small arms issue, not domestic small arms.
the UN is global. the small arms treaty would or could involve every nation that makes arms for sale to private citizens. a Ruger in this country is domestic, but in UK it's international, not domestic. a Walther made in Germany is domestic in Germany, but international here in the USA.

i may be wrong in my assessment of this, but that's my take on the international small arms treaty. if i am incorrect, please correct my thinking and enlighten me.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:02 PM   #337

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

according to this entry on snopes.com, UN small arms treaty is supposed to be about illegal international small arms trafficking, not domestic small arms ownership.

In fact, according to entry on snopes.com, domestic ownership is intentionally excluded.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/untreaty.asp

Old 11-10-2012, 11:07 PM   #338

Quote:
according to this entry on snopes.com, UN small arms treaty is supposed to be about illegal international small arms trafficking, not domestic small arms ownership.

In fact, according to entry on snopes.com, domestic ownership is intentionally excluded.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/untreaty.asp
i don't mean to sound insulting, but do you believe that? remember the Fast and Furious operation that was suppose to track firearms to the Mexican drug cartels so they could stem the flow of illegal firearms to them? and how did that end? not very well at all! many people died, including a US border agent, because of it. please don't delude yourself into believing such nonsense.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:18 PM   #339

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

no, I don't find your assertion insulting.

F&F was a domestic operation. UN treaty is supposed to be an international treaty.

International treaty, including small arms treaty, covers relationship b/w countries, not internal matters of participating nations, like domestic small arms ownership.

Let's say snopes' entry is not correct.

In that case, an easy way to confirm it is to find the relevant entry in the UN small arms treaty which, if signed by US, amount to new domestic small arms regulation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i don't mean to sound insulting, but do you believe that? remember the Fast and Furious operation that was suppose to track firearms to the Mexican drug cartels so they could stem the flow of illegal firearms to them? and how did that end? not very well at all! many people died, including a US border agent, because of it. please don't delude yourself into believing such nonsense.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:31 PM   #340

Quote:
no, I don't find your assertion insulting.

F&F was a domestic operation. UN treaty is supposed to be an international treaty.

International treaty, including small arms treaty, covers relationship b/w countries, not internal matters of participating nations, like domestic small arms ownership.

Let's say snopes' entry is not correct.

In that case, an easy way to confirm it is to find the relevant entry in the UN small arms treaty which, if signed by US, amount to new domestic small arms regulation.
let me put this as simple as i can. irregardless whether it to be true or not at this point, it opens the door for future regulation and separation of our fireams from us as citizens of this country. are you an American citizen or a subject of the UN? as an American citizen, i don't feel any outside foreign orginization has any place or right to dictate to Amercans as to their Constitutional rights, in general and our 2nd admendment in particular. ask those in the UK or Australia about how this happens. one small restriction at a time, until one day everyone realizes they have no more gun rights at all!
People Like This