U.N. Arms Trade Treaty - Page 15
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > U.N. Arms Trade Treaty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2012, 04:02 AM   #141
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Heres Chucks full response. Nice letter, not convincing in any way. He would be happy to be assured that his bodyguards were the only ones carrying.

Thank you for contacting me regarding gun control legislation. Like you, I believe the right to bear arms is guaranteed by the Constitutionís Second Amendment. The recent Supreme Court decisions reinforced this fact, but I believed that this was the case prior to those decisions.

While I certainly respect the Second Amendment to the Constitution, I believe that we have a collective interest in keeping guns out of the hands of those who want to harm the innocent. I believe it is possible to strike a reasonable balance. I have long advocated for faster and more accurate background checks so legal purchasers can receive their guns quickly while ensuring criminals do not illegally purchase and possess firearms. In 2011, I proposed S. 436, the Fix Gun Checks Act to provide more funding to states to compile required background data for the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). This legislation builds on the National Rifle Association-supported NICS Improvements Amendment Act, passed by Congress in 2007. Ensuring that this information is comprehensive and up to date will protect law enforcement from criminals with illegally obtained weapons while speeding up the process for purchasing legal firearms.

You may also be pleased to know that I have successfully fought to create new opportunities for law abiding citizens to exercise their right to use guns. For example, in the 109th Congress, I secured federal money to expand the scarce hunting grounds in New York State by creating a financial incentive for private landowners to allow hunters access to their property.

Thank you for contacting me about this important issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can ever be of assistance to you on this, or any other matter.

Sincerely,

Charles E. Schumer
United States Senator

"You may also be pleased to know that I have successfully fought to create new opportunities for law abiding citizens to exercise their right to use guns." Hmm, thats nice, he should be fighting for all opportunities not just new ones, thats parsing rights not supporting them....
i really like that one part, strike a reasonable balance! there is no reasonable balance! to me it's like being pregnant, either some is, or they ain't! there is not an in between here. either for the upholding of the 2nd admendment or not. i don't see a reasonable balance. this reasonable balance he is asking for is how they take it away a little at a time. pretty soon it's gone and everyone wonders, where the f%$# did it go?

no more restrictions, bans or anymore gun control laws or complying with any UN measures that are trying to dictate our rights and freedoms in this country. the UN needs to keep their noses out of trying to implement policy in this country. UN members are not citizens of this country, so therefor they should not have any say so about our rights and freedoms. our president has no right to make agreements with anyone that infringes our rights and freedoms and our Constitution. when he wants to do so, his actions border on treason. he is selling out our country for his own political agenda, which is selling out every red-blooded American who believes the Constitution and the Bill of Rights to be the most sacred documents written for our country. he is selling out and dishonoring every man and women who wore a uniform, took an oath to defend the Constitution, eveyrone of them that died or shed blood in defence of those rights and freedoms. to allow him to do so means, that all those who died, all the way back to very beginning of our fight for freedom, by our founding fathers, will have been in vain. the entire present administration is based of nothing more than traitors to our country. they truly need to go and the sooner the better.

Old 07-14-2012, 01:26 PM   #142

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 124

I live in NY so we have the dubious honor of the camera hogging regulation loving Chuck U Schumer... And his protege, Kristan "how do you want me to vote Chuck?" Gillibrand. I wish NYC could be made into its own Marxist island and let the rest of our state fend for ourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
I know my senator is all in favor of this ... seems more important to him than representing the folks and state of VT

Old 07-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #143
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1280 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

I sent a letter to my 2 senators and my congressman, via the web sight. It was actually sent. I got the canned "thanks for your letter" replies. Then I got an email from the "Dick Morris" outfit begging for money.

Old 07-14-2012, 01:57 PM   #144
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8132 Times on 4194 Posts
Likes Given: 9345

MD, NY is hands down the most beautiful and bountiful state in the Union 7/10the of the year. No major natural disasters, no overpopulation, our housing markets have remained stable and natural and renewable resources we have at our fingertips have primed us to be nearly unstoppable. Unfortunately, we have a tax crazy State and Federal Government who hasnt seen a tax they didnt like.

Just dumping NYC wont fix it we have to wall off Albany as well, just like Berlin. They can keep an Airport but railservice, Limo's and buses will be in blackout mode. If they can see it, they will tax it!

Anyone like Chuckles Screwmore that says they only want to strike a balance with our Constitutional rights as a bargaining chip has no place in any position of power, much less a Senator. This letter infuriates me as much as letting the New World Order owning any piece of our Sovereign Nations blood, sweat and tears.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #145
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8132 Times on 4194 Posts
Likes Given: 9345

Ditch Morris is a hoot, he is a free agent for political might. I remember when he was Bill and Hills Best Friend ever! He's jumped ship soon after the end of the Clinton years. No question he is clearly a great advocate for whatever he speaks of but I wouldnt say hes a friend for life.

Trying to convince anyone of anything with a letter writing campaign is nearly futile, i did it anyways and got the response I expected. "I haven't decided yet if I'm going to support the Constitution or "The New World Order". Clearly, that means hes for the Second Choice not the Second Amendment...
alsaqr Likes This 
Old 07-14-2012, 02:17 PM   #146
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Honestly believe they will give half a flying f&%k about a petition?
Good point! Know, too, that as a chess player I've been watching the nuances and strategic moves across the board by both parties,
Obama the corporate lackie, and his and their bosses: the architects of the New World Order behind the curtain calling the shots. One
can clearly see that an 'economic martial law' will be called into manifestation. But before then all firearms must be removed from all
American citizens; and if not, then Obama/Hillary's proposal to the United Nations will probably go into effect: global ban on ammo.

Old 07-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #147
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
MD, NY is hands down the most beautiful and bountiful state in the Union 7/10the of the year. No major natural disasters, no overpopulation, our housing markets have remained stable and natural and renewable resources we have at our fingertips have primed us to be nearly unstoppable. Unfortunately, we have a tax crazy State and Federal Government who hasnt seen a tax they didnt like.

Just dumping NYC wont fix it we have to wall off Albany as well, just like Berlin. They can keep an Airport but railservice, Limo's and buses will be in blackout mode. If they can see it, they will tax it!

Anyone like Chuckles Screwmore that says they only want to strike a balance with our Constitutional rights as a bargaining chip has no place in any position of power, much less a Senator. This letter infuriates me as much as letting the New World Order owning any piece of our Sovereign Nations blood, sweat and tears.
personally, they need to give the UN an eviction notice! boot them out of this country. there may have been a time many, many years ago when the UN had a legitimate purpose and course of action in world affairs and the Unisted States had much power in their decisions, but that time seems to have passed by many years ago. i see the UN as a stepping stone now to the formation of a One World Government and a so-called New World Order. i also see this being bad for our country and it's citizens.

Old 07-14-2012, 03:08 PM   #148
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2530 Times on 1390 Posts
Likes Given: 4014

Despite rhetoric to the contrary most US politicians love the UN. They have an international forum from which to rant when their egos run rampant and the desire to attack a foreign country overwhelms them.

Old 07-14-2012, 03:34 PM   #149
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1280 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Yep. Obama and the UN. Obama's like the "Wizard of OZ". (Pay no attention to the man (men) behind the curtain.)

Old 07-14-2012, 03:45 PM   #150

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Next they will wanna ban sticks and rocks, if they take my guns imma start sharpening some.