Turn in your rifles and shotguns in NYC - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Turn in your rifles and shotguns in NYC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 203 Times on 140 Posts
Likes Given: 347

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
This sucks indeed, but it isn't due to the SAFE act.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/11/27/the-gun-confiscation-notice-nyc-resident-reportedly-received-will-likely-send-chills-down-your-spine/

The law of the chity:
http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/nycode/ADC/10/3/10-306

Those poor people in New York Chity lost their rights long before the rest of their state.

Somebody posted a similar link on another forum leading to a similar explanation that no, so far this was just the people in New York Chity and their corrupt laws, not the new corrupt SAFE act.

The sad part is that most people will probably not even be surprised by the posting, as it is completely believable of that corrupt SAFE act.

MOVE PEOPLE! LEAVE THAT FROZEN NORTH!

On the other hand IF you enjoy the freedom of Constitutional carry, COME ON UP to the "Frozen North" of Alaska!

You have to LIVE, DIE, and PAY TAXES, and pay for what you do between your LIVING and your DYING!

Old 12-01-2013, 03:31 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1577 Times on 1075 Posts
Likes Given: 543

Quote:
Originally Posted by artbrownsr View Post

On the other hand IF you enjoy the freedom of Constitutional carry, COME ON UP to the "Frozen North" of Alaska!
That is OK I will stay in NC. My ancestors had to make whiskey to get through the winter. I am not moving to Alaska to punt my family back to the 1920's. Alaska sounds like a great destination for mad New Yorkers. They will teach you all how to make apples into cider instead of PJ.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 12-01-2013, 03:43 PM   #33

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ
I still say NYC needs to become a city state and be divorced from the rest of the state. Build a wall around it and require passports and visas to get out. Let them wallow in their own mess. I know a lot of New York State Citizens would agree.

Agreed but too many people commute from Long Island, westchester and north jersey on a daily basis for it to be reasonable, but I like where your head is at
Old 12-01-2013, 04:00 PM   #34
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
http://www.ibtimes.com/google-warns-government-watching-us-whos-watching-google-882570

http://www.wnd.com/2009/08/107086/

http://www.alternet.org/story/155764/6_government_surveillance_programs_designed_to_wat ch_what_you_do_online

You can use google to find page after page of similar articles. Wired magazine warned us about the prism program a couple years ago. We have a US citizen hiding in Russia for exposing the NSA. The NSA was caught spying on the german chancellor. The NSA was busted for spying on media outlets and reporters. I guess when the NSA sends pictures of you getting it on, you will believe they are spying on us.
the NSA has been in the spy business for over 50 years. they ae doing nothing differnet than what they were doing years ago. the only thing different are the players in the game.

of course they watch what goes online. terrorists use the internet and emails to communicate with each other just like everyone else.

look at the numbers. there are what, over 300 million people in the US, and how much electronic mail and information do you thing gets sent and received in one day? billions! they have to have analysts to decypher all that information. IOW's a human has to go through all that information and determine what's relevent and what's not.

they simply do not have the man power and the resources to spy on individual citizens and worry about them getting it on! yes they may have been caught spying on some high profile government officials and the media, but that still isn't average Joe Blow citizen being spied on.

that is nothing more than a conspiracy theory at best and paranoid thinking. at the same level as the JFK Assassination conspiracy, the Nasa Conspiracy and Area 51 conspiracy.

next you will be trying to convince us there are little green men in Roswell!

if you are so worried about people spying on you, then maybe you need to seriously be careful of what you say online.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:22 PM   #35
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1963 Times on 1062 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by jord1985 View Post
Agreed but too many people commute from Long Island, westchester and north jersey on a daily basis for it to be reasonable, but I like where your head is at
NYC is a great place to a long ways from. I was born in Manhattan so I am not speaking as a stranger. I lived in Baldwinsville for a couple of years about 30 years ago and yes the upstate people are OK. Property taxes are horrendous. As one poster put it NYC needs to be a separate entity be it a district or city state. CA is faced with the same problem as the cities control the state and the conservatives in the more rural areas are effectively disenfranchised. The northern part of CA has been trying to break away for years and now the rural southern areas are also talking about breaking away.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

TimL2952 Likes This 
Old 12-01-2013, 04:25 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1958 Times on 1155 Posts
Likes Given: 927

Quote:
Originally Posted by artbrownsr View Post

Been there, saw that, done that, and the canceled PFD checks to prove it!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 12-02-2013, 12:00 AM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1577 Times on 1075 Posts
Likes Given: 543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
the NSA has been in the spy business for over 50 years. they ae doing nothing differnet than what they were doing years ago. the only thing different are the players in the game.

of course they watch what goes online. terrorists use the internet and emails to communicate with each other just like everyone else.

look at the numbers. there are what, over 300 million people in the US, and how much electronic mail and information do you thing gets sent and received in one day? billions! they have to have analysts to decypher all that information. IOW's a human has to go through all that information and determine what's relevent and what's not.

they simply do not have the man power and the resources to spy on individual citizens and worry about them getting it on! yes they may have been caught spying on some high profile government officials and the media, but that still isn't average Joe Blow citizen being spied on.

that is nothing more than a conspiracy theory at best and paranoid thinking. at the same level as the JFK Assassination conspiracy, the Nasa Conspiracy and Area 51 conspiracy.

next you will be trying to convince us there are little green men in Roswell!

if you are so worried about people spying on you, then maybe you need to seriously be careful of what you say online.
It's not like they have to have a person make a list of gun owners. It would be simple to do the same way they look for email from terrorists, by keyword. They could make a list by the sites you visit. People don't visit buds gun shop more than a couple times unless you are planning on buying a gun. If you use ammoseek often they know you have guns to put the ammo in.

Once they are trying to actually confiscate guns they could use a computer to scan credit card and debit card purchases. Then they would know what caliber your guns are. They might even find that you have purchased a weapon recently. They could figure out where you take target practice by looking for your gas purchases on saturday. We are creatures of habit. We stop at the gas station with good prices and a friendly clerk. We eat at the restaurant with good food and a lot of eye candy.

Apparently there are little green men in Roswell.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Last edited by John_Deer; 12-02-2013 at 12:11 AM.

Old 12-02-2013, 12:08 AM   #38
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
It's not like they have to have a person make a list of gun owners. It would be simple to do the same way they look for email from terrorists, by keyword. They could make a list by the sites you visit. People don't visit buds gun shop more than a couple times unless you are planning on buying a gun. If you use ammoseek often they know you have guns to put the ammo in.

Apparently there are little green men in Roswell.
that may all be well and true but hardly accurate. what about the 12 year old kid who visits Bud's Gun shop several times a day? i am sure that 12 yo kid is buying up massive amounts of firearms. so it may be true to some extent, but hardly acurate.

Old 12-02-2013, 06:27 AM   #39

Liked 203 Times on 140 Posts
Likes Given: 347

Quote:
That is OK I will stay in NC. My ancestors had to make whiskey to get through the winter. I am not moving to Alaska to punt my family back to the 1920's. Alaska sounds like a great destination for mad New Yorkers. They will teach you all how to make apples into cider instead of PJ.
We grow the apples to feed the moose!

You have to LIVE, DIE, and PAY TAXES, and pay for what you do between your LIVING and your DYING!