Turn in your rifles and shotguns in NYC - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Turn in your rifles and shotguns in NYC


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2013, 12:34 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TimL2952's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lockport,New York
Posts: 1,354
Liked 194 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 316

Default

the 5 round limit only applies to detachable box magazines.
TimL2952 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:38 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TimL2952's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lockport,New York
Posts: 1,354
Liked 194 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 316

Default

I wish people would give NY a break...They always cry, you shouldn't have elected those people!....Do you think gun owning New Yorkers willingly voted in people that would take their guns? NO! they're extremely outnumbered and have no chance at electing people that support their rights. I can vote Red all day, but it's a blue state (at least population wise)

I'm from Niagara County..Red and pretty conservative, just like most of the state..but look at the map and right around metropolitan areas, it's as blue as it gets. Buffalo, Albany, Rochester, Syracuse, and NYC.

I go to school in Missouri and I like it here a lot...I may even stay here..but it's hard leaving home even if you hate the people running your state into the ground.

I say make NYC and other cities over a certain population level their own districts, like D.C.
TimL2952 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:08 AM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,624
Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
i'm sorry, but unless you can provide proof of those comments, that is nothing more than a conspiracy theory at best.
http://www.ibtimes.com/google-warns-government-watching-us-whos-watching-google-882570

http://www.wnd.com/2009/08/107086/

http://www.alternet.org/story/155764/6_government_surveillance_programs_designed_to_wat ch_what_you_do_online

You can use google to find page after page of similar articles. Wired magazine warned us about the prism program a couple years ago. We have a US citizen hiding in Russia for exposing the NSA. The NSA was caught spying on the german chancellor. The NSA was busted for spying on media outlets and reporters. I guess when the NSA sends pictures of you getting it on, you will believe they are spying on us.
John_Deer is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:44 AM   #24
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
WebleyFosbery38's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Irish Settlement CNY
Posts: 7,490
Liked 8231 Times on 4240 Posts
Likes Given: 9476

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL View Post
There may be some fine New Yorkers that are Constitution Loving, Red Blooded Americans that would be welcome in our states.

For the others, they can send us their guns. We think they suck, but would welcome their guns
Those of us that would be welcome are standing our ground upstate, very few of us live in the city with no pity. The highest percentage of those escaping are truly the ones you dont want in your states! Most are overly educated twits that cant get work in NY and they are bringing their educated selves to your states to help enlighten yall!

This story is about a socialist city dictatorship within a trapped free state, one cities population that is large enough to control what would be considered a small country. They were the ones who brought the safe act to life for the entire state and it didnt go nearly far enough for them. I guess they should be scared of all guns, even their LEO's use the Gang Spray and pray method of crime prevention!

I really dont care what a big city government does to their voters, most people from the other 49 states that travel regularly have seen the big city of NY more than I ever care to or will living only a couple hours away. They need to keep their ideas within the city limits! Anything that smells like confiscation upstate will be met with more than Bah's, were not the sheep, were the farmers!
WebleyFosbery38 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:17 PM   #25
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
7point62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Decisive Terrain
Posts: 2,151
Liked 1519 Times on 764 Posts
Likes Given: 1163

Default

If you've ever filled out one of these you can be located. These forms by law are retained for 20 years.

http://www.atf.gov/files/forms/download/atf-f-4473-1.pdf

And as far as the NSA goes, they have the capability to monitor the "private" i-phone/Blackberry etc communications of foreign heads-of-state...they can easily use that capability on private individuals but would they?

From Wikipedia


... "In August 2013 it was revealed that NSA intelligence intercepts and wiretaps, both foreign and domestic, were being supplied to the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and were illegally used to launch criminal investigations of US citizens. Law enforcement agents were directed to conceal how the investigations began and recreate an apparently legal investigative trail by re-obtaining the same evidence by other means..."
__________________
Hijo de mala leche

Last edited by 7point62; 12-01-2013 at 12:24 PM.
7point62 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:45 PM   #26
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
WebleyFosbery38's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Irish Settlement CNY
Posts: 7,490
Liked 8231 Times on 4240 Posts
Likes Given: 9476

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7point62 View Post
If you've ever filled out one of these you can be located. These forms by law are retained for 20 years.

http://www.atf.gov/files/forms/download/atf-f-4473-1.pdf

And as far as the NSA goes, they have the capability to monitor the "private" i-phone/Blackberry etc communications of foreign heads-of-state...and if necessary they could easily use that capability on private individuals.
Im one of those lucky guys that has never filled out a single form to buy anything related to firearms. Ive rarely even spoken of any weapons I may or may never have owned to others including this Forum purposely! My archaic collection (If they hadnt been all lost in a tragic boating accident) is not yet illegal in the commie state of NY and not a single one of them has a single "Military Feature", (Im sure the thousands of dead critters that died as a result of my "safe guns" over the century they were created rest better knowing that).

lastly, while it would be easy to figure out which homes contain firearms in Upstate NY (about 3/4's of them outside of the few scattered cities), it would be hazardous to anyone collecting them's health to try. Our single votes may not be big enough to counter the Rotten Apples but you would literally need an Army to try to confiscate guns upstate. Since most of the National Guard and Reserves are from Upstate, trying to use them wouldn't work either, were part of the 3/4's of the state that owns them!

I think Coumo has pushed a bit too far with the Safe Act, we do not have a State Mindset on Gun Control, were not helpless prisoners in upstate and we do not agree at all with the idea that a single cities regional concerns should influence our entire state's citizens Rights. There wont be any more legislation of this type coming down statewide, if anything, you will see it going back the other direction. We will take our state back and they can keep the wormy apple and all its crazy laws for themselves!

As a proud Upstate citizen of the real state of NY, Ive pissed in NY Cities Water Supply more than once! Just sayin...
WebleyFosbery38 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
wittmeba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: The state for Lovers
Posts: 1,097
Liked 576 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
Sure they do, but do they know how many? Each of my BIL's has a ccp and enough handguns to weigh down a decent horse. I know they keep them in more than one place as well. Confiscation would not be simple. One of the two has enough law enforcement connections to know it was coming; the other lives in a very easily defended location.

We have enough firearms off paper to feel secure.
I would think that regardless of how many, if they were purchased thru a FFL there will be documentation. I don't think the LE will walk away because someone tries to make it difficult to confiscate their weapon(s) simply by indicating I don't have it/them anymore. They will ask where they went with details.

If they are non-papered it will make the process more difficult but this is their job and I'm sure they won't give up easily.

It is a shame to see it happen - it is like a cancer and will just keep spreading.
__________________
NRA Member - Over 5,000,000 strong!
Criminals don't discriminate. They will attack anywhere!

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!
wittmeba is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:36 PM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,624
Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Im one of those lucky guys that has never filled out a single form to buy anything related to firearms. Ive rarely even spoken of any weapons I may or may never have owned to others including this Forum purposely! My archaic collection (If they hadnt been all lost in a tragic boating accident) is not yet illegal in the commie state of NY and not a single one of them has a single "Military Feature", (Im sure the thousands of dead critters that died as a result of my "safe guns" over the century they were created rest better knowing that).

lastly, while it would be easy to figure out which homes contain firearms in Upstate NY (about 3/4's of them outside of the few scattered cities), it would be hazardous to anyone collecting them's health to try. Our single votes may not be big enough to counter the Rotten Apples but you would literally need an Army to try to confiscate guns upstate. Since most of the National Guard and Reserves are from Upstate, trying to use them wouldn't work either, were part of the 3/4's of the state that owns them!

I think Coumo has pushed a bit too far with the Safe Act, we do not have a State Mindset on Gun Control, were not helpless prisoners in upstate and we do not agree at all with the idea that a single cities regional concerns should influence our entire state's citizens Rights. There wont be any more legislation of this type coming down statewide, if anything, you will see it going back the other direction. We will take our state back and they can keep the wormy apple and all its crazy laws for themselves!

As a proud Upstate citizen of the real state of NY, Ive pissed in NY Cities Water Supply more than once! Just sayin...
A blind man can see that Cuomo went to far when he called all the sheriffs to Albany. The sheriffs thought they were being summoned to Albany for their input on making the SAFE act constitutional and enforceable. Instead they were told to shut up or Cuomo would use an archaic law to have them removed from office.
John_Deer is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:26 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Free State of Winston, AL
Posts: 3,536
Liked 2344 Times on 1394 Posts
Likes Given: 1278

Default

The bottom line here is WE allowed this to happen!!!
ALL ten amendments (the Bill of Rights) pertain to INDIVIDUAL rights and thus the states, counties, and cities have no jurisdiction to pass ANY laws which limit or restrict these rights. WE have placed to much trust in our government for several decades and now we are paying a big price for this trust. And people say 'trust' is at an all time low, GO FIGURE!
__________________
An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!
JimRau is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #30
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
WebleyFosbery38's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Irish Settlement CNY
Posts: 7,490
Liked 8231 Times on 4240 Posts
Likes Given: 9476

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
A blind man can see that Cuomo went to far when he called all the sheriffs to Albany. The sheriffs thought they were being summoned to Albany for their input on making the SAFE act constitutional and enforceable. Instead they were told to shut up or Cuomo would use an archaic law to have them removed from office.
What Coumo and most non Upstate-rs dont understand is the Sheriff isnt in control of the County and many arent even from Law Enforcement Backgrounds at all. The County Executive is in charge of the County and they have the bigger picture to deal with not just a tin star and a direct dependency on Albany Lawmakers and The State Police Force for approval.

Most dont have any major cities of large population in their counties so Rural is the norm. We dont have 1/100th of the LEO presence per mile to act as a deterrent or enforcers as Albany or NYC. Sheriffs here transport prisoners and take care of the county lockup, they fill their time in with a few tickets here and there, District not County State Troopers are the real longarm of the state law Upstate.

95% of County Executives in New York State have demanded in writing the complete repeal of the "Safe Act". They have the support of the voters on that one and they dont make their livings sitting in Albany Boardrooms, they are directly accountable to their vast districts and they know it.

Coumo can threaten a bunch of Public Servants and their situational bosses but their presence isnt that influential to begin with. If the Sheriffs dont stand up for their citizens rights, they will be tossed next election even with Andys seal of approval.
WebleyFosbery38 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Remington - NBC will soon air a report most popular Shotguns & Rifles Bigcountry02 Legal and Activism 19 04-13-2012 04:49 PM
What Rifles/shotguns do you own, what is your favorite? 94browninghunt General Rifle Discussion 23 12-07-2011 05:50 PM
my turn to ask for help rigjumpr Revolver Handguns 2 09-24-2011 08:43 PM
Next gun, soon as I turn. Mr. Bluesky General Handgun Discussion 24 12-09-2009 02:55 AM



Newest Threads