Turn in your rifles and shotguns in NYC - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Turn in your rifles and shotguns in NYC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2013, 03:39 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
Many states require the Registration of gun owners who carry concealed weapons. If your state law dictates that you must under go state mandated classes and buy a state issued permit with an FBI check you are registered.
With this kind of information any state can become a Chicago or New York.
The form pictured in the article cited listed the firearms owned by that person. In MS, that information is not connected to the concealed carry permit (according two the permit holders I am related to).

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 11-30-2013, 04:30 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1866 Times on 1279 Posts
Likes Given: 690

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
The form pictured in the article cited listed the firearms owned by that person. In MS, that information is not connected to the concealed carry permit (according two the permit holders I am related to).
If you are concealed carry permit holder the state knows you own a gun. That is all the state needs to know. If the state decides to confiscate firearms your permit will be revoked and an officer/s will be knocking on your door. Lets be honest with ourselves, the state and federal government know who has a firearm. If you have bought a hunting license, had a carry permit, took a hunter safety course they know you have a gun. There are a lot of other methods that I missed to figure out who has a gun. They might not know what kind of gun but they know who has a gun.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

wittmeba Likes This 
Old 11-30-2013, 04:37 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1245 Times on 609 Posts
Likes Given: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
If you are concealed carry permit holder the state knows you own a gun. That is all the state needs to know. If the state decides to confiscate firearms your permit will be revoked and an officer/s will be knocking on your door. Lets be honest with ourselves, the state and federal government know who has a firearm. If you have bought a hunting license, had a carry permit, took a hunter safety course they know you have a gun. There are a lot of other methods that I missed to figure out who has a gun. They might not know what kind of gun but they know who has a gun.
Probably true, and with the form filled out with the FFL (4473?), which is supposed to be destroyed, (but that would fill out another conspiricy theory post) there is a reasonable assumption that your gun store purchases are listed someplace. As long as your state is red, that might not be a problem. However, it will always be an opportunity for some "common sense" confiscations to the Libs.

A good reason to have some private transfers while they are still legal.

Another point is if it goes Federal, it won't be the local LEOs coming, it will be the National Guard or Homeland Security. With far more firepower and equipment then you will be able to defend against.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

Old 11-30-2013, 04:38 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer

Sure they do, but do they know how many? Each of my BIL's has a ccp and enough handguns to weigh down a decent horse. I know they keep them in more than one place as well. Confiscation would not be simple. One of the two has enough law enforcement connections to know it was coming; the other lives in a very easily defended location.

We have enough firearms off paper to feel secure.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 11-30-2013, 10:44 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Sure they do, but do they know how many? Each of my BIL's has a ccp and enough handguns to weigh down a decent horse. I know they keep them in more than one place as well. Confiscation would not be simple. One of the two has enough law enforcement connections to know it was coming; the other lives in a very easily defended location.

We have enough firearms off paper to feel secure.
You mean you had enough firearms off paper to be secure. We all know about the NSA. Hell, Google saves snapshots of every page on the net. What do you think the fed is doing? Don't admit to anything online, even if it is legal right now.

wittmeba Likes This 
Old 11-30-2013, 10:51 PM   #16

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Many states require the Registration of gun owners ..... With this kind of information any state can become a Chicago or New York.
Canada requires registration of gun owners. I have a licence.

As it turns out, I sold most of my guns last week to a "Fred" something from Hobbema. He paid cash.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Old 11-30-2013, 10:53 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat View Post
Probably true, and with the form filled out with the FFL (4473?), which is supposed to be destroyed, (but that would fill out another conspiricy theory post) there is a reasonable assumption that your gun store purchases are listed someplace. As long as your state is red, that might not be a problem. However, it will always be an opportunity for some "common sense" confiscations to the Libs.

A good reason to have some private transfers while they are still legal.

Another point is if it goes Federal, it won't be the local LEOs coming, it will be the National Guard or Homeland Security. With far more firepower and equipment then you will be able to defend against.

It depends on who is willing to just accept the fed having a standing army in their neighborhood. When the Russians invaded Afghanistan the Afghans didn't have much more than rocks. 20 years later one of the best trained and equipped armies in the world was standing around scratching their head wondering what to do next.

Old 11-30-2013, 10:54 PM   #18
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21723 Times on 12313 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
You mean you had enough firearms off paper to be secure. We all know about the NSA. Hell, Google saves snapshots of every page on the net. What do you think the fed is doing? Don't admit to anything online, even if it is legal right now.
i'm sorry, but unless you can provide proof of those comments, that is nothing more than a conspiracy theory at best.

Old 11-30-2013, 11:21 PM   #19
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2129 Times on 1168 Posts
Likes Given: 635

I still say NYC needs to become a city state and be divorced from the rest of the state. Build a wall around it and require passports and visas to get out. Let them wallow in their own mess. I know a lot of New York State Citizens would agree.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am not older than dirt but the rocks were bigger and there were more of them when I was a kid.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-30-2013, 11:33 PM   #20

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

But remember, the antis say that they only want registration of firearms for the protection of everyone and that it will never lead to confiscation here in the good old U. S. of A.

Yeah, sure.