Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   TSA strikes again (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/tsa-strikes-again-52957/)

danf_fl 12-03-2011 09:29 PM

TSA strikes again

A purse design?

Florida teen detained by TSA for design on her purse | The Sideshow - Yahoo! News

rjd3282 12-03-2011 09:39 PM

My brother had to turn over his car key to TSA because it folded and opened like a knife. I guess some people just can't think in a reasonable and logical manner.

partdeux 12-03-2011 09:51 PM

I only fly when I have to anymore :(

trip286 12-03-2011 10:24 PM

Freakin really? Asinine BS. Reminds me of when I was going to Iraq, we took commercial flights to Al Qatar. When I walked through with my SAW at Charlotte, they tried to make me throw my Uncle Henry trapper in the trash, little 3 blade pocket folder like everybody's grandfather used to carry. I had ammo, a machine gun, and a bayonet, but my pocket knife was not allowed.

A kindly grandmother type offered to mail it to my wife so I wouldn't have to trash it.

countryboy 12-04-2011 12:13 AM

I'm stationed in Virginia beach, Norfolk is ridiculous. I won't go through there without being on orders. They hire any retard who can stare at a tv screen. That's about the level of intelligence of the local populace, outside of the military stationed here. They even hassle our guys flying on orders carrying military equipment.

Your story going to Iraq is much like one of mine coming back. For some reason we flew through guam, we left anything that could be considered a weapon on the plane, went inside to a holding area, but were still forced to go through tsa. I told the screener I was a member of a secret terrorist organization named GI JOE.... After Id had to strip my uniform down to socks, pants, and tshirt. I wouldnt fly anywhere if I didn't have to. The world is getting out of control "for your own good".

EXPENDABLE

lonewolf101 12-04-2011 12:30 AM

I wonder what they would do to me I have a 45/70 dummy round on my key chain. probley put me in chains in a dark room.

trip286 12-04-2011 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonewolf101
I wonder what they would do to me I have a 45/70 dummy round on my key chain. probley put me in chains in a dark room.

Yes, they very likely would. The last couple times I flew as a civilian after I left the service, I wore sweats and jogging shorts, t shirt and sweat hoodie, good warm pair if slippers on my feet, and nothing in my pockets but ID, a little cash, ticket, and smokes. I still got strip searched. They are getting completely and totally ridiculous.

dragunovsks 12-04-2011 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286
Freakin really? Asinine BS. Reminds me of when I was going to Iraq, we took commercial flights to Al Qatar. When I walked through with my SAW at Charlotte, they tried to make me throw my Uncle Henry trapper in the trash, little 3 blade pocket folder like everybody's grandfather used to carry. I had ammo, a machine gun, and a bayonet, but my pocket knife was not allowed.

A kindly grandmother type offered to mail it to my wife so I wouldn't have to trash it.

I wouldve loved to see the looks on the faces of the other people in the tsa line to see you go through security with a SAW and ammo....that would be classical. Lol

By the way....thank you for your service and sacrifice. We all appreciate what you guys and girls do.

trip286 12-04-2011 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragunovsks

I wouldve loved to see the looks on the faces of the other people in the tsa line to see you go through security with a SAW and ammo....that would be classical. Lol

By the way....thank you for your service and sacrifice. We all appreciate what you guys and girls do.

Well just to be clear, it wasn't belts of ammo, just a 30 round security mag in my pocket. But they did make me run it all through the x-ray thingy. WTF did they think they would find? A gun? Or explosives cleverly disguised as bullets?

partdeux 12-04-2011 03:20 AM

I will call your teenager with the embroidered purse and raise you a strip searched 85 year old woman
85-Year-Old Grandmother To Sue TSA After Strip Search At JFK Airport | Fox News