Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > TSA to oversee searches at Santa Fe prom

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2011, 06:17 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
You may think it is ok to just say the highest law of the land doesn't apply, but I don't. With out the limits set by the Constitution government would run rampant. Without the constitution, our "elected" officials would pass laws that would affect and regulate EVERY aspect of your life!! They would force you to comply with bullsh!t laws for your own safety. Oh wait, they already do this because the SCOTUS has erroneously sided in favor of more power for the government instead of favoring power to the rights of the people. So when the SCOTUS rules, it doesn't always mean they are right and proper in their rulings.

The fourth clearly states that The people have the RIGHT to be secure in their persons, houses, papers and effects from unreasonable searches of seizures. IMO, any search performed without probable cause is an illegal search. When you are searched just because you want to walk in, I really don't see the probable cause. It isn't about groping, it is and always will be about government overstepping their limits.

Private property and private events are another matter.
I bolded the parts I am responding to

I am not sating the Constitution should not be followed, I am saying it does not apply in some circumstances. As I have said already the SCOTUS has ruled that students can be searched therefore the 4A does not apply. By entering the prom the students and their parents if under 18 are consenting to the search therefore if the 4A did apply it would still be a legal search due to having consent. When someone walks up to a security guard preforming searches and waits in line for their turn they are consenting to being searched.

I am not trying to be rude but your opinion on what constitutes an illegal search is just that, your opinion and is worth nothing. This court case is about groping, If these two sisters would not have thought they could get a payday by suing, there would be no publicity on this. While some people may disagree with the SCOTUS it really does not matter, when they rule it becomes law.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:11 PM   #22
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

No disrespect intended, but you seem to be intimating the SCOTUS always adheres to the constitution or rules correctly or even intelligently; it doesn't.

And waiving one's rights is not the same as the government having innate authority to do something.

Old 05-25-2011, 12:47 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
No disrespect intended, but you seem to be intimating the SCOTUS always adheres to the constitution or rules correctly or even intelligently; it doesn't.

I am not saying it does what I am saying is in 1985 they ruled the 4th amendment does not apply to school officials on school grounds or school sponsored events.

And waiving one's rights is not the same as the government having innate authority to do something.

No, but if someone consents to being searched then there is no argument that their rights were being violated.
Both the points I have stated should be enough to stop this argument. No matter what peoples "feelings" or "oppinions" are this has been addressed by SCOTUS.

Old 05-25-2011, 12:49 AM   #24
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
Both the points I have stated should be enough to stop this argument. No matter what peoples "feelings" or "oppinions" are this has been addressed by SCOTUS.
The SCOTUS doesn't mean squat to me and it should mean anything to you or anyone else, either.

Quote:
No, but if someone consents to being searched then there is no argument that their rights were being violated.
Either you need a lesson in history or you're a troll.

Old 05-25-2011, 01:08 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
The SCOTUS doesn't mean squat to me and it should mean anything to you or anyone else, either.

Either you need a lesson in history or you're a troll.
Are you serious? I am not even going to address your SCOTUS comment. As far as the consent goes if someone consents to a search and voluntarily gets search it is not a violation of any right. That is like saying if someone decides to be a mime there 1A rights are being violated. Do you not think it is strange that this happens all over the country every day, and no one is complaining? The original topic was about two sisters who decided to say they were groped (the search they described is standard) in an attempt to sue.

Come on people no one is forcing them to be searched they are voluntarily going to a place where they know they will be searched. They then voluntarily stand in line waiting to be searched. They then voluntarily get searched. As I have said before if someone consents to a search it is not a violation of the 4A.

Old 05-25-2011, 02:09 AM   #26

Giving consent or being forcibly subjected to a search does not mean "playtime" with the breasts and therein lies the "violation." As far as SCOTUS is concerned, after the Kelo V. City of New London,CT is there any need to revere that institution?

NRA Member
Sustaining Member Southern Poverty Law Center
"Lighten Up Francis"
Semper gero sub gero

Old 05-25-2011, 02:26 AM   #27

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by 556plinker View Post
As far as SCOTUS is concerned, after the Kelo V. City of New London,CT is there any need to revere that institution?
Nope, just politically appointed goons to me

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 05-25-2011, 03:51 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 556plinker View Post
Giving consent or being forcibly subjected to a search does not mean "playtime" with the breasts and therein lies the "violation." As far as SCOTUS is concerned, after the Kelo V. City of New London,CT is there any need to revere that institution?
The "victim" here described the search as a standard female search. Thumb between breasts, pull bra away from body and gently shake. I would not call that "playtime" considering it is the standard for searching. Is it a little overboard for an entry search, of course it is, but that does not make it a "violation".

Old 05-25-2011, 07:15 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
That is like saying if someone decides to be a mime there 1A rights are being violated.
Your lack of understanding for the mime cause is very disheartening, or as their national chairman says " ".

Dead Bears, the only good kind.