Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   TSA to oversee searches at Santa Fe prom (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/tsa-oversee-searches-santa-fe-prom-42840/)

Bigcountry02 05-22-2011 04:24 AM

TSA to oversee searches at Santa Fe prom

I was thinking this is a joke! Then it is a local news station reporting it.

Welkome to Amerika. The NEW Nazi. All to program the people to accept this violation of our 4th Amendment and to have this searches everywhere! :mad:

TSA to oversee searches at Santa Fe prom | KOB.com

CA357 05-22-2011 04:53 AM

UNbefreakinglievable!

Jared 05-22-2011 06:06 AM

whats the problem? Its a TSA cetertfied person not the actual TSA.

c3shooter 05-22-2011 06:29 AM

Funny- I know I live in a backwoods, country hick sort of place- guess we are just missing out on all the advantages of living in the city. We don't HAVE metal detectors or ANYBODY searching students on a daily basis, OR at the prom. Misbehave, and you have the Coach to deal with- and the kids know that.

Lawsuit, hell! You would not LIVE long enough to be sued if you did that crap here- groping the kids, I mean.

What I really want to know is when did the the REST of the country go insane?

BikerRN 05-22-2011 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 509566)

What I really want to know is when the the REST of the country go insane?

When we gave up freedom for a little security and now we have niether.

Biker

bkt 05-22-2011 01:45 PM

Unacceptable.

If kids are so out of control they cannot and will not behave themselves, they and their parents have failed. If adults are too stupid to meet this issue any other way than by employing goons who grope and look through personal belongings, they have failed. One wonders if these people who are incapable of governing themselves can be governed any other way than by force.

As c3shooter says, real America is away from the big cities.

gregs887 05-23-2011 12:45 AM

And little step by little step we are closer to a police state.

Bigcountry02 05-23-2011 02:23 AM

Jared, Once you start handing over your freedoms, they do not come back. More you give and the more they will take.

Update to the prom:

Mostly, checking for illegal, i.e. contents of handbag, etc.

No TSA Agents At Prom Despite Court Ruling

Gutierrez said instead of TSA agents, the court is allowing Santa Fe High School to use state police for the prom.

No TSA Agents At Prom Despite Court Ruling - Albuquerque News Story - KOAT Albuquerque

Jared 05-23-2011 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 (Post 509998)
Jared, Once you start handing over your freedoms, they do not come back. More you give and the more they will take.

Update to the prom:

Mostly, checking for illegal, i.e. contents of handbag, etc.

No TSA Agents At Prom Despite Court Ruling

Gutierrez said instead of TSA agents, the court is allowing Santa Fe High School to use state police for the prom.

No TSA Agents At Prom Despite Court Ruling - Albuquerque News Story - KOAT Albuquerque

Freedoms? I think you may be confused on what "freedoms" are. Going to a prom is not a freedom. A lot of people get "freedoms" and privileges confused.

bkt 05-23-2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jared (Post 510036)
Freedoms? I think you may be confused on what "freedoms" are. Going to a prom is not a freedom. A lot of people get "freedoms" and privileges confused.

A lot of people also confuse power and rights. Our rights are not enumerated but the specific powers of government agents are.

No one has the right to demand a prom or to go to one. But assuming an invitation has been extended, those who have been invited have a legitimate expectation their 4A right to privacy will not be violated without probable cause.

Due process is a concept that is lost on an awful lot of Americans these days.