The TSA- Mission Creep.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > The TSA- Mission Creep.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2011, 08:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Default The TSA- Mission Creep.

Mission Creep: This Tennessee Highway Is Now Patrolled by TSA - Conor Friedersdorf - National - The Atlantic

So the TSA was going to set up "checkpoints" across Tennessee,and by all accounts it was going to do so on a PERMANENT basis.

BUT because of the backlash of negative blog comments,they said PSYCH!

Is The TSA Screening Drivers In Tennessee? Not Anymore

And now they claim that it was never their intention of staying in Tennessee permanently,but that its part of their random,mobile "VIPR" (oooh what a SCARY acronym,right out of Saturday morning cartoons) program.

TSA believes that in order to "keep your children safe" from the "evil (fill in the blank)",you must accept random violations of the 4th amendment like this one:

Prison Planet.com » DHS Announces Halloween Checkpoints In Tennessee To Keep Children Safe

I don't know about YOU,but there is something about a government that would intentionally "let walk" thousands of guns across our border and into the hands of organized narco terrorists,in order to claim legitimacy to advance its anti-2A agenda and raise its stupid "assault weapons ban" up from the grave yard of failed policy,something about a government that has a consistent record of intentionally creating problems in which the "solution" is more power for itself at the expense of OUR LIBERTY,that I don't trust,especially when they want to "keep the children safe".

Seriously,would you trust a group of thugs who's resume includes gun running and groping strangers around YOUR kids?

Far from needing government to keep our children safe from whatever evil menace it can scare suburban housewives with,we really need to keep our children's freedom safe from the government that wants to destroy the legacy of liberty that we SHOULD be handing down to them from our Founders.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-Benjamin Franklin
"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Last edited by KalashnikovJosh; 10-28-2011 at 08:14 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-28-2011, 08:20 PM   #2

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I was looking forward to seeing how those ole boys put up with it. Especially the ones somewhere between Nashville and Knoxville.

Some of them apparently adopted the new USMC motto: No better friend, no worse enemy.

They'll give you the shirt off their back if you treat them right, and if you don't, you might just disappear. At least that's been my experience.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:34 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

The article indicated the TN Highway Patrol officers were doing the actual inspecting; i don't know how many people (even the ever-more-policed truck drivers) would pull over for just the TSA.

They can kiss the fattest part of my ass.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:54 PM   #4

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

4 more years???

The TSA;

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 10-28-2011, 08:57 PM   #5

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

So he's going to fund my next handgun purchase? Schweet!!!

Looks to me like he's been busy taking security away from the civilians instead.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:37 PM   #6

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 32

...wow...things must have changed since I had little guys during Halloween. My kids went with an adult, up and down our neighborhood streets. I never once remember them going trick-or-treat on the highways!!! At least one adult was armed, and I don't need the likes of the TSA or DHS or any other agency safe guarding my kids during trick-or-treat....I am fully capable of handling that myself.

They keep reaching out, probing, trying things out......it does appear they are scrambling for more civil power and control....

Old 10-28-2011, 10:01 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2740 Times on 1435 Posts
Likes Given: 231

As soon as you quote Prison Planet or any other Alex Jones front group, you lose almost all credability with me. I know Alex Jones. He is a little bit insane and a huge helping of hype. Mostly Bull Sh!t.

WTS, about 5-10% of his "stuff" is real. Somewhere in the back of his stories is a shred of truth. He just takes it to the nth degree. If TSA dog handlers were assisting the THP with truck checks, then suddenly there is a vast conspiracy? Maybe a couple of dogs needed more search time to get certified? That makes Alex Jones day. That is perfect for him. Suddenly TSA dogs are sniffing your grandma's crotch for drugs in her home in Boca.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 10-28-2011, 10:54 PM   #8
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

anyone ever notice the very Nazi-ish "sobriety check points"!?!?

Now i am all for safe driving conditions, but having to pass thru a "check point" in a supposedly free nation bothers the hell out of me. But every one loves the idea because its "in the name of safety" so its ok to give up a freedom.

Incrementalism kiddies, incrementalism! They take your (OUR) rights a piece at a time. First check points, then the patriot act...if i took the time, i am sure i could come up with more examples.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 10-28-2011, 10:56 PM   #9
fmj

AHH yes, heres two more that just popped intomy head....

Knockless searches in the name of the "Drug War".

Here, its now law, you cannot forcibly resist illegal searches of your home in the name "LEO safety".

Old 10-28-2011, 10:57 PM   #10
fmj

Admit it folks, you no longer live in a free state....you live in a police state and it gets a little worse every year.