Trying for universal reciprocity laws
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Trying for universal reciprocity laws

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2014, 11:47 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 576 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Default Trying for universal reciprocity laws

Concealed Carry reciprocity back in Congress.

Wouldn't this be nice.

Quote:
Mr. Cornyn - “There’s some scaremongering going on out there, but it’s pretty straightforward,” he said. “It’s like a driver’s license. It doesn’t trump state laws. Say you have a carry permit in Texas; then you use it in another state that has a concealed-carry law.”
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jan/15/concealed-carry-gun-reciprocity-2014-bill-senate/

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-17-2014, 01:49 AM   #2

Liked 65 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 2

why waste the time and money if congress passes it, theirs a snow balls chance in hell it will make it pass the senate and no way in hell oboma will sing it into law

Old 01-17-2014, 01:50 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3733 Times on 2287 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

They've tried so many times in the past.

I'll not hold onto hope until both houses are controlled by right-leaning people. Probably a president too.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:54 AM   #4
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 3370 Times on 2036 Posts
Likes Given: 3190

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertusa123 View Post
why waste the time and money if congress passes it, theirs a snow balls chance in hell it will make it pass the senate and no way in hell oboma will sing it into law
The purpose is to keep the issue open. Besides, if we keep them talking about this issue, there's that much less time for them to produce a bigger raft load of BS laws.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.
People Like This 
Old 01-17-2014, 02:03 AM   #5

Liked 2183 Times on 1196 Posts
Likes Given: 1403

The anti-gun crowd will not let up. They keep bringing up the same laws that fail. But they never give up. We must not either.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
People Like This 
Old 01-17-2014, 02:21 AM   #6

Liked 4797 Times on 2683 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The Blue states and cities would keep this tied up in court for ever. It would make more sense to create a more uniform and protected right of passage and safe travel. The Interstate Commerce Clause is violated every day in states with arcane firearms regulations. Gun owners who are engaged in a "Peaceful Journey" should not have their rights denied because they cross an imaginary line.
People Like This 
Old 01-17-2014, 02:25 AM   #7

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
The Blue states and cities would keep this tied up in court for ever. It would make more sense to create a more uniform and protected right of passage and safe travel. The Interstate Commerce Clause is violated every day in states with arcane firearms regulations. Gun owners who are engaged in a "Peaceful Journey" should not have their rights denied because they cross an imaginary line.
But the courts would be considering something that favors gun owners instead of the BS shooting out of NY and CA.

Edit: The official title of the bill is S. 1908: The Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act. The newspaper article has the bill title wrong. I just looked it up on www.popvox.com.

Last edited by John_Deer; 01-17-2014 at 02:41 AM.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:44 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2922 Times on 1720 Posts

It's a nice thought but in the end it comes down to the states and it won't happen. Nh tried to get it going with ma a few years ago. Massachusetts refused in the end and all that happened is Nh quadrupled the price of their non-resident licenses as a screw you. I would have preferred they didn't try and I'd only have to pay $25 for a license.

better judged by twelve than carried by six.

Old 01-17-2014, 04:28 PM   #9

Liked 576 Times on 341 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
It's a nice thought but in the end it comes down to the states and it won't happen. Nh tried to get it going with ma a few years ago. Massachusetts refused in the end and all that happened is Nh quadrupled the price of their non-resident licenses as a screw you. I would have preferred they didn't try and I'd only have to pay $25 for a license.

better judged by twelve than carried by six.
True and that stunk a lot considering I'm from Rhode island. I have a Utah permit.I used to be able to carry in nh, but last July they changed the law. Now you have to have a permit in your state of residence if you want a nh permit. Seeing as I live in Rhode island, that will never happen. They make it impossible to get a ccw permit in my state. I wonder what the rules for obtaining a universal permit would be.

Old 01-17-2014, 05:15 PM   #10

Liked 4797 Times on 2683 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Retired Federal officers have a universal right to carry. They must go to a law enforcement range each year. In order to get the CCW approved they must pass all shooting qualifications. I personally am not in favor of a universal permitting system. This will remove CCW from the state control and place the Federal government rules over all firearms in Interstate Commerce. Federal Officers are under more restrictions than American civilians.