Truth about violent crimes.
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Truth about violent crimes.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 11:43 PM   #1
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Default Truth about violent crimes.

This should go viral! The only thing i wish he would address is when people try to compare the US stats to the UK stats that he also point out the MASSIVE difference in population. The U.S. has what, more than 3 times more people than the UK.

http://youtu.be/Ooa98FHuaU0

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-04-2013, 12:08 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2146 Times on 1345 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Great post, had to steal it and post it on FB for all my liberal friends to see.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:45 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1359 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 91

Good video. I just posted it on Facebook, where I was recently defriended by three people who decided I was not worth knowing as I was one of those, you know, "gun people."

One of them had her daughters friend and three kids killed by her husband who she said had mental issues. "If he couldn't have gotten a gun she might be still alive!"

My response, which probably caused the defriending, was if she had been armed and able to resist, she might have saved her children's lives. Apparantly I am a a barbarian.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:57 AM   #4

Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Dao: Don't you know??? Guns are only good when people wearing govt or state issued clothing have them. No disrespect meant to any LEO/MIL here.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:32 PM   #5
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocshaman View Post
Great post, had to steal it and post it on FB for all my liberal friends to see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat View Post
Good video. I just posted it on Facebook, where I was recently defriended by three people who decided I was not worth knowing as I was one of those, you know, "gun people."

One of them had her daughters friend and three kids killed by her husband who she said had mental issues. "If he couldn't have gotten a gun she might be still alive!"

My response, which probably caused the defriending, was if she had been armed and able to resist, she might have saved her children's lives. Apparantly I am a a barbarian.
this is exactly what i did. I have had some on going "conversations" with some pretty liberal minded (as well as some "conservatives" that think banning those evil high capacity automatic clips is a good idea) people about gun control of late.

I just thought i would pass it along for others to use in their "conversations". I KNOW MANY are having this "conversation" on spacebook as am i.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2146 Times on 1345 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post

this is exactly what i did. I have had some on going "conversations" with some pretty liberal minded (as well as some "conservatives" that think banning those evil high capacity automatic clips is a good idea) people about gun control of late.

I just thought i would pass it along for others to use in their "conversations". I KNOW MANY are having this "conversation" on spacebook as am i.
I've done the same thing, had some rather drawn out reasonable, rational discussions with those people. The problem is, they don't take reason or rationality into account when stating how they feel. In the end it's a lot like the abortion issue, nobody's mind gets changed at all. Half the time it ends up being a heated argument with some of the more liberal minded folk and no amount of reason is going to soak in. No amount of verifiable statistics will make a difference. It's like talking to a child whose mind is made up and I end up feeling I'm just wasting my time.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:30 PM   #7

Liked 1960 Times on 1032 Posts
Likes Given: 4288

Effin' A FMJ!!! Great find!!!

Only problem is these liberal asshats don't give one wet sh*t about 'violent' crimes...not one.

Doesn't matter to them if a woman is raped...as long as a gun wasn't used, it's okay...

Doesn't matter if the home invader slit the throats of all occupants...as long as a gun wasn't used, it's okay...

They care not for this angle, only the 'gun crimes' themselves, never admitting to the fact that all crimes are inextricably linked together...

They adore their stats, their surveys and their polls and I think we all know how much weight those things actually carry. True unbiased data like this is likely to cause them to bust a spring and they'll hit the 'ignore' button on it in a flash...that cognitive dissonance is a bitch...

Old 01-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #8
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocshaman View Post
I've done the same thing, had some rather drawn out reasonable, rational discussions with those people. The problem is, they don't take reason or rationality into account when stating how they feel. In the end it's a lot like the abortion issue, nobody's mind gets changed at all. Half the time it ends up being a heated argument with some of the more liberal minded folk and no amount of reason is going to soak in. No amount of verifiable statistics will make a difference. It's like talking to a child whose mind is made up and I end up feeling I'm just wasting my time.
I have felt this way many times. But the truth is they will NOT admit, to you or me, that we are right. But when they are lying in bed at night and that little voice int heir head speaks up from the deep dark places...they have nowhere to hide form the truth.

We just have to lay the TRUTH, the FACTS on 'em thick without being condescending. Ask open ended questions and remain level headed and reasoned and trust that the truth will eventually win out.

I have had MANY debates in person with anti gunners...it takes some time but EVENTUALLY you start to break down the thick walls of propoganda they base their existence on. Its tough for them you are kicked the pedestal they have based their entire life on out from under them....be understanding. once those walls, that pedestal crumbles...then invite them to the range....once the go to the range and start shooting their fate is sealed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
Effin' A FMJ!!! Great find!!!

Only problem is these liberal asshats don't give one wet sh*t about 'violent' crimes...not one.

Doesn't matter to them if a woman is raped...as long as a gun wasn't used, it's okay...

Doesn't matter if the home invader slit the throats of all occupants...as long as a gun wasn't used, it's okay...

They care not for this angle, only the 'gun crimes' themselves, never admitting to the fact that all crimes are inextricably linked together...

They adore their stats, their surveys and their polls and I think we all know how much weight those things actually carry. True unbiased data like this is likely to cause them to bust a spring and they'll hit the 'ignore' button on it in a flash...that cognitive dissonance is a bitch...
True enough man...but we cant stop hammering them with the facts...because, as we know, the FBI just released the FACTS that hammers and clubs kill more people in a year than firearms.

vincent Likes This