Transporting Shotgun with Pistol Grip - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Transporting Shotgun with Pistol Grip

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2010, 11:42 PM   #21
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1180 Times on 679 Posts
Likes Given: 571

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan0626 View Post
Dont quote me, but I could have sworn reading that it was against federal law to have a weapon in a big rig. Even if you have a ccw and get pulled over in your state of residence.
Being a truck driver for most of my life,and having heard this from different sources over the years,I have searched the Federal D.O.T rules for years and the only thing that a trucker is prohibited from carrying in the truck is Alcohol.
It isn't against Federal law to carry a firearm in a truck,but it can be illegal to carry one in some states,even with a CHL.

Most trucking companies do have policies that prohibit the drivers from carrying a firearm,but it isn't a Federal law.

Just last week we had a driver get fired for having a pistol in his truck.He was trying to sell it,and another driver called in on him for having it.
Our Operations Mgr is an Ex-Tx.state trooper.He called the county sheriff and had them pull the driver over,and then the OP Mgr came out and searched the truck and found the gun.
The driver was fired on the spot,but he wasn't arrested because there isn't any laws being broke for having the gun in the truck in this state.
Texas has the Castle Doctrine,that allows you to carry a firearm in your vehicle without having a CHL.

Old 11-03-2010, 11:24 PM   #22

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
Our Operations Mgr is an Ex-Tx.state trooper.He called the county sheriff and had them pull the driver over,and then the OP Mgr came out and searched the truck and found the gun.

The driver was fired on the spot,but he wasn't arrested because there isn't any laws being broke for having the gun in the truck in this state.
Your boss can call a police officer friend to find an employee, pull him over, and then search his vehicle for a gun he legally might have in said vehicle? Just to enforce a company policy?

That's pretty unusual police behaviour, isn't it?

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:31 PM   #23

This might help some. http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/travel.php My thoughts would be that once he pulls over to rest, the truck would become his temporary residence. He could then have it loaded. I'm still not a lawyer so try and ask one.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:33 PM   #24

Sorry guys for reviving this dead horse.