Too sensitive of a nation
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Too sensitive of a nation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 01:56 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Angry Too sensitive of a nation

America has become way to sensitive to what only forty years ago would have
been just routine! When I was fourteen myself and some of my friends would
walk through the neighborhood with out 22 rifles and shotguns on our way to
hunt out in the woods. Today there would be all kinds of police surrounding us
with guns pointed our way. While government and others put their attention
on what isn't a threat they have let in our country many illegals who are from
the middle east and Mexico who commit crimes against us.
Because of this misdirection of priorities many groups of terrorist are hidden
throughout our country just waiting for the word to strike. Our military is so stretched thin while our law enforcement is being cut down in size that it will
be up the the armed citizens to fight when this war on our turf begins. Those
who are unarmed will definitely be victims. I see this coming and its not a matter if but when this takes place. We the people better take back control
and turn this country around fast. I served in our military only to see years
later our nations business's and government betray its people. Look at the mess we're in. I'm sure the generations to be will look with disgust at what
we have left them.

Last edited by canebrake; 06-05-2010 at 06:48 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-05-2010, 06:25 PM   #2

Talking

I agree.

By the way it is, "too"
Thomas Jefferson: "The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes....Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Thomas Jefferson's "Commonplace Book,"

Old 06-05-2010, 06:37 PM   #3

Liked 22 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 15

agreed, and we can mostly thank the democrats for that. Thank goodness NObama is too stupid to go through with anything he promised and all his criminal and illegal constituents have mostly turned on him. maybe with a few good presidents we can turn our nation around in the next decade or two.

Old 06-06-2010, 05:25 PM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default spelling error

I meant to say "with our guns" instead of "with out". I'm sure those reading
realized I made a typing error. Don't forget what day this is: On this day 66
yrs. ago D-Day took place. May we honor that generation and their sacrifice
always and forever.

Old 06-07-2010, 04:41 PM   #5

We need more Gov't ?

1) The Gov't needs to get out of the way. It is making a gobaweful mess of everthing it touches.
2) We the people are trully the last line of defense.

I can relate as a teen I used to carry a rifle around all day. No one had aproblem with this even on others property.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. "
(Benjamin Franklin)

'God made man and woman; Colonel Colt made them equal'." (Ann Coulter)

" Praise The Lord but Polly pass the Ammo"( Unknown)

"The 1st one through the door gets the copper coated candy." ( Andy the gunshop owner from "Dawn of the Dead")

Last edited by WannaGator; 06-07-2010 at 05:11 PM. Reason: One not ON

Old 06-07-2010, 04:55 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3582 Times on 1838 Posts
Likes Given: 399

We used to go duck and goose hunting after school. We would keep our shotguns in the back window rifle racks in the school parking lot. I NEVER got questioned or harassed about it.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:10 PM   #7

Wow Robo!

Today someone would $#^* a brick about that.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. "
(Benjamin Franklin)

'God made man and woman; Colonel Colt made them equal'." (Ann Coulter)

" Praise The Lord but Polly pass the Ammo"( Unknown)

"The 1st one through the door gets the copper coated candy." ( Andy the gunshop owner from "Dawn of the Dead")

Old 06-08-2010, 12:44 AM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Angry a few cave dwellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
We used to go duck and goose hunting after school. We would keep our shotguns in the back window rifle racks in the school parking lot. I NEVER got questioned or harassed about it.
Today we have a few that have never dealt with reality and for the most
part hid under their mothers skirt too long. These same people are the ones
who make a scene out of nothing. Our government are themselves a majority of this type. I couldn't imagine what our grandfathers
would think of the pathetic laws and whining that goes on in our times. In their
time such a person just plain got his/her ass kicked a few times to bring them
into reality. Today many people are idiots. When I was young if you had
a beef with someone you met after school and the two of you fought it out
whereas today someone regardless of age would be facing an assault charge.
We as a people cannot survive with these current methods - hell people are
to scared to take care of business because our government has said you'll
be punished if you fight back yet the government as we now have does nothing to fix a wrong but enforces it. Just take a look at our justice system.
Its looked on as a joke around the rest of the world. As for me I'll take care
of business myself. Its the only way anything will get done right. I will not
worry about the consequences whatsoever!!

Old 06-08-2010, 01:39 AM   #9

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Lots of folks have bought into the "guns are evil" bullcrap line for most of their lives, There will no changing the majority of them.
This country truely needs for folks to read, learn and understand what the Constitution and Bill of Rights mean to us as Americans.
It is realy not nescessary to agree with all of the Rights in the BoR, it is enough to know that if the Government can disregard ANY of the Rights therein, and pass illegal laws restricting or denying those rights, then it can happen to ANY of the Rights we cherish.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-08-2010, 02:36 AM   #10

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

You just don't understand. EVERYTHING IS EVIL! And it hurts peoples feelings. And hurting feelings is bad. I know because I read it on this thing. And you know dang well that things with readings on them are 213% more true than things with no readings on them. The only part I can't get figgert out is if I'm hurting someone's feelings but not doing so hurts my feelings. Does that mean they are not being politically correct? Well, I guess because everything is evil it don't matter. What we need to do is get rid of everything evil and we will all get along like those guys at hte end of a Star Trek show. They get along and get to kiss a green girl. And I've been hearing for years we need to all be going green.