Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Today's senate committee hearing on gun control legislation

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 08:55 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

No Roc, its now gone beyond that. Because some folks have not bothered to internalize and process the difference between a standard b/g check and government regulation/registration/universal background checks....

I am now a liberal.
I support Joe Biden.
I support gov regulation against gun owners.

LOL. Its unreal how fast stupidity leads to flaming. Hey fellas, this was in FULL support by all the Senators today including all the pro-gun guys! WAAAAAAKE UP.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post
last i checked ALL gun sales via gun show required background checks. regardless if its P2P or D2P just saying. lol
That is 100% false and I bet MANY folks on here could testify to that because they've actually seen it with their own eyes...although some dont wanna admit it. It happens in many states, specially the southern states that are looser on gun laws as it is.

Do some homework before you speak at the adults table please.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:57 PM   #33

Liked 79 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 69

The only time you should need an FFL is whenever you are buying a gun from a FFL holder or shipping a gun to someone else.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:58 PM   #34

Liked 4558 Times on 2204 Posts
Likes Given: 1366

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
"blah blahhhh....government ought to have all these powers to decide how we live or choose to deal with our own circumstances in life"

Are we serious?

How does that broad and emotionally-charged statement have ANYTHING to do with conducting legal gun transfers through an FFL, and not accidentally selling guns to the southside Crips leader at a gun show via private sales?? Did you guys lick some lead paint today?

Future Nobel Prize winners in here....
You know SS... That was pretty rude so I'll leave you with some advice a "wise old fart" once shared with me.

"Son, God gave you TWO ears and ONE mouth for a reason... Listen twice as often as you speak, and your bound to learn something."

Now... Go fetch your Uncle Joe a beer!
Old 03-07-2013, 09:02 PM   #35

I respect my elders sir. Even you Tack, after you tried flaming me as some liberal just because I support a common sense law. Screw Uncle Joe, I hope the women gun owners across America band together and launch a sexist campaign against him for his shotgun comments.

Anyways, it doesnt mean I cant prove you wrong and toss a jab in here and there just as you did. Man, some of you are real piranhas and will cannibalize your own at the first sign of indifference

Nevermind, lets just make all FFL gun sales/transfers optional and do it like they did in the 1920's in a back alley or an old dirt road. Im sure the buyers are all good old boys.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:21 PM   #36
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8425 Times on 3654 Posts
Likes Given: 1300

Gents- I am going to close this thread- with a couple of notes.

First- to ALL of you- keep it civil. If you can't do that. go sit down somewhere and cool off- before I give you a few days to cool off. We are adults- and that does not include name calling.

Second- whether what you posted is factual or not- depends on where you are. Statements such as using a state police check instead of NICS- well, here in VA, we DO use state police. Other states DO NOT.

ALL sales at a gun show require background checks- some states have adopted that. If you are not a FFL holder, in most states there is no mechanism to GET a background check.

You are required to keep paperwork on any gun you buy- some states may have such as requirement- most don't.

I personally have a problem with the guy that sets up a table at every gun show, boxes of new guns- and declares he is a private seller. If you "engage in the business", you are a dealer. Why are these folks NOT being prosecuted? Along with felons in possession, people that lie on a 4473, and people that make deliberate straw man buys?

Let's see someone enforce what is on the books before they start making more laws.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

People Like This 
Closed Thread