Today's senate committee hearing on gun control legislation - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Today's senate committee hearing on gun control legislation

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 08:13 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2143 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound View Post
The enforcement of existing laws, prosecution, punishment and making all gun related crimes which involve injury a federal offense will do much more than a universal background check. 99.99% of gun owners are law abiding and a universal background check won't affect crime, just the ability of legal gun owners to obtain weapons from friends, family and private sellers. Criminals will always be able to find guns without any help from legal sellers. Laws are only as good as the enforcement put upon them. Less than 10% of gun arrests are prosecuted...and those are criminals, not law abiding citizens. Just like an attempt to ban assault weapons will do little to stop gun deaths, but it's a "feel good" law.
You're absolutely right, criminals are going to find a gun on the street if they really want one. They'll buy it from other criminals who see a gap and want to profit from it. Making me or anyone else go through the government because I want to hand my property down to my son will make no difference whatsoever. It will only make criminals out of otherwise law abiding citizens that just don't feel the government needs to stick there nose into every single aspect of our lives. Another freedom gone. It's like a little freedom here, a little freedom there, then one day you wake and guess what? No freedom left period. And we're the ones that allowed it to happen.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:16 PM   #22

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Unbelievable. Am I speaking in Chinese or something?

Wow.....

Well, I think I'm done on here for the day. This feels like groundhog day. Hey Tack, if you people took 60 seconds to read my posts...you will see that NOT ONCE did I mention UBC's or registration.

lol I need a beer.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:30 PM   #23

Liked 4782 Times on 2313 Posts
Likes Given: 1473

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
Unbelievable. Am I speaking in Chinese or something?

Wow.....

Well, I think I'm done on here for the day. This feels like groundhog day. Hey Tack, if you people took 60 seconds to read my posts...you will see that NOT ONCE did I mention UBC's or registration.

lol I need a beer.
SS

Requiring all transfers to go through an FFL is Universal BGC's! Personally, I don't know anyone who would sell a gun on the "street". But I have sold or given guns to close friends and Familly over the years and that's none of the Governments business.

I don't know how old you are but many of us have been engaged in this debate for over 2 decades and we recognize two things... capitulation never works... and NO additional law is going to lower the death rate when our Government has no interest in enforcing current law against criminals.

Every single gun control law ever passed was sold with the intent of protecting Kid's or COP's... Not one of them has ever achieved ^^THIS^^ objective. The only thing they do is ensnare the occasional citizen or dissuade citizens from exercising there Constitutional Rights.

With all that said... It's never surprising to find a handful of "gun guys" supporting bad ideas because they sound "reasonable". Honestly, I think some folks just want to sound like the "smart ones" for going against the grain.

Hopefully, at some point, you wake up and realize that you are exactly the Gun Owner Joe Biden is praising for your "reasonable nature"... And if being praised by Uncle Joe does not set of warning bells... well... I don't know what will.

Tack

Old 03-07-2013, 08:37 PM   #24

GUN TRANSFER = STANDARD STATE POLICE BACKGROUND CHECK.

No ATF involvement.
No "registration"
No NICS.
No worries.

If you think a standard gun purchase or transfer at this point in time is what constitutes a "universal BG check" you sir and severely mis-informed. I'm 30 and understand this process well. If you are an old fart and havent bought a gun in a while.....this is nothing new from what it's always been. When you conduct a standard BG check you are screened by the state police headquarters to check for any current or pending charges....then your paperwork is terminated.

Your paranoia is strong and obvious in your misinformation. And a HUGE lol @ the Biden comment. Nice try. I dont play for Uncle Joe's team pal.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #25

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Hmm...a liberal gun owner.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:41 PM   #26

Hmmm...a guy who didnt graduate 8th grade and struggles to grasp basic concepts between 2 completely different regulations?

My guess is just as mis-informed and dumb as yours....

Old 03-07-2013, 08:42 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Very eloquent Tack as usual. I'm just really fed up with people thinking the government ought to have all these powers to decide how we live or choose to deal with our own circumstances in life. It's not constitutional period! The powers of government are very well spelled out and enumerated. This ain't one of them!

Old 03-07-2013, 08:44 PM   #28

"blah blahhhh....government ought to have all these powers to decide how we live or choose to deal with our own circumstances in life"

Are we serious?

How does that broad and emotionally-charged statement have ANYTHING to do with conducting legal gun transfers through an FFL, and not accidentally selling guns to the southside Crips leader at a gun show via private sales?? Did you guys lick some lead paint today?

Future Nobel Prize winners in here....

Old 03-07-2013, 08:50 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
"blah blahhhh....government ought to have all these powers to decide how we live or choose to deal with our own circumstances in life"

Are we serious?

How does that broad and emotionally-charged statement have ANYTHING to do with conducting legal gun transfers through an FFL?? Did you guys lick some lead paint today?

Just because people around here disagree with you doesn't mean that their opinions are any less important or valid than yours. Because that's all you're stating, an opinion. A passionate one no doubt but one I happen to disagred with which is my right too the last I checked. So why don't you meep the mudslinging to a minimum if you can and remember not everyone is going to agree with you.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1142 Times on 744 Posts
Likes Given: 676

Quote:

Are we serious?

How does that broad and emotionally-charged statement have ANYTHING to do with conducting legal gun transfers through an FFL, and not accidentally selling guns to the southside Crips leader at a gun show via private sales?? Did you guys lick some lead paint today?

last i checked ALL gun sales via gun show required background checks. regardless if its P2P or D2P just saying. lol
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Closed Thread