is time for a new political party? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > is time for a new political party?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2011, 01:41 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Seems to be consensus so far that a new party is not what is needed.

there are other forms of political action groups that can be effective, like groups that just file lawsuits on test cases to get certain laws knocked down as unconstitutional. The NAACP was very effective using lawsuits in getting blacks the right to vote when racists tried to keep it from them.

Additional note: some of you may think the 2nd Amendment gives you a right. But as soon as the government began requiring registration of gun ownership and began picking and choosing who would be allowed to own a gun, the 2A became a privilege, not a right.

A right is something you have and don't have to ask for. You only have it if you are willing to defend it.

One person said they oppose same-sex marriage, but if they are on this forum they want the freedom to own guns. As long as someone does not bother me I don't care if he marries his dog. If we deny personal freedom to others, they will not stand with us to support our demand for gun ownership.

Old 03-17-2011, 02:54 PM   #12

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by prof-milton-fireballs View Post
One person said they oppose same-sex marriage, but if they are on this forum they want the freedom to own guns. As long as someone does not bother me I don't care if he marries his dog. If we deny personal freedom to others, they will not stand with us to support our demand for gun ownership.
There ya have it.

*Thumbs Up*

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 03-17-2011, 03:05 PM   #13

Quote:
Does anyone feel that the political organizations now representing gun lovers are doing a good job?

Do you feel as if you are fighting a losing battle?

Would another organization supporting gun ownership be welcomed? Would it be possible to join forces with other personal freedom groups? Gun rights is not the only personal freedom.

Other personal freedoms the government likes to invade our privacy about include drug taking. (I don't care what you take as long as you don't endanger me.)

Sexual activity: anyone can do anything they want with a consenting adult, as long as they don't bother me.

All these activities give the government the excuse to invade our privacy and legally violate the 4th amendment.

Internet privacy, which governments all over the world are making it harder and harder to get.

Internet censorship-- (like being able to get the working drawings of the WWII British pencil gun online). Which, of course the liberals don't want us to have.

Access to books like those at Delta Press, Paladin, Loompanics...(those that are still around)

If not a new political party, then a new organization to fight for personal freedoms.
I do care about sexual activity.....more importantly, if we have a no holds barred approach to sex, then we have a society that is even more reprobate than it is now.

I care about drugs - more importantly the criminal activity that proceeds from a life of addiction.

I think your viewpoint is pretty extremist. Extremist views are a drain on both parties.

Lifetime NRA Member
Paul Harris Fellow - 3 Diamond Level

Old 03-17-2011, 04:08 PM   #14

Liked 711 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Does anyone feel that the political organizations now representing gun lovers are doing a good job?

Do you feel as if you are fighting a losing battle?

Would another organization supporting gun ownership be welcomed? Would it be possible to join forces with other personal freedom groups? Gun rights is not the only personal freedom.

Other personal freedoms the government likes to invade our privacy about include drug taking. (I don't care what you take as long as you don't endanger me.)

Sexual activity: anyone can do anything they want with a consenting adult, as long as they don't bother me.

All these activities give the government the excuse to invade our privacy and legally violate the 4th amendment.

Internet privacy, which governments all over the world are making it harder and harder to get.

Internet censorship-- (like being able to get the working drawings of the WWII British pencil gun online). Which, of course the liberals don't want us to have.

Access to books like those at Delta Press, Paladin, Loompanics...(those that are still around)

If not a new political party, then a new organization to fight for personal freedoms.
It wouldn’t matter what was done or how many new parties could be put into place. They would all fall in line with the current system in order to prolong and build their own career and desire for more power in that system. Above all else, it would require a change in national mindset by the people and those representing them.
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Just my two cents

Old 03-17-2011, 04:23 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

We threw some bums out last November, but unfortunately, all we did was throw mostly new bums in. Short of a Citizens revolt, I don't know if it will ever change.

Speaker Boehner and the more established Republicans are turning out to be lightweights rather than true conservatives. What really galls me is that he and his are calling out the Tea Party and true conservatives.

I am over my head when it comes to the duplicity of politicians, my naivete has become embarassing. I am rapidly passing the point of debate and getting ready for pitchforks and torches. This cannot stand.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-17-2011, 11:27 PM   #16

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Well, I don't know what category my view is but here it is:

Everyone has to deal with the same laws, taxes, and inconveniences, whether it be muslims, jews, christians, atheists, what have you, we ALL pay taxes, its the first guarantee of life.

If we take one amendment from the Bill of Rights, the whole thing is folly. My view of patriotism is very different than liberals, but I don't care, because unsung sacrifice is what its all about in my mind, serve your country, then yourself. If you do or have, I thank you.

A pertinent point has been brought up, the system has been around too long. Parties besides the Republicans and Democrats have no real power. Now, I like money as much as the next guy, but there is a point where principle must step in and say "These people need (or don't need) this money." Too many backroom deals. But again, banning lobbyists violates all the other principles so we're back to square one.

I hope I am long dead the day I need to fight a revolution (if won) or a civil war (if lost) in America. Global affairs as they are, our politicians will destroy us long before a foreign foe ever gets the chance. We will go the way of Rome, a true defeat as opposed to a more British decline into a comfortable and sustainable place in world affairs.

For the record, British law is terrible, you can't buy a fork unless your eighteen someone find even one stabbing report with a fork and I will be thoroughly impressed with your research skills.

"I only regret I have but one life to lose for my country" Nathan Hale

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Old 03-18-2011, 04:15 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal Urprising View Post
I care about drugs - more importantly the criminal activity that proceeds from a life of addiction.
Most people in prison are there for property crime, i.e., theft, burglary. (I am assuming that robbery is classed as a violent crime, although it is also property crime.)

And most property crime is committed by drug addicts trying to feed their habits. They are not there because of taking drugs.

The answer is obvious: just give them the F'ing drugs! No more taxes to pay for DA's, judges, police processing the majority of people committing crimes. Police services are the lion's share of my home town's budget, maybe your's too. That can be cut by 50-60% just on the local level by just giving addicts their f'ing drugs.

A heroin, morphine, or opium addict really just wants to sit and look at his shoe for 10 hours straight. As long as he does not bother people, let him commit suicide if he wants. He does not commit crimes while on the drug. If a person commits an offense against another person, that is what we should stop. If we criminalize drug taking, then we are empowering and paying a huge government bureaucracy to process an artificial crime.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:35 PM   #18

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

I disagree with the common consensus. The Republican and Democrat party are basically the same in that they are out for themselves and keeping things the same.

For instance, the Democrats were on the ropes for their failures over the past 4 years and many were given their walking papers. This should have been a slam dunk for the Republicans. Hammer home the debt and deficit to start and don't let up until that is settled. But lo and behold, they have backed off of that and are talking about defunding the NPR. Defunding the NPR, REALLY!!! I think it should be defunded but talk about taking your eye off the ball.

I for one am for a third party. The bull about it taking away from the Republicans and wasting a vote is nonsense as they are as bad as the Democrats. We need a prinicpled party that makes their members sign up for a code they will govern by and if they veer from that they should be barred from the party.

The people are getting restless and expect our leaders to take care of our country like they take care of themselves.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:42 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Angry

Another party? Those goofballs barely get anything done as it is; they don't need more excuses to goof off. I vote we streamline the democratical process by making the legislature a more 8-5, no frills, no special events kind of job. Take your arse to work & pass some decent law or GTHO, no more partyin' and chasin the whores!

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:56 AM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Wink

I personally would prefer to BAN all political parties! Make all asperants to political office have to run solely on their merit and their record! Start on the local level, no more rich actors or business millionaires buying into power!
Some positions could be treated like Jury Duty - you are 'selected' from a pool, and serve your year in office while retaining your 'day job'. When your year of duty is over, you go home to your real job.
Also, get rid of all Special Interest Groups, no more 'enfluencing' the political process behind the scenes!
Tighten up the definitionof Federal Powers, and exactly what the Government can do. All but avery small set of duties should be done by the States.

But this is too logical........