Time to end the nfa?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Time to end the nfa?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2014, 09:40 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 9 Posts

Default Time to end the nfa?

I say it is , these laws and the gun control act are the equivalent of a government censor of free speech , in that the gov has said how I may use my right , this goes beyond regulation and into the realm of disarming "undesirables" I only comply to stay out of jail but condemn these freedom crushing "laws" were so content to keep the status quo but haven't launched a real counter attack against the gun grabbers in how long?its time to rise and using elections get some real progun people in office to repeal and replace with laws that make it a felony to disarm any citizen of the us except for criminal suspects and those actively incarcerated . I applaud the NRA for fighting to keep our rights as they are , but it's time to take the fight to the enemy and get these laws removed

liberal idealists wont be satisfied till we all are disarmed ,de-balled ,vegetarian crying commies ,,,,,,,, me 2011

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-18-2014, 10:17 PM   #2

Liked 171 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 223

Thumbs up

I agree 1000%
the National Firearms act is unconstitutional as with pretty much every other firearms law.

"I dont believe in repeat offenders I believe in DEAD offenders!" Ted Nugent.
No Matter Where Ya go There Ya Are

American Plainsmen Society

Society Of Remington Revolver Shooters (SCORRS)

THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT(SHOTS)
NRA
GOA

People Like This 
Old 07-18-2014, 10:29 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1579 Times on 1077 Posts
Likes Given: 544

Good luck with that! In the past 20 years the GOP has had plenty of chances to roll back gun laws and executive orders. Yet, they have done nothing on the national level. The SKS type 56 was banned from import because Bill Ruger didn't want a $50 competitor to his mini 30 that was severely flawed at the time Clinton signed the executive order.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

People Like This 
Old 07-18-2014, 10:31 PM   #4

Liked 982 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 630

It was time to repeal that law in 1935. Probably not going to happen.

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

People Like This 
Old 07-18-2014, 11:31 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1086 Times on 602 Posts
Likes Given: 454

How about we first get a unanimous decision from the Supreme Court that the right to keep and bear arms is an individual right, has nothing to do with the states or militias, except that it is necessary to have an armed militia to protect the state, that the right is protected by the Constitution, and may not be infringed by any local, state, or federal government?

Baby steps.

Old 07-18-2014, 11:38 PM   #6
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

IMO, any and every gun control law, restriction or ban is in direct conflict with the 2nd amendment. also, it's highly unlikely they will ever be repealed or abolished anytime soon.

my views on what it would take to repeal or abolish them would be to vote in at least a 75% sitting Congress and Senate, along with a pro-gun White House administration to ever, on the slightest of chances of doing so. frankly, i don't see that ever happening.

our best defence is supporting and voting for those who are pro-gun into positions to at least keep what we have. we are gaining some ground in some states, but losing in other states. i suspect we will never have the same freedoms of our guns and gun rights we had before 1968, but at least maybe we can preserve what remain, as long as we never give in or compromise any further.

Old 07-19-2014, 12:10 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1931 Times on 1338 Posts
Likes Given: 988

To believe the NFA laws are unconstitutional is a mistake. Good or bad, they are not. Don't believe me? Ask Justice Scalia, or any Justice whose learned opinion you still respect. If you don't give a damn, fine also. WMD's will not be free for all in this Republic. Get over it.

Old 07-19-2014, 12:33 AM   #8

Liked 1447 Times on 878 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512 View Post
How about we first get a unanimous decision from the Supreme Court that the right to keep and bear arms is an individual right, has nothing to do with the states or militias, except that it is necessary to have an armed militia to protect the state, that the right is protected by the Constitution, and may not be infringed by any local, state, or federal government?

Baby steps.
Me thinks someone lives in la la land. Where are you going to drag up nine (or five) justices that want the Americans, all Americans to be able to arm themselves with any weapon that they could afford? Do you think that the people in our society who already despise guns are just going to stand aside for that?

Just assume that you got your way, would you like for your American Muslim neighbor to have a legal Neutron bomb in his garage? Do you want your neighborhood crack gangs to have .50 cals mounted on their trucks? Do you want that homeless guy who talks to himself near the school bus stop to have a Uzi in his pocket? If you want no limits, these are what you are asking for. If you think that there should be some limits, well, that is what you have now. You can't have it both ways.

As long as there is organized society, there will be limits.

Careful what you wish for, if you push too far, there will be push-back. The pendulum swings both ways. It would probably be more likely to repeal 2A. (that too is in the realm of possibility you know) Or five justices could agree that there should be unfettered access to any type firearm that was available in 1776.....and no others.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Last edited by Chainfire; 07-19-2014 at 12:40 AM.

Old 07-19-2014, 12:55 AM   #9

Liked 982 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 630

Quote:
would you like for your American Muslim neighbor to have a legal Neutron bomb in his garage? Do you want your neighborhood crack gangs to have .50 cals mounted on their trucks? Do you want that homeless guy who talks to himself near the school bus stop to have a Uzi in his pocket?
Ummm, don't those people already have that stuff, if they want, because they don't give a rat's ass about any law saying otherwise?

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

People Like This 
Old 07-19-2014, 01:04 AM   #10
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Me thinks someone lives in la la land. Where are you going to drag up nine (or five) justices that want the Americans, all Americans to be able to arm themselves with any weapon that they could afford? Do you think that the people in our society who already despise guns are just going to stand aside for that?

Just assume that you got your way, would you like for your American Muslim neighbor to have a legal Neutron bomb in his garage? Do you want your neighborhood crack gangs to have .50 cals mounted on their trucks? Do you want that homeless guy who talks to himself near the school bus stop to have a Uzi in his pocket? If you want no limits, these are what you are asking for. If you think that there should be some limits, well, that is what you have now. You can't have it both ways.

As long as there is organized society, there will be limits.

Careful what you wish for, if you push too far, there will be push-back. The pendulum swings both ways. It would probably be more likely to repeal 2A. (that too is in the realm of possibility you know) Or five justices could agree that there should be unfettered access to any type firearm that was available in 1776.....and no others.
gotta love when someone wants to bring in the nuclear bomb to the discussion!

can you actually point to where any gun control law has ever actually prevented a criminal act or a criminal from obtaining a firearm?

because if you actually have proof that it has happened, i am sure others like myself would like to see that proof.