Three IN Cops Charged With NFA Violations - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Three IN Cops Charged With NFA Violations

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2011, 09:50 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
Isn't there an additional license one must have to even sell those types? I know that you can't buy one made after 1986 unless you're law enforcement, so, doesn't that also mean that they can't even sell them?
Yes, yes there is... but still our border state gun shops sell things like bazookas, belt feds, autos, claymores, frags, tanks, and Bradley fighting vehicles to the cartels. Just ask the BATF and NBC, they'll tell you all about it.

You do realize I'm being extremely sarcastic right? I'm not trying to be disrespectful, it's just that I've been in a foul mood with the folks in the District of Criminals for a while now.

Old 10-05-2011, 09:53 PM   #22

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Yes, yes there is... but still our border state gun shops sell things like bazookas, belt feds, autos, claymores, frags, tanks, and Bradley fighting vehicles to the cartels. Just ask the BATF and NBC, they'll tell you all about it.

You do realize I'm being extremely sarcastic right? I'm not trying to be disrespectful, it's just that I've been in a foul mood with the folks in the District of Criminals for a while now.
I'm just surprised they haven't tried to pin it on Santa and the Tooth Fairy yet. I have no affection for our government, and haven't for quite some time.

Old 10-06-2011, 03:31 PM   #23

Liked 2551 Times on 1455 Posts
Likes Given: 1981

IMO what is most at issue here is LEOs,

the ATF, and government officials are

ethically bound to hold their conduct

to a higher standard. Instead, they

abuse their station to crap all over us.

The people guilty of Fast and Furious got

promoted?

People want to know why I hate LE.

Short answer, I've been a victim of their abuse of office

many times in the past.

Last edited by therewolf; 10-06-2011 at 03:35 PM.

Old 10-06-2011, 03:37 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post

promoted?

many times in the past.
Most LEO's are good people. Just seems that the slime floats to the top and gets the positions to abuse the others.
While I trust the vast majority of the LEO's on the street, those that are in the top positions? I don't trust them. They are usually out for more power and control, and care less about 'justice' than another 'win'.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #25
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post

promoted?

many times in the past.
Require elected and appointed officials to abide by their oath to our Constitution. Please "share" this and let friends know they can join the 75,679 others who have already signed on for the Oath Accountability Civil Action for Constitutional Integrity at Breach of Oath. Thank you for partnering with us in this effort!

Follow the link and sign up...basically its a movement to get laws on the books to hold elected officials accountable when they breach their oath to "Uphold and defend" the constitution.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 10-06-2011, 04:07 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
Require elected and appointed officials to abide by their oath to our Constitution. [...] Breach of Oath.
Odd... the site refers to an "Oath Accountability Act", but I can't find the text of it anywhere. Why would I support a law I can't read?

Quote:
basically its a movement to get laws on the books to hold elected officials accountable when they breach their oath to "Uphold and defend" the constitution.
Who decides if they've failed to "uphold and defend"? What's the criteria? How is this different from malfeasance laws?

Old 10-06-2011, 04:22 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttolhurst View Post
Odd... the site refers to an "Oath Accountability Act", but I can't find the text of it anywhere. Why would I support a law I can't read?

Who decides if they've failed to "uphold and defend"? What's the criteria? How is this different from malfeasance laws?
Because a lot of times the politicians pass laws that have an exemption from them for themselves.

Above Their Own Laws - TIME

Hill exempts self from veterans' law - Erika Lovley and Marin Cogan - POLITICO.com

Just two to start, and don't forget about their check writing habits. Some of the younger members may not remember it, but, the older ones are well aware of just how many rubber checks our 'illustrious leaders' wrote, and were immune from punishment, as well as not having to pay them back.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:42 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
perhaps the sherriffs should be asking permission of the citizens to buy nfa items instead of us having to ask.

after the gunwalker crap i think its time to take away nfa items from law enforcement and give the rights back to the people where they belong...
At least, they should allow the curious citizens to try out their NFA stuff on the police range. Maybe have a quarterly "shoot with the sheriff" or something. That would allow the private citizen to try out different NFA items before getting buried in paperwork and debt for a piece they may not really like when the new wears off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
...they are looking at a LONG time in a Fed Pen.
Most likely in the administrative segregation unit, though; they should be in general population once convicted, IMO.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:45 PM   #29
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttolhurst View Post

Go to the bottom of the page and click on the tab "Background"

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 10-06-2011, 05:47 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
Because a lot of times the politicians pass laws that have an exemption from them for themselves.

[...]

Just two to start, and don't forget about their check writing habits. Some of the younger members may not remember it, but, the older ones are well aware of just how many rubber checks our 'illustrious leaders' wrote, and were immune from punishment, as well as not having to pay them back.
But this doesn't seem to respond to any of my questions which you quoted. Was it supposed to?