They're at it again. - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

They're at it again.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2012, 01:39 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by libwguns View Post
I've seen some good reasoned discussions on this forum about the weaknesses in many anti-gun arguments. But simply labeling everyone's concerns as "BS" if they're outraged over another mass murder by a multi-gun shooter isn't one of those reasoned discussions.

It's not realistic to think that all Americans are going to give thanks for their 2nd Amendment rights on a national day of mourning. Many will ask questions and wonder if maybe they can't get a discussion started with responsible, rational gun owners that could possibly make things a little better - for everyone.
I will agree with you that discussions, debates, and rants on either side of the gun control issue have no place while we as a nation are mourning the loss of 12 innocent souls to the actions of a madman. However, when I hear the terms "rational gun owners" and phrases like "make things a little better" I am reminded that they are in fact the talking points of gun control advocates determined to totally eliminate private gun ownership. The use of these terms and phrases are intended to lull the public into believing that their cause is not extreme or radical but just the "right" thing to do. Sorry but the only safeguard against such devious strategies is to go on the offense immediately and keep the focus of the discussion on the real issues. Calling the opposing position BS may be harsh, but it is understandable given the continous stream of lies, half-truths and well bovine excrement that passes for the main points of the opposition's position.

"Democracy is two wolves and one lamb voting what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote" Ben Franklin

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." --Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45

"It is God’s job to judge and forgive my enemy, I only arrange the meeting." Unidentified Marine
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-22-2012, 01:50 PM   #12

Liked 750 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

The call to ban guns is knee jerk and lacks intellect...banning Glocks might make sense...ever hear of a nut job useing a SIG or Walther? We need more CCW participants.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:20 PM   #13

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82
The call to ban guns is knee jerk and lacks intellect...banning Glocks might make sense...ever hear of a nut job useing a SIG or Walther? We need more CCW participants.
Yes we do, more level headed Americans with ccws is the only way to prevent future massacres.

"An armed society is a polite society!"
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-22-2012, 04:43 PM   #14

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by alxltd1 View Post
when I hear the terms "rational gun owners" and phrases like "make things a little better" I am reminded that they are in fact the talking points of gun control advocates determined to totally eliminate private gun ownership.
Hmm... so "control" means "ban" and "rational gun owners" are ones who would give up their ownership? That wouldn't be rational.

Old 07-22-2012, 04:56 PM   #15

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I have owned guns for many decades...I shoot and collect them so I have a few...So what I`m going to say will upset some...

Until sensible gun owners start the discussion of who should not own certain guns... laws will come down that no one likes... there will be gun control at some point...so gun owners can either be part of the discussion or be left out...

People in this country are not going to hide their children and themselves in their houses because it`s to dangerous to go out.... just so people can own certain guns...You can have every logical and legal argument you want but there is a ever growing consensus that something needs to be done....

We can expect the gun lobby to come after many guns available to the public today because no one has a way to determine who will be another mass murderer...plus big cities have monumental problems with guns gangs and innocent people.....

I know many will say who cares the second amendment gives me the right to bare arms...But remember it doesn`t say what kind those arms will be...what caliber...and it doesn`t guarantee how much those arms will cost....They can easily increase ammo by 10x and make it impossible to find....

If one more big thing happens in the months to come....I will guarantee things will happen....

Old 07-22-2012, 04:57 PM   #16

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Last edited by jimjc; 07-22-2012 at 05:22 PM.

Old 07-22-2012, 05:18 PM   #17
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

JimJc, banning or restricting guns leads to all guns being banned or restricted. period. certain types of guns? who will decide who owns or doesn't? you?

after the last post you and i debated on was deleted due to your imflammatory comments about race issues, i have zero respect for you as a member of this forum or as a person. personally i think this forum would be much better off without the likes of your kind. IMO, your a troll looking to upset and imflame the members here with your comments, and are just trying to start arguments. also IMO, i would probably serve you much better to find a forum that caters to your way of thinking, because surely you have seen, that you are definately in the minority with your viewpoints here.
kfox75 Likes This 
Old 07-22-2012, 05:35 PM   #18

Liked 750 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

I'm preaching to the choir, but gather all the guns you can, even if it's a grand success...as long as there is one gun left (and there will be hundreds of thousands) you'll still have acts like Aurora.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 07-22-2012, 05:38 PM   #19

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
JimJc, banning or restricting guns leads to all guns being banned or restricted. period. certain types of guns? who will decide who owns or doesn't? you?

after the last post you and i debated on was deleted due to your imflammatory comments about race issues, i have zero respect for you as a member of this forum or as a person. personally i think this forum would be much better off without the likes of your kind. IMO, your a troll looking to upset and imflame the members here with your comments, and are just trying to start arguments. also IMO, i would probably serve you much better to find a forum that caters to your way of thinking, because surely you have seen, that you are definately in the minority with your viewpoints here.
Honestly I dont care what you think...Who knows why the last threads were deleted...do you get private messages from the moderators? ...and don`t try to say I have responsibility for others racist beliefs..

We never had a debate as you put it...A debate has facts discussed on both sides ....I had facts your responses were woefully void of any facts other than your cockeyed view of the world...and how to deal with events....

So this is new to me..... this forum requires people only post lock step with people such as yourself...Hum I don`t think so but we`ll see...

Old 07-22-2012, 05:44 PM   #20

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Newest Threads