They're at it again.

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > They're at it again.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2012, 04:51 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default They're at it again.

The anti gun crowd is at it again. They couldn't even wait 24 hours after the shooting to start their BS.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-21-2012, 05:03 PM   #2

Liked 703 Times on 459 Posts
Likes Given: 1931

Welcome to FTF. Drop by the introductions section and tell us a little about yourself.

And yes, it speaks greatly of someone's character when they use tragedies like this to push their own agenda.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 07-22-2012, 01:59 AM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I've seen some good reasoned discussions on this forum about the weaknesses in many anti-gun arguments. But simply labeling everyone's concerns as "BS" if they're outraged over another mass murder by a multi-gun shooter isn't one of those reasoned discussions.

It's not realistic to think that all Americans are going to give thanks for their 2nd Amendment rights on a national day of mourning. Many will ask questions and wonder if maybe they can't get a discussion started with responsible, rational gun owners that could possibly make things a little better - for everyone.

Discussion? Here? Get real.

Vincine Likes This 
Old 07-22-2012, 02:16 AM   #4

Liked 248 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by libwguns View Post
I've seen some good reasoned discussions on this forum about the weaknesses in many anti-gun arguments. But simply labeling everyone's concerns as "BS" if they're outraged over another mass murder by a multi-gun shooter isn't one of those reasoned discussions.

It's not realistic to think that all Americans are going to give thanks for their 2nd Amendment rights on a national day of mourning. Many will ask questions and wonder if maybe they can't get a discussion started with responsible, rational gun owners that could possibly make things a little better - for everyone.
We should all be outraged over these shootings. For many reasons too. You're right, not all people are going to realize the importance of owning firearms or knowing how to use them. They need to be educated and we can all have a hand in that by promoting the good of gun ownership. We can start that in our own families. We all have relations that are afraid of guns and will swallow all the lies of the liberal media and it's our place to set them straight.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:25 AM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I dunno, maybe it would be better to respect how those family members feel, leave the "L" and "C" words out of the discussion, and just lead by example?

Discussion? Here? Get real.

Vincine Likes This 
Old 07-22-2012, 05:50 AM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Its not the guns that kill people. Its wacked out people like this dirt bag. I respect all sides opinions until they say things like " if we banned guns in this country this wouldnt have happened. Criminals dont follow the rules. My thoughts and prayers go out to every victim and their families.

Old 07-22-2012, 06:20 AM   #7
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21348 Times on 12115 Posts
Likes Given: 53218

a gun is an inanimate object with no reasoning, no emotions, not any type of intentions, whether good or evil. the person using the gun has full use and power of how it's use is applied, whether good or bad. for a person to blame an object for a senseless tragedy such as this incident, is, well illogical and stupid. there is but one to blame, the person who did it. he decided to do evil and used a gun. if in the same frame of mind that he is in, and had used a car and mowed down as many people, killing and injuring them, would we be yelling to ban cars? probably not. but the anti gunners want to blame a gun for the actions of this demented individual, as if that made any sense. right.

gun control laws have never solved or detered any crime. GFZ's have never prevented crime or detered it. gun bans and restrictions have never reduced crime or dtered it. because the criminals don't play by the same rules as law abiding citizens in the first place. what we need are stiffer penalties and punishment for those who use guns in criminal acts, not stifle the law abiding citizen for the actions of the criminals. so in essence i am for criminal control, not gun control.

People Like This 
Old 07-22-2012, 07:17 AM   #8

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 2

The thing is, gun grabbers mostly argue, that taking away legal guuns will prevent shootings.
What shootings do the grabbers want to prevent?

Here in germany they argue, that if big bore firearms are banned from private homes and private ownership, there will not be any further shool shootings or rampages with legal guns.

And that is the exact arguement. They are only interested in school shootings and rampages, that had been performed with legal guns.
They are not interested in homicides, driveby shootings or any other shootings, that have been performed with illegal firearms.

At least here in germany they argue like that.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:10 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2069 Times on 1119 Posts
Likes Given: 3110

The anti-gunners are always at it. They seldom rest; especially the rich ones like Bloomberg and politicians like former PA governor Rendell. The Brady Bunch, on the other hand were awash with cash 20 years ago; now they have trouble paying the rent.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:56 PM   #10

Liked 248 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by libwguns View Post
I dunno, maybe it would be better to respect how those family members feel, leave the "L" and "C" words out of the discussion, and just lead by example?
I understand your thoughts om that. Here's a very good example of the education part though. Many that say guns should be outlawed, I have an aunt that feels this way, are absolutely ignorant of many things that go along with proper gun ownership. Much of what she thinks is based off of fear. I talked with her about these things and even though she will never own a firearm she now at least knows that if she's around me and I have one she won't get killed by gun being close to her. She actually thought a firearm could just be leaning in the corner and kill someone on it's own. It's hard for us to imagine that line of thinking but it exist and the news people exploit it and make it even worse.

I've also got a daughter in law that was afraid of guns. Now, after some plinking at targets with a 22, she enjoys them. She is more intellegent than I could ever hope to be but had never been around firearms. Her smarts made her easy to teach safety and even the mechanical side to forearms. Like my aunt she was living in fear. Not anymore. People like these examples are won over to our side even if they never pull a trigger as long as they understand we have the right to keep and bear arms.

Leading by example is number one.