Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Theres a reason i like texas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 61 Times on 32 Posts

Default Theres a reason i like texas

WASHINGTON From Congressman Steve Stockman - Congressman Steve Stockman (R-Texas 36th) released the following statement Monday afternoon.

The White Houses recent announcement they will use executive orders and executive actions to infringe on our constitutionally-protected right to keep and bear arms is an unconstitutional and unconscionable attack on the very founding principles of this republic.

I will seek to thwart this action by any means necessary, including but not limited to eliminating funding for implementation, defunding the White House, and even filing articles of impeachment.

The Presidents actions are an existential threat to this nation. The right of the people to keep and bear arms is what has kept this nation free and secure for over 200 years. The very purpose of the Second Amendment is to stop the government from disallowing people the means to defend themselves against tyranny. Any proposal to abuse executive power and infringe upon gun rights must be repelled with the stiffest legislative force possible.

Under no circumstances whatsoever may the government take any action that disarms any peaceable person much less without due process through an executive declaration without a vote of Congress or a ruling of a court.

The Presidents actions are not just an attack on the Constitution and a violation of his sworn oath of office they are a direct attack on Americans that place all of us in danger. If the President is allowed to suspend constitutional rights on his own personal whims, our free republic has effectively ceased to exist.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #2

Liked 160 Times on 113 Posts

Amen! Wish I still lived in Texas!

Old 01-15-2013, 03:03 PM   #3

Liked 3680 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Guys.. I can't plead with you enough. Email Stockman, thanking him. And email your reps, demanding nothing less from them.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 01-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #4

Liked 61 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin
Guys.. I can't plead with you enough. Email Stockman, thanking him. And email your reps, demanding nothing less from them.
Already on that. Just thought I'd share this. Impeach is a beautiful word

Old 01-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #5

Liked 3680 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

This is the only contact info I could find... maybe someone more "in the know" can post contact info as well.

http://congressmanstevestockman.com/contact/

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

locutus Likes This 
Old 01-15-2013, 03:36 PM   #6

Liked 82 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Try this one Mosin:

http://stockman.house.gov/

Looks like unless you reside in the Texas 36th Congressional District sending him an e-mail is out due to the volume of e-mail he receives from his constituents. You'll have to write him a letter to thank him for his stand on the 2nd Amendment.

Last edited by JSStryker; 01-15-2013 at 03:41 PM.

Old 01-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #7

Liked 116 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 115

My rep here in Mississippi has this on his site. We need more.

Amendment II: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Hello--

New attempts to increase restrictions on gun owners are capturing headlines and consuming dinner conversations.

I firmly believe that law-abiding American citizens have the right to own firearms. But not only does the Obama administration seem to disagree with this view, they have now dispatched their campaign organization to rally the public behind new regulations on guns.

The Washington Post called this plan a “well-financed campaign in Washington and around the country to shift public opinion toward stricter gun laws…”

As an attorney, citizen, and your member of Congress, I will not stand for new attempts to further restrict your constitutional rights. Any law that seeks to limit the rights of law-abiding citizens from owning firearms is a step towards an out-right ban on firearms.

But the conversation cannot end with this note. With your help, we can spread this message from Mississippi to Washington. Please consider forwarding this to your neighbors so that our opposition to gun bans will resonate.

God bless,

Gregg Harper
Member of Congress

Let your reps know how you feel about your 2nd Amendment Right.

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Old 01-15-2013, 03:52 PM   #8

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Good start, but thats just one state Congressman. Im sure we have one of those somewhere in our PA Congress....PA is a big pro-gun state also

Old 01-15-2013, 03:54 PM   #9

Liked 116 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Both senators in MS are pro 2A as well.

Let your reps know how you feel about your 2nd Amendment Right.

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Old 01-15-2013, 03:56 PM   #10

Liked 67 Times on 46 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215
Good start, but thats just one state Congressman. Im sure we have one of those somewhere in our PA Congress....PA is a big pro-gun state also
All of them but Bob Casey. And Harrisburg is trying to pass a assault weapons ban of there own.