Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   are there pro gun churches? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/there-pro-gun-churches-41222/)

freemaker 04-13-2011 01:59 PM

are there pro gun churches?

I would be interested in knowing if there would be churches that support gun rights in the USA or anywhere.

I mean Christian churches mainly but any religious groups. I am sure there must be some in the South or Midwest especially and if they would have websites where I could contact them.

opaww 04-13-2011 02:09 PM

I know of one in Louisville, Ky. but they were taking heat for it at one time. and there is a Jewish one in Ny I believe that does also, and I believe they are connected to Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership.

JPFO Homepage

They are in their video No Guns For Jews

Jesse17 04-13-2011 02:56 PM

Welcome to the forum Freemaker. Usually it's preferred if new guys stop by the introductions section to let us get to know you.

Shepard's Chapel in Little Rock Arkansas. The preacher carries and says he's had to run trouble makers off the property with it before.

He also advocates that it's a Christains duty to provide for and protect his family.

Quote:

Originally Posted by somewhere from the Bible
If you have a cloak and no sword, sell your cloak and buy a sword

spittinfire 04-13-2011 02:58 PM

My church is pro gun, my previous church was pro gun. I'm a Christian and I personally wouldn't attend a church that wasn't as the Bible clearly supports private ownership of weapons.

Welcome to the forum, swing by the introduction area and let everyone know you're here.

AIKIJUTSU 04-13-2011 05:13 PM

So far as churches supporting the right of a Christian to defend him/herself, Jesus' 12 disciples were armed. When the Roman soldiers showed up in their miniskirts (and pantyhose?) to arrest Jesus, some of the disciples drew their swords, but Jesus told them to put 'em away. Not because he considered weapons of self-defense to be immoral, but because he knew the disciples would be killed, and would not be able to spread the Gospel. But I guess Jesus would be sickened at the sight of what is going on in America today.
Too bad Peter wasn't carrying an UZI or an AR.

meadville 04-13-2011 05:57 PM

This is just a for what it's worth comment.I know several catholic preists who hunt,as far as the catholic church's attitude on guns, I'll check into that.

gregs887 04-13-2011 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by opaww (Post 485439)
I know of one in Louisville, Ky. but they were taking heat for it at one time. and there is a Jewish one in Ny I believe that does also, and I believe they are connected to Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership.

JPFO Homepage

They are in their video No Guns For Jews

YouTube - No Guns for Jews, Trailer

Thanks opaww, that looks interesting. They have that and another movie "No Guns for Negros" on their site.

556plinker 04-14-2011 02:28 AM

The mens group in our church usually has one or two shoots a year. PRO 2A has never been a sermon topic to date. If an anti-2A sermon ever came up though, I'm afraid I would probably have to rise up and make a "Make a proclaimation of faith". The 501c3's (and most are) have effectively sold their soul with regards to political activism....unless of course they are leftist.

Win73 04-17-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU (Post 485533)
Too bad Peter wasn't carrying an UZI or an AR.

Actually it is good that Peter wasn't carrying an UZI or an AR. If he had prevented Jesus from being arrested and dying to pay the penalty for our sins, we would have no chance for heaven.

But back to the subject of this thread. I carry in church. At least one of the deacons carries in church. Possibly others also carry. Our pastor knows it and supports it.

And, yes, Jesus disciples carried swords, the equivalent then of a handgun today.

AIKIJUTSU 04-18-2011 02:20 PM

More power to you. If the new South Carolina law passes, churches will not legally be able to ban guns. Maybe that will slow down the dirtbags who show up in places where they know they can rob, rape, and murder with no resistance.