There are different types of gun owners. - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > There are different types of gun owners.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2013, 03:07 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 115 Times on 84 Posts
Likes Given: 144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
I doubt you have met or dealt with violent delusional individuals. They can be as quick and coordinated as they are often determined and unpredictable. What insane people do or don't understand, you cannot possibly know. They are insane, and sometimes suicidal.

Of course they must be properly diagnosed, not just labeled. Point is, all weapons for all human beings, regardless, is a fantasy that does not serve us well.
The person described above will arm himself in spite of any so called "reasonable restrictions" if that is what he decides to do. Look at the guy who kept three woman locked up in plain sight for ten years. Restrictions only work for people who want to go to work, go home every night, and not interact with the system. People who are not a threat to society in the first place.
People Like This 
Old 12-29-2013, 03:08 PM   #42
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6578 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
That's not the world we live in though. So until we do what you suggest, we need laws and/or regulations to weed out the threats as best as we can
Make laws that restrict our rights instead of making laws that keep dangerous people off the streets? Where's the logic in that?

Your right. As of now, that's not the world we live in. Don't you think you could do something about that. Like maybe write your elected officials?
People Like This 
Old 12-29-2013, 03:14 PM   #43

Liked 115 Times on 84 Posts
Likes Given: 144

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I fit into number ten. No restrictions, no compromises, no nothing. GIVE THEM NOTHING!
And this only sounds extreme if you didn't watch the MSM after Sandy Hook. If they could they would have us all packing rocks. At this point I am a #10 and will probably never see that change.
People Like This 
Old 12-29-2013, 03:20 PM   #44

Liked 4795 Times on 2681 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Any Constitutional scholar knows the Bill Of Rights lays out the restraints placed on the Federal Government. There are over 20,000 gun laws in America placed by state and local governments. The number of Federal Laws remain small.
The most sever over reach by any government has come from non-federal systems. When the over reach has conflicted the SCOTUS has defended the 2nd Amendment. The latest protection has been issued concerning concealed carry in Illinois.
Most of the gun owners who claim to be protectors of the Constitution seem to be on safe ground. They are however ignoring the real threat of their state and local statutes.
People Like This 
Old 12-29-2013, 03:25 PM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 157 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I'm not against any gun. I feel I'm in category 10. Personally I'm not into ARs, I'm more of an ak guy. I like revolvers but I do own a few semi autos. I like bolt action rifles over semi auto especially for precision.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Firearms Talk mobile app
People Like This 
Old 12-29-2013, 03:57 PM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3729 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:

That's not the world we live in though. So until we do what you suggest, we need laws and/or regulations to weed out the threats as best as we can
Criminals definitionally do not follow laws.
People Like This 
Old 12-29-2013, 03:57 PM   #47

Liked 1333 Times on 893 Posts
Likes Given: 857

Quote:
Any Constitutional scholar knows the Bill Of Rights lays out the restraints placed on the Federal Government. There are over 20,000 gun laws in America placed by state and local governments. The number of Federal Laws remain small.
The most sever over reach by any government has come from non-federal systems.
Good point. I have never heard it put like that. Now what I think about it, you're right.

Old 12-29-2013, 04:04 PM   #48
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sniper View Post
I'm not against any gun. I feel I'm in category 10. Personally I'm not into ARs, I'm more of an ak guy. I like revolvers but I do own a few semi autos. I like bolt action rifles over semi auto especially for precision.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Firearms Talk mobile app
personally even though i have no desire to own a fully automatic firearm, i will support and defend another law abiding gun owners right to won and possess one. simply because i believe to feel otherwise would be infringement upon their rights to own what they desire.

Old 12-29-2013, 04:15 PM   #49
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
I do not believe convicted violent felons or people with serious mental illness (such as schizophrenics and those with a propensity to delusions or violence) should be allowed access to firearms. Period!
as much as i agree with you, i will take that commnet to a little different stance i have, and say this, that i believe a person who was in prison and has served their time after a certain period of time should have all their rights restored, even their right to own and possess firearms.

my reasoning is simple, if they are such a danger after they ae released and can't be trusted with a firearm or are such a danger, then why have they released this person back into society in the first place? if they are that dangerous then they have no place among LAC's in society in the first place and need to be kept locked up.
People Like This 
Old 12-29-2013, 04:16 PM   #50
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8130 Times on 4192 Posts
Likes Given: 9338

The onus is on us to prove the threat not limit the rights of everyone. Your only key to rights and responsibilities under the law come from adult over age 18 citizenship plain and simple.

Mentally Unstable, cant be held accountable for their actions because they are
Criminally Unstable, signifies a measurable threat to others breaking laws
Diminished Capacity, unable to understand the rights and responsibilities
under a legal order of diminished rights due to incarceration and or punishment, no need for explanation (I dont think anyways).

All these are legitimate concerns, Prove it and you can limit a citizens rights! If you cant prove it there is no justification for limiting or denial of Rights period especially across the board to the 99% of the people that do not abuse their rights!

Isnt that simple enough to understand? The mere possession of any firearm to a citizen is not prohibit-able by law. Denial of any rights to unnamed citizens because they might, could, may do something bad with them without due process is intolerable and unconstitutional.

Last edited by WebleyFosbery38; 12-29-2013 at 04:18 PM.
People Like This