There are different types of gun owners. - Page 14
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > There are different types of gun owners.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2014, 02:22 PM   #131
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1944 Times on 1348 Posts
Likes Given: 992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
sorry but i have to disagree. our rights are not secure and are under attack from every angle from those who would impose their will and desires upon others.

look around you and look at what's going on. it's very easy to see our rights are being attacked. gun control laws, bans and restrictions. Obamacare. our own government spying on us. the Patriot Act. and many more attacks on our rights and freedoms everyday.

how can you come to the conclusion our rights are secure, unless you live with your head buried in the sand or that you buy into the nonsense the liberals boast about?

now i'm not going to preach doom and gloom, but i will try and remain vigilant and stay aware of the attacks upon our rights as best i can. i will advise others to do the same. you are free to feel as you wish and do nothing and think that everything is fine and okay and there is no need for any action on your part.

do you understand the word infringement? every gun control law, ban or restriction in the last hundred years or so is infringement.
I'll answer from the bottom up.

Yes, I do. The state and local limits are by and large unconstitutional. Said so already, let's move on.

Not everything is fine. There is a permanent need for action. That's why I am NRA, Glock foundation, etc. I vote in every election that matters. My co-workers, particularly women, know (I hope) that I am not a bitter lunatic from the edge of darkness, but I am a gun enthusiast they can feel safe being around. Not much, perhaps. But I do nothing to discredit us in front of the "silent" majority of people who want safe schools and shopping malls.

Our freedoms are secure because the republic is strong. It has serious problems, as it did for the past 240 years. But it will survive the imposter. It will never be the same as in the old westerns, you can be sure of that. Know your objectives, get real people on our side. Much of the radical stuff is good for the Internet and for the gun shows (which by the way are seriously discredited by the obligatory Nazi swastikas flying).

The Patriot Act. Same people who know we are at war, keep wining - along with the Leftist academics they hate so! - about the wartime legislation. We just cannot be so much as inconvenienced by the reality of fighting the islamic plague.

Was it Curtis LeMay? "The Japs are our adversary. The enemy is the Navy". But he was only joking.