There are different types of gun owners. - Page 13
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

There are different types of gun owners.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2014, 03:06 AM   #121
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3387 Times on 2291 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love
What is Osama set to pass?
I was feeding the Gatorious one while the news was on, I heard for like five seconds that he was adding something to "Anti-Gun" laws...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 01-04-2014, 04:33 AM   #122

Liked 4797 Times on 2683 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Well if you say so. But gun control is a statement that refers to over all laws restricting general access to firearms. We have as gun rights advocates used the term "Gun Control" to reflect on any law or proposal we found as an invasion on our rights. Well at least for over 50 years.
I did not know that the term had been Hijacked by the Liberals? But those guys are tricky "Bottom Feeders". Thanks for your input.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:01 AM   #123

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
sorry to burst your bubble. but there are many gun owners that believe in guns for sporting purposes only. that the police are there to ensure your safety and well being, and to protect you from the goblins.

there are gun owners who do believe in gun restrictions. that LAC's shouldn't or don't need semi-auto firearms. or fully automatic fiearms or suppressors and such. that we should have magazine restrictions. and only the police and military need such things, not the citizens.

these people may claim to support or believe in the 2nd amendment, but IMO, no they don't. because they fail to understand the simple phrase, "Shall Not Be Infringed" and can't comprehend simple English.

there are over 5 million members of the NRA or there abouts. how many gun owners are there in the USA? so tell me how many of those that don't belong to the NRA, what are their viewpoints and stances on gun control laws and restrictions? the answers may suprise you.

The NRA shot themselves in the foot years ago with their sky is falling letters every day. The same thing GOA does right now. GOA is still going on about the UN small arms treaty that was never approved by the senate. The senate sent a letter to the UN before the treaty was written saying it will not be approved. That didn't stop Obama from signing the treaty without it even going before the senate. Unless GOA can find the power to impeach Obama I am not sending them a dime. I don't mind supporting a legal group but don't create problems to dun me for money.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:30 AM   #124
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
The NRA shot themselves in the foot years ago with their sky is falling letters every day. The same thing GOA does right now. GOA is still going on about the UN small arms treaty that was never approved by the senate. The senate sent a letter to the UN before the treaty was written saying it will not be approved. That didn't stop Obama from signing the treaty without it even going before the senate. Unless GOA can find the power to impeach Obama I am not sending them a dime. I don't mind supporting a legal group but don't create problems to dun me for money.
then by all means think the war is won and there are no more battles to fight as far as our gun rights. by all means please give in and give up. take your guns and give them to the gun grabbers as they will be glad to dispose of them for you. nobody is forcing you to fight for our gun rights. nobody is forcing you to belong to the NRA or the GOA or any other group that is trying to fight for our rights.

please be naive and think that the UN small arms treaty isn't still cooking on the back burner just waiting for an opportune moment to be sprung on us if we don't remain vigilant.

the NRA nor the GOA have the power to impeach any elected official. that has to come from congress. and it's not like it has any real authority. look at Bill Clinton. they impeached him and he still finished out his term as president.

please remain with you head buried in the sand. it will make it easy for them to take your guns and you will never even know it happened.

but please tell us all you are doing to help us keep our gun rights. i am sure others would like to hear your comments.
People Like This 
Old 01-04-2014, 11:59 AM   #125

Liked 2057 Times on 1074 Posts
Likes Given: 392

here is a serious question for all of the folks who answered "10" on the pop quiz: would age restrictions for firearms purchase be considered an infringement? I mean, the 2nd Amendment says 'unfettered' - but I am curious what everyone thinks about minors, heck, 12 year olds for that matter being allowed to purchase firearms?

We have restrictions on driving, alcohol and tobacco purchases.........I am curious to see where/if any of us draws the line here. (I am not talking about minors using firearms, or receiving a gun for a birthday present. I am talking about walking into the LGS and purchasing)

My answer is hell no, by the way. You should be 18 in my book. Old enough to vote old enough to get drafted. But I am interested in seeing how we define 'unfettered'. Here how the dictionary defines it:

tr.v. un·fet·tered, un·fet·ter·ing, un·fet·ters
To set free or keep free from restrictions or bonds.
: not controlled or restricted

this is a serious question.

Last edited by chloeshooter; 01-04-2014 at 12:01 PM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-04-2014, 12:10 PM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
here is a serious question for all of the folks who answered "10" on the pop quiz: would age restrictions for firearms purchase be considered an infringement? I mean, the 2nd Amendment says 'unfettered' - but I am curious what everyone thinks about minors, heck, 12 year olds for that matter being allowed to purchase firearms?

We have restrictions on driving, alcohol and tobacco purchases.........I am curious to see where/if any of us draws the line here. (I am not talking about minors using firearms, or receiving a gun for a birthday present. I am talking about walking into the LGS and purchasing)

My answer is hell no, by the way. You should be 18 in my book. Old enough to vote old enough to get drafted. But I am interested in seeing how we define 'unfettered'. Here how the dictionary defines it:

tr.v. un·fet·tered, un·fet·ter·ing, un·fet·ters
To set free or keep free from restrictions or bonds.
: not controlled or restricted

this is a serious question.
very good question! and yes it needs to be defined. IMO a minor is not an adult and still under the care of their parents or guardians, so they don't have the same access to rights as adults. so for them to buy or excercise their rights, they need to of an adult age. 17 or 18 seems like a good place to be on that subject to me.

i will even expand on this and say, that there needs to be fairness applied to the age limits IMO. is some states a young man or woman can vote or join the military but not drink or buy a handgun. sorry, but that is wrong to me as well. if they can vote or join at 18, then they should be able to walk into a bar and buy a drink or able to purchase a handgun. not have to wait until they are 21. 18 or 21. make the age apply all across the board and do away with doubel age standards. either they are an adult at one age or the other or they aren't.
People Like This 
Old 01-04-2014, 12:34 PM   #127
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4660 Times on 3140 Posts
Likes Given: 2350

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
Old enough to vote old enough to get drafted.
And old enough to have an abortion. But not old enough to buy a beer for another 3 years. All age limitations are arbitrary and inconsistent.

There is no "unfettered" in 2A.

Our rights are secure. It is true that some states impose unconstitutional measures to limit the 2a rights. It is also true that other states and municipalities move to repeal those restrictions. This is how the republic operates.

Our freedoms are still envied by the rest of the world. I will likely not move to a gun-control state because of my chosen lifestyle, and there is plenty of room left for me and the like minded.

Our obsessions with gloom and doom often result from our personal failures, for which the "wrong state of affairs" and the "wrong people" are to blame.

Last edited by Mercator; 01-04-2014 at 12:41 PM.

Old 01-04-2014, 12:40 PM   #128

Liked 2057 Times on 1074 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
And old enough to have an abortion. But not old enough to buy a beer for another 3 years. All age limitations are arbitrary and inconsistent.

Our rights are secure. It is true that some states impose unconstitutional measures to limit the 2a rights. It is also true that other states and municipalities move to repeal those restrictions. This is how the republic operates.

Our freedoms are still envied by the rest of the world. I will likely not move to a gun-control state because of my chosen lifestyle, and there is plenty of room left for me and the like minded.
Understood.

How's this

in·fringe (n-frnj)
v. in·fringed, in·fring·ing, in·fring·es

v.tr.
1. To transgress or exceed the limits of; violate: infringe a contract; infringe a patent.

2. Obsolete To defeat; invalidate.

v.intr.
To encroach on someone or something; engage in trespassing: an increased workload that infringed on his personal life.

[Latin nfringere, to destroy : in-, intensive pref.; see in-2 + frangere, to break; see bhreg- in Indo-European roots.]

in·fringer n.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

infringe (ɪnˈfrɪndʒ)
vb
1. (tr) to violate or break (a law, an agreement, etc)

2. (intr; foll by on or upon) to encroach or trespass

[C16: from Latin infringere to break off, from frangere to break]
inˈfringement n inˈfringer n
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

in•fringe (ɪnˈfrɪndʒ)

v. -fringed, -fring•ing. v.t.
1. to commit a breach or infraction of; violate or transgress: to infringe a copyright.
v.i.
2. to encroach or trespass (usu. fol. by on or upon): to infringe on someone's privacy.

[1525–35; < Latin infringere to break, weaken =in- in-2 + frangere to break]
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-04-2014, 12:44 PM   #129
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4660 Times on 3140 Posts
Likes Given: 2350

Just fine!

Old 01-04-2014, 01:11 PM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post

Our obsessions with gloom and doom often result from our personal failures, for which the "wrong state of affairs" and the "wrong people" are to blame.
sorry but i have to disagree. our rights are not secure and are under attack from every angle from those who would impose their will and desires upon others.

look around you and look at what's going on. it's very easy to see our rights are being attacked. gun control laws, bans and restrictions. Obamacare. our own government spying on us. the Patriot Act. and many more attacks on our rights and freedoms everyday.

how can you come to the conclusion our rights are secure, unless you live with your head buried in the sand or that you buy into the nonsense the liberals boast about?

now i'm not going to preach doom and gloom, but i will try and remain vigilant and stay aware of the attacks upon our rights as best i can. i will advise others to do the same. you are free to feel as you wish and do nothing and think that everything is fine and okay and there is no need for any action on your part.

do you understand the word infringement? every gun control law, ban or restriction in the last hundred years or so is infringement.
wittmeba Likes This