There are different types of gun owners. - Page 12
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

There are different types of gun owners.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2014, 10:25 AM   #111
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8231 Times on 4240 Posts
Likes Given: 9476

Two Mechanics, Electricians, Exterminators or Physicians can have opinions on the best way to approach a situation or dilemma in their fields of practice but the same discussion with clueless customers only makes for confusing and useless banter. Thats exactly the same situation when a Anti Gun Liberal tries to discuss pro's and cons of Firearm options or capabilities; dont bother trying, they dont want to understand what they think they are talking about so nothing good will ever come of trying.

Opinions run the gamut from one extreme to the other, all in, all out or drifting somewhere in between. Those opinions are great for discussions but dont mean a thing when it comes to Law, Rights and Responsibilities. I do my best never to have "opinion discussions" with liberals about Firearm rights because it gives them a feeling they know WTF they are speaking about when 90%+ of them really dont.

Actually, I end dumb discussions about 2A rights by saying my 13 year old granddaughters interpretation of those 27 words is more accurate than theirs. I ask them to read it again but this time, Keep it simple, try not to read words into it that are not there then tell me exactly what firearms or citizens are allowed to be restricted by our governments from actualizing it based on what they read. Usually by then, they have gotten mad, uttered some FOOG BS and run away looking for a safer place to spew their ignorance!
People Like This 
Old 01-03-2014, 12:02 PM   #112

Liked 43 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
When osamaobama first ran for president a group of sporting arms group formed, they called themselves The American Hunters & Shooters Association. there was only about 30 members total, but most were wealthy and famous figures in society, like one or two football players a movie star ect.

They made claims of support for the 2A and gun rights all except the dreaded .50 cal. rifle and also supported renewing the assault weapons ban, background checks for all gun buys and registration of all privately owned firearms. (But they supported the Second amendment.) They even claimed to speak for gun owners through out America and attended an anti-gun debate representing the gun owners side.

They are not the only ones to do this, a few years ago a big game hunting club whos members were rich and hunted big game in Africa publicly stated that only rich people should have guns and they also were invited to represent the pro-gun side of a anti-gun debate. (but they supported the Second Amendment)

A detective I once knew in Texas said he supported the Second Amendment except for handguns and semi-auto rifles and if I wanted to have a handgun I should join the police dept.

Has a .50 cal rifle ever been used in a crime? Bit hard to conceal and most criminals wouldn't want to pay for the ammo.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:12 PM   #113

Liked 2057 Times on 1074 Posts
Likes Given: 392

I have decided that back-and-forth on FTF isn't going to do anything to change the world we live in when it comes to 2A. It is what it is. So, in the spirit of putting my money where my mouth is, I have volunteered to assist my local NRA ILA Coordinator with PR work as well as work at the State Capitol.

I'll let you guys know what that experience is all about. In the interim, let's hope we don't have some d*ckhead pop a rivet and shoot up a bunch of innocents with a semi-auto anything. Nothing works against 2A rights like the imagery created by mass shootings, hastily rushed to your TV and the internet by the anti-gun media. Now, if someone legally carrying can only stop one of these.....wait....I think it's happened, but we didn't hear much about it
People Like This 
Old 01-03-2014, 01:09 PM   #114

Liked 4797 Times on 2683 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The Gun Control movement is very good at "Hat" tricks. There has not been any major erosion or infringements on the 2nd Amendment in the Bill Of Rights. These challenges have been over turned by the SCOTUS. The 2nd like all other "Tumbnails", in the BOR is a complicated ruling. It directs you to the foundations of the declaration.
While gun owners stare at the Constitutional" Silver Bullets they are being assaulted on the state and local levels. None of the issues discussed here rooted in Federal denial of your rights. These are states exercising their rights to control commerce with in their political boundaries.
Colorado has approved the use of street drugs ignoring Federal Laws. Colorado has passed Gun Control laws ignoring the Constitutional rights of their citizens. These are both popular Liberal issues. So people in these states are enthusiastic about these new social adjustments.
Why are gun owners in Blue states not asking their governments to ignore machine gun and SBR Etc. laws. The facts are street drugs are for more popular than 2nd Amendment rights.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:47 PM   #115
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2344 Times on 1394 Posts
Likes Given: 1278

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
Not all gun owners think alike, some are almost as much anti gun as osamaobama.

We have someplace around 85 million gun owners as of right now, and they are so divers that we gun owners cannot depend on each others for support of pro gun measures nor even who they will vote for.

Itís hard to pin down just what each type of gun owner supports but I will list the common types here that I know we have.

1. The shotgun owner. (Believes that only shot guns should be legal)
2. The hunter. (Believes that only guns made for hunting should be legal) aka bolt action rifles, and double-barreled shotguns.
3. The Black Powder shooter, (Believes that only black powder rifles and pistols are covered under the 2A.)
4. The limited, (Believes that there should be limits on types of guns owned) aka Revolvers for home protection, Hunting rifles and shotguns.
5. The licensed, (Believes most common guns are ok but they and their owners should be licensed.)
6. The Elite, (Believes that only they posses the right to own guns)
7. The semi-auto, (Believes semi-autoís are ok as long as they donít look like assault weapons)
8. The all butt, (Believes any gun should be legal to own butt High powered sniper rifles) aka The .50 cal Barrett
9. The safe stored, (Believes itís ok to own guns as long as they are kept in a government approved storage facility)
10. The Real Patriots, (Believes that anyone should be able to own any type of weapon they choose)

This list is but the few beliefs in gun ownership that I actually have run into. So they are not just wishful thinking on my part, these types of people actually do exist. Some are a mix and match from the list like, someone who believes that it is ok to own black powder rifles, and normal shot guns for hunting, or The Semi-auto as long as they are registered.

There are variations of any of the listed categories. Even in the membership of the NRA there are such a wide variety of beliefs that we cannot even get an absolute consensus of what to support. Most every group listed above says they support the 2A, but most believe that there should be some form of restriction placed on either the type or amounts of firearms, and ammo that we should be allowed to own.

The 2A is unconditional, not one anti-gun law was ever passed up until after the civil war, where (democratic) whites wanted to keep the former slaves from owning guns. Then the ball started rolling and we just got it shoved deeper and harder through out the years.

The main push right now should be to bring all gun owners and Second Amendment supporters together as one voice that is very loud and clear. The need for every gun owner to understand that any threat to gun rights is a threat to all gun rights.

opaww
ALL those who want to INFRINGE (aka restrict or regulate) our RTKABA's use the same line all progressives do, 'I AM BETTER THEN YOU, THEREFORE I KNOW WHAT IS BEST FOR YOU"! I guess they to are of the progressive mindset, aka 'indoctrinated'!
opaww Likes This 
Old 01-03-2014, 03:49 PM   #116
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
The Anti-Gun movement is very good at "Hat" tricks. There has not been any major erosion or infringements on the 2nd Amendment in the Bill Of Rights. These challenges have been over turned by the SCOTUS. The 2nd like all other "Tumbnails", in the BOR is a complicated ruling. It directs you to the foundations of the declaration.
While gun owners stare at the Constitutional" Silver Bullets they are being assaulted on the state and local levels. None of the issues discussed here rooted in Federal denial of your rights. These are states exercising their rights to control commerce with in their political boundaries.
Colorado has approved the use of street drugs ignoring Federal Laws. Colorado has passed Gun Control laws ignoring the Constitutional rights of their citizens. These are both popular Liberal issues. So people in these states are enthusiastic about these new social adjustments.
Why are gun owners in Blue states not asking their governments to ignore machine gun and SBR Etc. laws. The facts are street drugs are for more popular than 2nd Amendment rights.
There I fixed it for you!
opaww Likes This 
Old 01-03-2014, 04:04 PM   #117

Liked 4797 Times on 2683 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Thx Jim. But isn't gun control an anti-gun proposition? Jim I have to wonder? What would the outcome have been if congress had pushed gun laws after Lincolns assassination? The very weak President Johnson who also had a serious sexual identity problem would have signed off on radical gun prohibitions.
The Civil War was ending but fear of armed insurrections remained as a real possibility. Lincoln had already brought America to the door step of a "Fascist" Federal system. He had used his power to shoot protesters and close down news papers. He had suspended the Right of the "Writ".
I doubt we would have a 2nd Amendment today?

Old 01-04-2014, 01:55 AM   #118
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Thx Jim. But isn't gun control an anti-gun proposition? Jim I have to wonder? What would the outcome have been if congress had pushed gun laws after Lincolns assassination? The very weak President Johnson who also had a serious sexual identity problem would have signed off on radical gun prohibitions.
The Civil War was ending but fear of armed insurrections remained as a real possibility. Lincoln had already brought America to the door step of a "Fascist" Federal system. He had used his power to shoot protesters and close down news papers. He had suspended the Right of the "Writ".
I doubt we would have a 2nd Amendment today?
"Gun Control" is the term the progressives use to mask the correct term which is 'Anti-gun legislation', the same as "Assault weapon" to mask the correct term 'semi-automatic weapon'. They have to make it sound like they are doing something 'good/positive' ie; Gun control, as opposed to something bad Anti-gun legislation. Other examples are 'Environmental Protection', "Endangered species Act', 'Ominous Crime Control Act' need I go on????

Last edited by JimRau; 01-04-2014 at 01:58 AM.
opaww Likes This 
Old 01-04-2014, 02:05 AM   #119
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3387 Times on 2291 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau
"Gun Control" is the term the progressives use to mask the correct term which is 'Anti-gun legislation', the same as "Assault weapon" to mask the correct term 'semi-automatic weapon'. They have to make it sound like they are doing something 'good/positive' ie; Gun control, as opposed to something bad Anti-gun legislation. Other examples are 'Environmental Protection', "Endangered species Act', 'Ominous Crime Control Act' need I go on????
Sad to say your right Jim. I heard today the current "annointed" one is set to pass another BS provision regarding Firearms into law.....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 01-04-2014, 02:24 AM   #120

Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Sad to say your right Jim. I heard today the current "annointed" one is set to pass another BS provision regarding Firearms into law.....
What is Osama set to pass?