There are different types of gun owners. - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > There are different types of gun owners.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2014, 12:03 AM   #101
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6562 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sig View Post
Here's a thought, have the NRA form a militia. People can volunteer for it and and exercise their 2A rights and protect their neighborhoods if requested to do so
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
Most of us here are already in a militia by definition.
I've been in a militia for years.

Old 01-02-2014, 12:08 AM   #102
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 43 Times on 28 Posts

Simply a suggestion to eliminate one piece of antigun ammunition

Old 01-02-2014, 12:20 AM   #103

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Any Constitutional scholar knows the Bill Of Rights lays out the restraints placed on the Federal Government. There are over 20,000 gun laws in America placed by state and local governments. The number of Federal Laws remain small.
Well said.

I see the problem as the contrast between "Laws" and "Rights". Almost all laws are restrictive and reduce your freedoms. Rights do the opposite. They protect (or are suppose to) your freedoms from Governmental Intervention.

Politicians never talk about rights - just laws.

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!
People Like This 
Old 01-02-2014, 12:23 AM   #104

Liked 43 Times on 28 Posts

And the have been infringing on our rights

Old 01-02-2014, 12:49 AM   #105
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6562 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sig View Post
Simply a suggestion to eliminate one piece of antigun ammunition
While the idea is good, it just wouldn't work well. The antis already twist words around and lie about the facts in order to get what they want. They'd just declare that the NRA is not a true militia, and that only the national guard is a true militia.

They already want the NRA classified as a terrorist organization and blame responsible gun owners for every mass shooting. There is no reasoning with a lot of those morons.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:03 AM   #106
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1520 Times on 1029 Posts
Likes Given: 532

One thing I noticed in the very first post the OP lumps a few in with the majority. Most people who own any kind of gun are against any form of gun control. I belong to a skeet and sporting clays club. Most of the members primarily shoot and own double barrel shotguns. Sure we have hunting rifles and pistols for self defense. Only a couple members own an AR 15. We have quite a few members who own AR 10s. I have never heard anyone say I don't care if a gun law is passed it won't affect me. Unless you live in a cave you know that any gun law is potential threat to legal gun ownership. Right now they are all mad with the NRA for not opposing the "invisible gun law." They see it as a law that can be easily abused. We are still trying to figure out how to build an invisible gun. Xray machines in airports can see plastic objects. A piece of plastic with no ammo is just a piece of plastic. Ammo is certainly visible to any Xray machines.

Most active gun owners that belong to any civic group, shooting or hunting club are aware of gun laws. They are just not as organized if they don't belong to a gun rights group.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 01-02-2014, 02:04 AM   #107

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Well let us not fall into the Militia only trap. This would effectively disqualify men 45 years of age and older. The 2nd Amendment is clear "the rights of the "People" shall not be infringed",. This is not a third grade math trick"If Billy has two Apples and gives Bill one",.? The Militia and the the people are two separate societal identification in this Bill Of Rights for the people. Again you must study the Federalist Papers which are the foundations of these rights.
If you need further proof of a more recent nature? Let us look at the SCOTUS's decision on the right to carry a concealed weapon? The state of Illinois was ordered to cease in desist in denying there citizens AKA "people"the same rights as other U.S. citizens "people". Note there is no mention of "Militia" in this decision.
You are free to ignore Liberal idiots who claim the rights are reserved for the National Guard.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:00 AM   #108
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1170 Times on 801 Posts
Likes Given: 1177

I`m in the 10 group !.................

When all else fails.

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 01-03-2014, 03:13 AM   #109
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21502 Times on 12208 Posts
Likes Given: 53546

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
One thing I noticed in the very first post the OP lumps a few in with the majority. Most people who own any kind of gun are against any form of gun control. I belong to a skeet and sporting clays club. Most of the members primarily shoot and own double barrel shotguns. Sure we have hunting rifles and pistols for self defense. Only a couple members own an AR 15. We have quite a few members who own AR 10s. I have never heard anyone say I don't care if a gun law is passed it won't affect me. Unless you live in a cave you know that any gun law is potential threat to legal gun ownership. Right now they are all mad with the NRA for not opposing the "invisible gun law." They see it as a law that can be easily abused. We are still trying to figure out how to build an invisible gun. Xray machines in airports can see plastic objects. A piece of plastic with no ammo is just a piece of plastic. Ammo is certainly visible to any Xray machines.

Most active gun owners that belong to any civic group, shooting or hunting club are aware of gun laws. They are just not as organized if they don't belong to a gun rights group.
sorry to burst your bubble. but there are many gun owners that believe in guns for sporting purposes only. that the police are there to ensure your safety and well being, and to protect you from the goblins.

there are gun owners who do believe in gun restrictions. that LAC's shouldn't or don't need semi-auto firearms. or fully automatic fiearms or suppressors and such. that we should have magazine restrictions. and only the police and military need such things, not the citizens.

these people may claim to support or believe in the 2nd amendment, but IMO, no they don't. because they fail to understand the simple phrase, "Shall Not Be Infringed" and can't comprehend simple English.

there are over 5 million members of the NRA or there abouts. how many gun owners are there in the USA? so tell me how many of those that don't belong to the NRA, what are their viewpoints and stances on gun control laws and restrictions? the answers may suprise you.
People Like This 
Old 01-03-2014, 10:00 AM   #110

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

When osamaobama first ran for president a group of sporting arms group formed, they called themselves The American Hunters & Shooters Association. there was only about 30 members total, but most were wealthy and famous figures in society, like one or two football players a movie star ect.

They made claims of support for the 2A and gun rights all except the dreaded .50 cal. rifle and also supported renewing the assault weapons ban, background checks for all gun buys and registration of all privately owned firearms. (But they supported the Second amendment.) They even claimed to speak for gun owners through out America and attended an anti-gun debate representing the gun owners side.

They are not the only ones to do this, a few years ago a big game hunting club whos members were rich and hunted big game in Africa publicly stated that only rich people should have guns and they also were invited to represent the pro-gun side of a anti-gun debate. (but they supported the Second Amendment)

A detective I once knew in Texas said he supported the Second Amendment except for handguns and semi-auto rifles and if I wanted to have a handgun I should join the police dept.