Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Texas Open Carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2013, 01:31 AM   #31
Texas Ranger Fan!
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16806 Times on 9743 Posts
Likes Given: 43865

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
Trip, would you enjoy a job as a make stripper?

Would you "love" it?

(:muttering: Bunch of pansies....)

(:donning soft armor cuz he remembers trip has a "network" : )
i would never make a good male stripper, or even a bad male stripper!

Trip isn't the only with a network!

plus i have access to lots of dirt moving equipment and keys to the gates where they are kept at night!

Old 09-04-2013, 02:57 AM   #32

Liked 2161 Times on 1199 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55

i would never make a good male stripper, or even a bad male stripper!

Trip isn't the only with a network!

plus i have access to lots of dirt moving equipment and keys to the gates where they are kept at night!
Ah. So that's why you didn't want to bet those @$$ shots on that pugil stick match. Shy about revealing them goodies eh? I can make a clean shot without you having to pull the pants down. But I'm not promising any good first aid. It's hard enough to stick those tampons into the bullet holes with all the screaming and squirming. Adding layers of clothing is only going to compound the problem.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Old 09-04-2013, 03:08 AM   #33

Liked 1755 Times on 802 Posts
Likes Given: 1781

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGSF View Post
Read the op ! If you are going to a gun show or a gunsmith you aren't really open carrying. Your in a parking lot .
We are talking about the guys that walk down the street looking for attention either buy the public or law enforcement. Then spew crap about how it their right .
There is no point to open carry a long gun at anytime.

Tell that to the people in L. A. when those two guys went crazy with the AK's. Just because you don't like it or wouldn't do it, doesn't mean it isn't their right to do so.

What if I had to walk to the gunsmith's shop? The guys doing it for attention as you say, wouldn't be getting any attention if people would stop freaking out about it. The really sad part about all this is, the very people who claim to support 2A only do so if it suits them. If they don't like it then nobody should do it. Does this sound familiar? Does it sound like something an anti gun liberal would say? Wake up.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:43 AM   #34

Liked 22 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 2

We have open carry in Oklahoma and the main advantage of open carry for me is that I don't have to worry about my shirt coming up and someone seeing my gun that I carry concealed. Before open carry passed you could be arrested for flashing your gun if your shirt or jacket came up and someone saw your gun.

Old 09-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #35

Liked 518 Times on 307 Posts
Likes Given: 2747

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
Tell that to the people in L. A. when those two guys went crazy with the AK's. Just because you don't like it or wouldn't do it, doesn't mean it isn't their right to do so.

What if I had to walk to the gunsmith's shop? The guys doing it for attention as you say, wouldn't be getting any attention if people would stop freaking out about it. The really sad part about all this is, the very people who claim to support 2A only do so if it suits them. If they don't like it then nobody should do it. Does this sound familiar? Does it sound like something an anti gun liberal would say? Wake up.
I think the point that's being missed by a few is that they are doing it SOLELY to get a rise out of people, in areas where it is either uncommon or unwelcome.

Also, are you talking about the 1997 North Hollywood Bank of America robbery? If so, it wouldn't have made a difference.

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 09-04-2013, 11:01 AM   #36

Liked 518 Times on 307 Posts
Likes Given: 2747

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHunter View Post
Whether you agree with it or not it is a right so we should be supporting those who choose to exercise that right. I personally choose OC, I may not agree with OC'ing a long gun but those that do it where it is legal I fully support them doing so because it is their right. I think we need to push for full constitutional carry in all 50 states. That would put the government on notice that the American People are not to be messed with. We need the government to once again fear the wrath of the people only then can we fix the problems in this country. I didn't realize there had to be a "point" to exercising how our rights can or cannot be exercised. I am pretty sure that would make them privileges.
There's a difference between not supporting OC and not supporting bone heads.

There's also a difference between people that are exercising a right, and making a point (whether it be 1st or 2nd Amendment). Here's a little hint.... people exercising a right don't walk down the street with an AR slung over their shoulder while another vidoes it and then later posts it on YouTube.

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 09-04-2013, 02:59 PM   #37
Supporting Member

Liked 455 Times on 283 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282

So what you are saying is because I do not support any one who open Carries a long gun in Texas, so they can post it on You tube .
That I do not support the 2A .
You have me mistaken

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"

Old 09-04-2013, 05:18 PM   #38

Liked 2161 Times on 1199 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGSF

So what you are saying is because I do not support any one who open Carries a long gun in Texas, so they can post it on You tube .
You have me mistaken
Honestly, I think that displaying a firearm in that particular manner for the specific purpose of getting a rise out of public and police is disturbing the peace. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want it added to any laws because it would give the gun nuts a foothold to expand it. But I think that this is total BS.

If I ever deal with one of those D-bags, he better hope he doesn't even spit on the sidewalk where I can see it. I would be willing to book him on the absolute most obscure charge in the book just to get him off the street and out of my face.

I see "normal" open carriers occasionally and I have no problem with it/them. They may save my life one day. I do encourage them to get a good LE style level III holster and some weapons retention training if we actually have a conversation. But thats beside the point. These idiots on you tube make my blood boil.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Old 09-04-2013, 06:41 PM   #39

Liked 70 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason609 View Post
There's a difference between not supporting OC and not supporting bone heads.

There's also a difference between people that are exercising a right, and making a point (whether it be 1st or 2nd Amendment). Here's a little hint.... people exercising a right don't walk down the street with an AR slung over their shoulder while another vidoes it and then later posts it on YouTube.
While I may not agree with people that do that I support them doing so because it is their right. Explain to me how that is not exercising their because I am fairly certain that is them exercising their 1st and 2nd Amendment. We need to support EVERYONE in exercising their right because with our rights constantly under attack the last thing we need is division in the gun rights community.

Old 09-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #40

Liked 70 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGSF View Post
You have me mistaken
No I believe what he is saying is that many here choose to pick and choose what ways they support people exercising their rights. That sounds exactly like the ****ing gun grabbers to me. You obviously do support the 2nd Amendment but like quite a few here only in ways that you see necessary at least thats how I see it. We have the right to exercise it however the hell we damn well choose that is why it is called a right not a privilege.