Texas Open Carry - Page 18
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Texas Open Carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2013, 11:40 PM   #171
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2851 Times on 1689 Posts
Likes Given: 1878

and i still state....the bill of rights WAS a compromise....disagree?

Old 09-07-2013, 11:47 PM   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
Okay, I agree. But there is little discretion in the bill of rights.
the entire constitution was written to flexible....the reason it still works...or i guess in theory...SHOULD work.

i'm not against you....but history is what it is.

we have been debating the constitution and the bill of rights since it was formed. and it has to be that way....times change...people change...

i support the bill of rights 100%....i think i understand most of the intent the founding fathers had when they made it....i support almost all personal freedom that does not harm or hinder others.

but this "no compromise"..."no middle ground" BS talk....well....i would think it would make the founders roll over in their graves almost as much as obama does....

their COMPROMISE was their GENIUS! the results of their COMPROMISE is what so many of you praise (myself included).

Old 09-07-2013, 11:49 PM   #173
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7138 Times on 3910 Posts
Likes Given: 14442

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy
and i still state....the bill of rights WAS a compromise....disagree?
I don't know. But I still don't think we can further compromise on the result. "Shall not be infringed" seems final.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

rjd3282 Likes This 
Old 09-07-2013, 11:59 PM   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
I don't know. But I still don't think we can further compromise on the result. "Shall not be infringed" seems final.
yet it isn't final...and never has been since it was written....do you feel me?

i'm not saying its right...i'm saying it is.

the main point i am trying to make.....the great document you admire and quote so often...was the result of GREAT COMPROMISE!

compromise is not weakness...compromise produced the great document we admire so much....

yet no one admires compromise anymore?

Old 09-08-2013, 12:03 AM   #175
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I am the world's worst negotiator. I say I'll pay x amount, that's final. I go to a union meting and say I expect x, that's final. I like to think Madison expected the same.

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 09-08-2013, 12:19 AM   #176

Liked 2518 Times on 1131 Posts
Likes Given: 2416

Compromise to a liberal simply means you do it their way. Anybody who would compromise with liberals is just a fool. History is replete with compromises with liberals and it has gotten us nothing good in return. If you don't know history you are doomed to repeat it.

Old 09-08-2013, 12:25 AM   #177
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2200 Times on 1218 Posts
Likes Given: 280

This is all getting pretty pointless. Rights are rights until people use them to infringe on the rights of others. People who have rights also have the RESPONSIBILITY not to abuse those rights. When people abuse rights and neglect that responsibility those rights are taken from them. These guys have a right to have their rifle. When they abuse that right, they endanger the loss of that right not only to themselves but to all of us.

Lots of people are abusing that right by committing criminal acts with their firearms. They lose their rights as individuals and endanger our rights. These guys aren't that bad. But they come pretty close to it when they start refusing to ID themselves and state what their purpose is, and start purposefully trying to make police and the general public angry.

These clowns on you tube are literally right on the edge of abuse. They are toeing a line that is a sheer cliff for the rest of us. If you guys support them toeing that line of abuse, you aren't supporting their right. You are supporting their stupid behavior which endangers both their rights and your rights.

I support their right to have a gun. I do not support their behavior to be stupid with it. Because eventually they are gonna get us all screwed over. Politicians are elected by the public. The public sees an idiot on the street corner with a battle rifle and they don't like it. They call and complain to LEOs. They are told the disposition of the case is that behavior isn't against the law. So they call their politicians. Politicians don't give a crap about history or the constitution. They care about votes.

You get enough moms and grandmas calling politicians and saying you better do something about this knucklehead on the side of the road, and you are all going to regret it. Because the politicians are going to make the decision of the loudest group that gets them the votes. We should be loud in approval of responsible gun ownership which is the OPPOSITE of this STUPID behavior. "LET'S SEE IF WE CAN MAKE A COP MAD" is not socially accepted behavior. It's STUPID. And it will bite us on the arse if we do not nip it in the bud.

Peace folks. I'm out.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Last edited by DeltaF; 09-08-2013 at 12:29 AM.
hawkguy Likes This 
Old 09-08-2013, 12:33 AM   #178
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF
This is all getting pretty pointless. Rights are rights...

Peace folks. I'm out.
Couldn't agree more.

Old 09-08-2013, 01:01 AM   #179
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF
This is all getting pretty pointless. Rights are rights until people use them to infringe on the rights of others. People who have rights also have the RESPONSIBILITY not to abuse those rights. When people abuse rights and neglect that responsibility those rights are taken from them. These guys have a right to have their rifle. When they abuse that right, they endanger the loss of that right not only to themselves but to all of us.

Lots of people are abusing that right by committing criminal acts with their firearms. They lose their rights as individuals and endanger our rights. These guys aren't that bad. But they come pretty close to it when they start refusing to ID themselves and state what their purpose is, and start purposefully trying to make police and the general public angry.

These clowns on you tube are literally right on the edge of abuse. They are toeing a line that is a sheer cliff for the rest of us. If you guys support them toeing that line of abuse, you aren't supporting their right. You are supporting their stupid behavior which endangers both their rights and your rights.

I support their right to have a gun. I do not support their behavior to be stupid with it. Because eventually they are gonna get us all screwed over. Politicians are elected by the public. The public sees an idiot on the street corner with a battle rifle and they don't like it. They call and complain to LEOs. They are told the disposition of the case is that behavior isn't against the law. So they call their politicians. Politicians don't give a crap about history or the constitution. They care about votes.

You get enough moms and grandmas calling politicians and saying you better do something about this knucklehead on the side of the road, and you are all going to regret it. Because the politicians are going to make the decision of the loudest group that gets them the votes. We should be loud in approval of responsible gun ownership which is the OPPOSITE of this STUPID behavior. "LET'S SEE IF WE CAN MAKE A COP MAD" is not socially accepted behavior. It's STUPID. And it will bite us on the arse if we do not nip it in the bud.

Peace folks. I'm out.
Well said.

Always have clean socks.

Old 09-08-2013, 03:11 AM   #180

Liked 2518 Times on 1131 Posts
Likes Given: 2416

The problem here isn't the rights. The problem I have is, who gets to define "abuse". Or who get's to decide when it's abuse. If it's legal and constitutional it's not abuse, even if you don't approve.