Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Texas Open Carry

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2013, 02:00 AM   #91
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeltaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Deep South USA
Posts: 2,937
Liked 2189 Times on 1213 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282

I need to calm down? WTF? I was never not calm. I wasn't the one calling people immature little wimps. I'm not the one calling people douchebags. When you say you don't want people carrying their rifles. You most certainly are telling them which gun or type of gun is ok for them to carry. 2A doesn't say I have to carry a handgun, in fact back when 2A was written handguns weren't too common. Most carried their muskets.

These guys aren't trying to get a law changed. It is already legal for them to carry. That's why the cops shouldn't be busting their chops. What these guys are filming is cops who don't know the laws. What I don't understand is why you guys think it's ok for cop to draw a paycheck when he doesn't even know the laws he's supposed to enforce. I don't understand what part of "shall not be infringed" you don't get.
Only 1 video that I have seen actually has a cop in it who "doesn't know the law." This was in Texas where the guy is hiking in a rural area and carrying his rifle for him and his sons protection. I have absolutely no problem with the hiker. I think the cop was an embarrassment to the profession and a complete moron who did not understand the law.

There may be some other videos out there where cops messed up. Maybe. But the large majority of us have now had to sit through hours of in service training on how to deal with these activist morons without violating the constitutional rights that they are busy endangering with their idiotic behavior.

Consequentially the majority of videos I've seen have the douches looking like the cocky, irritating, pointless morons that they are and the cops are handling things very professionally, if a little irritated about having to deal with a complete idiot for so long when they have a lot of other things that they could be doing that are actually productive.

No one on this thread has said you shouldn't carry any weapon period. They haven't. And I didnt call you a wimp, I called you "an immature little punk who needed to let his balls drop and learn about the difference between bravery and cowardice in the real world" because that's what I believe is the truth about a person who would call a man a coward because he believes in being responsible with a firearm and not unnecessarily alarming the public. Age does not equal maturity and you threw the first stone. Now you want to gripe because we threw some rocks back.

Stop being a troll, putting words in peoples mouths and actually pay attention to what people are saying and maybe this can return to an intelligent discussion instead of you making emotional incoherent rants every six hours or so.
__________________
Quote:
Nobody on this thread licked anybody's bodypart.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Last edited by DeltaF; 09-06-2013 at 01:30 AM.
DeltaF is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:07 AM   #92
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeltaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Deep South USA
Posts: 2,937
Liked 2189 Times on 1213 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357

Thanks! I appreciate that. I try to keep a level head as often as possible. That doesn't always happen though (like when talk of looting military installations comes up). For what its worth, I enjoy reading your posts as well, despite my first interaction with you being an extended debate about capacity while carrying a weapon. And actually that was enjoyable too, because it seems like you try to use facts and base your arguments off of those (as well as your own experience) rather than emotion.

..... Bromance? .....
Sorry. There have been too much talk of shots to the @$$ between you me and axxe for me to use the word Bromance with either of you. The connotation would be far to unheterosexual for my juvenile mind. I do try to use facts and experience in my debates a lot. I'm glad someone noticed. I believe emotions have very little to do with debates or even intelligent discussion unless those emotions are related to a relevant experience.

P.S. To everyone reading this thread, sorry for the back to back posts. It's unfortunately necessary when trying to catch up to speed on an iPhone.
__________________
Quote:
Nobody on this thread licked anybody's bodypart.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Last edited by DeltaF; 09-05-2013 at 02:10 AM.
DeltaF is online now  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:14 AM   #93
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hawkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: austin,tx
Posts: 3,485
Liked 2303 Times on 1349 Posts
Likes Given: 1468

Default

Quote:
trip286;1358470]Open carry's biggest (and only, as far as I can tell) real advantage over CC is speed on the draw.
good point i didn't think about.


Quote:
One big argument against OC is that "you're painting a target on your back. The criminals are going to shoot you first." I FUGGING HATE this argument. There's no proof of this being a viable threat, only a very few recorded instances (most of which involve LEOs, whom fall into a whole other category from the LAC, due to professional risks), and contrarily, there have been about as many instances of Open Carry serving as a deterrent.
here we'll disagree....i think it is a very viable argument...one which could work for or against open carry....a criminal might scope the joint and think...bam, first guy to take out and then we have another gun.... or they might also think....not worth it, i'll move on.....depends i guess.

i still think it is a disadvantage compared to concealed. it does let you know who's armed versus having the element of surprise with CC (which the element of surprise is a HUGE advantage in a firefight)...

and i think it opens up for a bold on to "make a grab" at your gun.....if they don't know you have one, they are less likely to physically engage you to get it AND they don't know where it is....you do! again...element of surprise in a dangerous situation is a great advantage imo.

and CC creates an atmosphere where criminals will never know who is armed and who isn't....

Quote:
Another argument against it, is just about the same argument that's been beaten like a dead horse here, "You're just looking for attention and playing Mr. Macho Man. You must think you're Rambo or some ****." Now, I can't stand the turds who are out looking for a confrontation with LEO while having their long gun strapped across their back. As you've read Robo's comments and supporting posts on "flaunting", I'll cut that part short and simply say I agree with him (actually, I posted about it myself on the first page of this thread). But, and this is a line I've used before almost verbatim, "The single dad in the grocery store's drink mix section, discussing with his 7 year old kid which flavor Kool-Aid goes best with fried chicken, is NOT the guy out looking to be a social media/youtube star." He simply is using the means available to protect himself and that which he loves.
i would only use this argument IF the person carrying openly has NO VALID REASON TO CARRY IT....if it is for defense, i think it is a disadvantage overall, but i don't think that the person necessarily is trying to be "macho man"

carrying a long gun (or any gun) on you that you have no intention to use....that falls into "macho man BS" imo....or political grandstanding...take your pick...but imo both are childish reasons to carry a gun.

even in cali....where everyone knew you could only open carry a UNLOADED firearm? PLEASE tell me how that makes ANY damn sense? again...no purpose, just showing off!

Quote:
Now, without getting into a pro/con discussion; because I get very vehement, and quite frankly, mean, over it. I feel personally insulted when people question my actions without knowing my reasoning, but ESPECIALLY mad when people fling accusations at me about my reasoning, or what they suppose to be my reasonings, so, I'll leave off with this: Does it matter? Unless someone is causing a public disturbance, does it really matter?
this is likely directed at someone else, but i would never try to make any debate personal. i always try to speak my mind in a polite manner...if that offends someone, i will not apologize if i have stated my opinion respectfully (which i always try hard to do). i don't disagree with open carry with purpose (in some instances, it is necessary)...but i do disagree with open carry for NO PURPOSE. and i'll stand by that.
__________________
hawkguy is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:15 AM   #94
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SSGSF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The best place in the world,TEXAS by God
Posts: 1,056
Liked 464 Times on 288 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282

What gives local governments the right to ignore the constitution? Those are illegal laws. So I guess the men at the Boston Tea Party were just a$$hats then.
What state do you live in ?
Do you not follow the state laws or are you just special.
Sense the the Boston tea party happened in 1773 and the constitution was written in 1787. That argument does not work .
__________________

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"

SSGSF is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:18 AM   #95
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lima,Ohio
Posts: 2,674
Liked 2140 Times on 968 Posts
Likes Given: 2079

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
Only 1 video that I have seen actually has a cop in it who "doesn't know the law." This was in Texas where the guy is hiking in a rural area and carrying his rifle for him and his sons protection. I have absolutely no problem with the hiker. I think the cop was an embarrassment to the profession and a complete moron who did not understand the law.

There may be some other videos out there where cops messed up. Maybe. But the large majority of us have now had to sit through hours of in service training on how to deal with these activist morons without violating the constitutional rights that they are busy endangering with their idiotic behavior.

Consequentially the majority of videos I've seen have the douches looking like the cocky, irritating, pointless morons that they are and the cops are handling things very professionally, if a little irritated about having to deal with a complete idiot for so long when they have a lot of other things that they could be doing that are actually productive.

No one on this thread has said you shouldn't carry any weapon period. They haven't. And I didnt call you a wimp, I called you "an immature little punk who needed to let his balls drop and learn about the difference between bravery and cowardice in the real world" because that's what I believe that's the truth about a person who would call a man a coward because he believes in being responsible with a firearm and not unnecessarily alarming the public. Age does not equal maturity and you threw the first stone. Now you want to gripe because we threw some rocks back.

Stop being a troll, putting words in peoples mouths and actually pay attention to what people are saying and maybe this can return to an intelligent discussion instead of you making emotional incoherent rants every six hours or so.

Talk about putting words into peoples mouths. I never once said that you believed people shouldn't carry any weapons.

"Your logic is, you're to cowardly to stand up for your rights so anyone else that does is just crazy and looking for attention. Really sad." I never called you a coward either. Read it again. I said YOUR LOGIC is. And you are still calling me and others names. Talk about immature. You can't back up your stance so you resort to name calling. But with all the internet bravado I'm getting from you maybe cowardly could be applied to you.
__________________
rjd3282 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:21 AM   #96
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeltaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Deep South USA
Posts: 2,937
Liked 2189 Times on 1213 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Default

Should have known better to attempt an intelligent discussion. I'm done with this stupidity. Have the last word if you wish.

__________________
Quote:
Nobody on this thread licked anybody's bodypart.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."
DeltaF is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:22 AM   #97
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hawkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: austin,tx
Posts: 3,485
Liked 2303 Times on 1349 Posts
Likes Given: 1468

Default

i love the ignore list....such a great feature.....

__________________
hawkguy is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:30 AM   #98
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeltaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Deep South USA
Posts: 2,937
Liked 2189 Times on 1213 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

If I get pulled over and issued a warning for a traffic violation, I would assume it gets noted on my "permanent record", since I did actually violate a law. In a case involving no violation of law, why would the officer need to add the report to my "permanent record"?
At my office there is no record at all kept for traffic warnings. This is the way its normally done in this whole region. There may be some exceptions in other states or areas but nowhere ive ever been has tracking warnings been the norm to my knowledge.

Every time you come into contact with a cop in a situation where he has been dispatched to your location, whether you are the victim, complainant or the subject of the report, he documents your name. It's an inter-office thing that is done for convenience, and to keep a record of the interaction in case it goes to court. It can also help to cover the officers butt in case he is complained on.

You are probably thinking of "criminal record" and if a criminal charge is pressed that report does indeed go to court.

It's not a big deal. Just something that has to be done in case something does go to court. It also helps us document patterns in criminal cases and solve related crimes.

If I document X as the subject of a man with a gun complaint and a cop the next day is trying to write the same type of report with the same person, he can read my report and see what my interaction with the guy was. After a certain amount of time the report will be buried on the archives and won't come up with just a cursory search.

If it never goes to court, chances are no one outside of the office will ever see it. And neither will anyone who works for the office except for the officer writing it and the supervisor approving it. Unless your name comes up again in another report before the original one gets buried in the archives.
__________________
Quote:
Nobody on this thread licked anybody's bodypart.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Last edited by DeltaF; 09-05-2013 at 02:46 AM.
DeltaF is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:51 AM   #99
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lima,Ohio
Posts: 2,674
Liked 2140 Times on 968 Posts
Likes Given: 2079

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGSF View Post
What state do you live in ?
Do you not follow the state laws or are you just special.
Sense the the Boston tea party happened in 1773 and the constitution was written in 1787. That argument does not work .
I live in Ohio it's right there for everyone to see. Ohio has open carry and concealed carry. In fact The Ohio constitution forbids local authorities from making such laws.

The date of the Tea Party has nothing to do with the point. The point was there were lot's of people who felt those involved were trouble makers and just wanted attention. You never know, todays douchebags may be tomorrows heroes.
__________________
rjd3282 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:52 AM   #100
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lima,Ohio
Posts: 2,674
Liked 2140 Times on 968 Posts
Likes Given: 2079

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
Should have known better to attempt an intelligent discussion. I'm done with this stupidity. Have the last word if you wish.
I think I will. If you are what passes for law enforcement now, we are in serious trouble.
__________________
rjd3282 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
A open carry and concealed carry holster review jeffkaiser1989 Firearm Accessories & Gear 0 07-23-2013 02:49 PM
Texas proposed Open Carry Bill... BPNovum Legal and Activism 3 01-28-2013 07:39 PM
Texas is one step closer to open carry! truevil1313 Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 59 07-21-2011 05:45 AM
To Open Carry Supporters in Texas user4 Politics, Religion and Controversy 3 02-05-2009 01:26 PM
Thousands sign petition to make Texas an open-carry state sculker The Club House 5 06-29-2008 06:03 PM