Texas Man Sentensed to 40 Years - Page 22
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Texas Man Sentensed to 40 Years


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2012, 02:28 PM   #211
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,427
Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus

You're right Mike, all that matters is the law. This guy was convicted by a jury of his peers and sentenced to 40 years. I guess the law has spoken about this incident.

You also might want to avoid the personal insults if you want to stick around.
What a jury concludes may not always follow the law. This case being a prime example of opinion over law.

Thanks for the heads up. You may want to get the full story before dealing out warnings bud. Plus my insult was a blanket statement not "personal" as you stated. Attention to detail is everything

Scientist say as his humans get older they start to slip into adolescence more and more.
MikeJK is offline  
 
Old 07-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #212
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,922
Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK View Post
What a jury concludes may not always follow the law. This case being a prime example of opinion over law.
Just spitballing here but I am gonna guess that you have never served on a jury. Jurors are given explicit instructions on how the law applies in the specific case in front of them and are specifically instructed not to let personal opinions tarnish their decision. If this is not done the attorneys and judge have not done their job very well.

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. You may want to get the full story before dealing out warnings bud. Plus my insult was a blanket statement not "personal" as you stated. Attention to detail is everything

Scientist say as his humans get older they start to slip into adolescence more and more.
How old are you, punk?
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Old 07-04-2012, 03:20 PM   #213
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 258
Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts

Default

Jury instructions is one of those NEW inventions to further take our freedom. Judges craft jury instructions in such a way as to gaurantee the out come they want. Staments like, "if youconclude that thedefendant did such and so you must vote guilty", aretotally prejudicial and are frequently found in jury instructions. Jury instrctions should not be allowed, they violate the whole purpose of jury. Look up NULLIFICATION, juries not only are supposed to decide facts but they also are responsible for determining whether a law should even exhist.

The fact that you even mention jury instructions, goes to show what a bunch of SHEEPLE, you all have become.
triggerjob is offline  
 
Old 07-04-2012, 03:22 PM   #214
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 6,165
Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK View Post
Thanks for the heads up . You're not the brightest star in the sky are you.



You would of withdrawn yourself from the situation to retrieve a firearm then returned? The wife asked me what was so funny. Thank you for that. I needed a laugh.



Watch the video again. He never made mention of the fact he was armed until the first guy broke free of his friends grasp and charged him. That was well w/i the law. In fact it is taught in CC classes.

Maybe 3 guys jumping him wasn't enough? Should he have waited/restrained himself for the 4th or 5th. There were plenty of others who looked more than willing to jump int and help their drunk, aggressive buddies.
NOTDKU, are we certain ^^THIS^^ guy is not GLOCK17OD under a new avatar?

Mike - your juvenile rantings and sorry insults remind me of the character Biff from the old Back To the Future Movies.

Law Student? BS:
Married? BS
Disabled Vet? BS

...and for the record, the correct insult is "brightest bulb in the box", you sound really goofey when you get it wrong.

I suppose your retort will be another Biffism? Funny as a screen door on a Battle Ship?
Tackleberry1 is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-04-2012, 03:34 PM   #215
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,427
Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Just spitballing here but I am gonna guess that you have never served on a jury. Jurors are given explicit instructions on how the law applies in the specific case in front of them and are specifically instructed not to let personal opinions tarnish their decision. If this is not done the attorneys and judge have not done their job very well.

How old are you, punk?
Read triggers post below.

Old enough to have served to defend the rights and laws being ignored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerjob
Jury instructions is one of those NEW inventions to further take our freedom. Judges craft jury instructions in such a way as to gaurantee the out come they want. Staments like, "if youconclude that thedefendant did such and so you must vote guilty", aretotally prejudicial and are frequently found in jury instructions. Jury instrctions should not be allowed, they violate the whole purpose of jury. Look up NULLIFICATION, juries not only are supposed to decide facts but they also are responsible for determining whether a law should even exhist.

The fact that you even mention jury instructions, goes to show what a bunch of SHEEPLE, you all have become.
Good post trigger.
MikeJK is offline  
 
Old 07-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #216
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,427
Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

NOTDKU, are we certain ^^THIS^^ guy is not GLOCK17OD under a new avatar?

Mike - your juvenile rantings and sorry insults remind me of the character Biff from the old Back To the Future Movies.

Law Student? BS:
Married? BS
Disabled Vet? BS

...and for the record, the correct insult is "brightest bulb in the box", you sound really goofey when you get it wrong.

I suppose your retort will be another Biffism? Funny as a screen door on a Battle Ship?
You're one to talk. I believe you and your cronies are the ones who started the aggression and name calling. After reading your comments toward the ruling in question I'm not surprised that you got the events here mixed up .

Brightest bulb in the box, sharpest pencil, etc. and whatever. There are numerous versions of that phrase. Just like your opinion on the verdict you're trying to dictate right and wrong based on opinion.

Disabled Combat Veteran w/ the 10th Mountain Division C. Co. 1-87 Infantry, married to a beautiful woman and raising an extremely handsome and intelligent son all while attending classes on a full-time basis under the G.I. Bill (chapter 30). Lol.

Retort? Nope, fact. That's the issue here. People are passing judgment based on opinion rather than fact. I have spoken nothing but fact.
MikeJK is offline  
 
Old 07-04-2012, 04:14 PM   #217
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rochester WI,Rochester WI
Posts: 19,236
Liked 6788 Times on 3608 Posts
Likes Given: 506

Default

since you guys have decided to wack each other in the knees instead of reporting offensive posts and dodge the actual issue this thread is done.
__________________
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent
JonM is offline  
pantherBDC Likes This 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
After 6 years... evo9guy AR-15 Discussion 15 07-02-2012 03:58 PM
Only took 32 years to get it. BenLuby The Club House 19 10-19-2011 11:26 PM
25 years ago MobileMarine Politics, Religion and Controversy 2 09-27-2011 08:12 PM
Deadly Fires in Texas & Texas State Rifle Assoc. Members american121 Legal and Activism 1 09-12-2011 05:04 AM
Eight years ago right now..... canebrake Politics, Religion and Controversy 20 09-12-2009 04:37 AM



Newest Threads