Texas Man Sentensed to 40 Years - Page 20
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Texas Man Sentensed to 40 Years

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2012, 06:08 AM   #191
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts

going across the street and armed to tell some drunks that their music is too loud and then killing one and wounding some others, isn't.

Well unless, of course, 3 of them jump you from behind.

Old 07-04-2012, 06:17 AM   #192
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

I have read many posts that say there is no evidence that he brandished or showed his gun but TEN SECONDS INTO THE VIDEO ONE OF THE DRUNKS YELLS "YOU JUST PULLED A GUN ON THE WRONG MOTHERFUGGERS"

I don't know about you guys but to me that means he might have shown his gun. Just sayin'.

Also, I can't hear and damned music at all, let alone loud music. Is it just me?
People Like This 
Old 07-04-2012, 06:19 AM   #193
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerjob View Post
going across the street and armed to tell some drunks that their music is too loud and then killing one and wounding some others, isn't.

Well unless, of course, 3 of them jump you from behind.
they jumped him because the idiot was carrying a gun! he either had told them he was carrying or it was visible, which in Texas is a violation of the CC laws.

had he went CC, asked them to turn the music down, they started cussing and threatening him then jumped him, not knowing he was carrying, that's a key factor here, then defended his person, i might be of the mind to have some sympathy and see reasonable doubt and have found him not guilty. but it's clear they did know, because by their word and actions, because one even said he could come back just as equal in firepower. so it's reasonable to believe he either told them he was armed or they saw his gun. that IMO takes resonable doubt out of the equation and i see a man looking for a confrontation.

Old 07-04-2012, 06:22 AM   #194
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I have read many posts that say there is no evidence that he brandished or showed his gun but TEN SECONDS INTO THE VIDEO ONE OF THE DRUNKS YELLS "YOU JUST PULLED A GUN ON THE WRONG MOTHERFUGGERS"

I don't know about you guys but to me that means he might have shown his gun. Just sayin'.

Also, I can't hear and damned music at all, let alone loud music. Is it just me?
thank you Vikingdad for hearing the same thing i heard. i heard some drunks hollering at him, but i don't remember any music.

Old 07-04-2012, 06:26 AM   #195

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts

There is one thing you guys all seem to be missing here.

Whether rodriguez is a murderer or not, the dead guy is STILL DEAD. He would probly be alive if he wasn't an a-hole.

In all likelyhood they are both a-holes, the neighborhood is lucky to be rid of them both.

Old 07-04-2012, 06:32 AM   #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerjob View Post
There is one thing you guys all seem to be missing here.

Whether rodriguez is a murderer or not, the dead guy is STILL DEAD. He would probly be alive if he wasn't an a-hole.

In all likelyhood they are both a-holes, the neighborhood is lucky to be rid of them both.
So is that a vote for killing the dude and a vote for 40 years in the Big House? Harsh!

Old 07-04-2012, 06:34 AM   #197

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusTFirefly
and since when is it wise to confront a bunch of testosterone filled youth, who've been drinking at a house party, and expect them to be reasonable, rational and obliging? "oh, yes sir, we're verrry sorry, we'll turn the music way down for you"

Knowing the state of mind and attitude of the person(s) you're confronting, should factor in HEAVILY into the decision making process of said confrontation.
Is it illegal to stand on the side of the street on the phone w/ a 911 dispatcher? Is it illegal to attack someone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1
These damn fireworks are pissing me off! That's it, grabing my pistol and video camera and heading out to tell the hooligans to knock it off!

Think I'll quote some "stand your ground" laws while I'm at it. Yeah yeah, that'll work.

Oh crap, WA does not have if yet! I know, hey Mike, can I borrow your Internet CCW Holder badge? We know you got one!

Tack
I don't think anyone would have to worry very much being on the muzzle end if you're behind the trigger.

Hold on guys let me grab my weapons vice, table, and a chair. Now don't move while I take aim. Shake, shake, shake, rattle, rattle, FSP every which way but steady or on target.

Old 07-04-2012, 06:35 AM   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
thank you Vikingdad for hearing the same thing i heard. i heard some drunks hollering at him, but i don't remember any music.
Yeah, I have heard parties with loud music before, and this was not one where I think it would have kept me up at night let alone gotten me out of bed to hunt down the a-holes (judging strictly from the audio recorded by Rodrigues.)

Old 07-04-2012, 06:36 AM   #199

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

I can hear the music and I receive a check every month from the VA for my hearing loss

I can people yelling outside my house right now. Should I cower in my house or see if there might be a problem?

Old 07-04-2012, 06:39 AM   #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK View Post
I can hear the music and I receive a check every month from the VA for my hearing loss

I can people yelling outside my house right now. Should I cower in my house or see if there might be a problem?
Yeah, and are you sure that the music and the yelling aren't inside yer head? That's the more likely scenario.
axxe55 Likes This 
Closed Thread