Texas Man Sentensed to 40 Years - Page 19
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Texas Man Sentensed to 40 Years

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2012, 05:10 AM   #181
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
WOW...you clearly spell it out and he still does not get it.

Ok Lil Mikey, pay attention...DJ is the carrot...to draw you back in.

Tack is the stick...to thump you like those puppets in the whack a mole game at Chuck E Cheese.

This case was never about what dumb dumb did after he was attacked, it was about his obvious set up of a situation in search of his U Tube moment and the putz winds up taking a life...sure hope it was worth it.

Tack
Thanks for the heads up . You're not the brightest star in the sky are you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etbob9 View Post
In Georgia, we have no, brandishing laws. We can carry a weapon openly
if we have a Georgia Weapons Carry License. As I understand it, Texas
does not allow open carry of firearms. Somehow the group of people the
moron approached knew he had a gun! They responded as I would have
responded and retrieved a firearm to defend themselves
. What happened
after that was a result of the moron approaching them in a threatening
manner.

I don't think he got the sentence he should have. I think he should have
gotten life with no possibility of parole. We don't need his mentality on
the streets!
You would of withdrawn yourself from the situation to retrieve a firearm then returned? The wife asked me what was so funny. Thank you for that. I needed a laugh.

Quote:
State and local LEOs are bound by their State and local laws. In Texas,
concealed means concealed with no printing allowed. That is only my
interpretation of the law. In my opinion, the moron had no right to
make a deadly threat, verbally or physically
, or by insinuation over a
mere disturbance of the peace situation.

We, as citizens with the right to carry firearms to defend ourselves,
must maintain the discipline to restrain from allowing a situation to
develop into a confrontation if at all possible
. If this requires that we
turn and walk away, then that is exactly what we should do. If we
can safely run away from a confrontation, then we should do so. I
just can't think of anything worse than taking a human life! You may
feel differently about this, but if you do, maybe you just haven't
lived long enough to realize the value of life.

Deadly force must be a last resort measure and we must prepare
ourselves to recognize the need and act accordingly. Just my feeble
thoughts on the matter. You can totally ruin your life in one errant
heartbeat.
Watch the video again. He never made mention of the fact he was armed until the first guy broke free of his friends grasp and charged him. That was well w/i the law. In fact it is taught in CC classes.

Maybe 3 guys jumping him wasn't enough? Should he have waited/restrained himself for the 4th or 5th. There were plenty of others who looked more than willing to jump int and help their drunk, aggressive buddies.

Last edited by MikeJK; 07-04-2012 at 05:13 AM.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:14 AM   #182

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts

Axxe,
yes

Incidently, just on a sidenote I used to live across the street from a frat house that partied all the time, one night I had had enough as they say. So I walked over and KILLED them all with a shotgun.

LOL,
No I called LAPD to complain and the dispatcher asked me "Did you go over and ask them to calm the party down?"
After I was done laughing I said "no",
The dispatcher replied, they had had other complaints about the house but were too busy to send a car.

So I waited another 30 minutes and called and said, I saw people with a gun yelling in the street in front of the house. 3 minutes later 4 or 5 cop cars were there thumping drunks like crazy it WAS awesome,

The frat house shut down within a month and peace returned to the neighborhood!!!

Old 07-04-2012, 05:23 AM   #183

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 7

When you show up to a confrontation displaying a firearm, whether it's legal or not, you're automatically escalating things up a notch from the get-go (and a level that might be hard to DE-escalate from) Sorry MikeJK, but you're looking at this story totally from the wrong perspective. The guy in the video almost seemed like he wanted the scene to escalate, just so he could use use his weapon. His voice is too calm for someone that supposedly is in fear for his life. Sorry, just not buying it.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:26 AM   #184

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
State and local LEOs are bound by their State and local laws. In Texas,
concealed means concealed with no printing allowed. That is only my
interpretation of the law. In my opinion, the moron had no right to
make a deadly threat, verbally or physically, or by insinuation over a
mere disturbance of the peace situation.

We, as citizens with the right to carry firearms to defend ourselves,
must maintain the discipline to restrain from allowing a situation to
develop into a confrontation if at all possible. If this requires that we
turn and walk away, then that is exactly what we should do. If we
can safely run away from a confrontation, then we should do so. I
just can't think of anything worse than taking a human life! You may
feel differently about this, but if you do, maybe you just haven't
lived long enough to realize the value of life.

Deadly force must be a last resort measure and we must prepare
ourselves to recognize the need and act accordingly. Just my feeble
thoughts on the matter. You can totally ruin your life in one errant
heartbeat.
Well, you got me by 15-16 years. I'm a young 48 year old disabled guy. I guess I am too young after all.

All I'm saying is I don't see enough in the information provided me to say he was a murder. I did not see him on their property. I did not see how he could hold all three things he is expected to be holding (Cam, phone, gun). And after he warned these people to stay away from him (in the middle of a public road) and he was armed they rushed him laughing. Though I can see nothing to be laughing about other than the idea of being drunk and wanting to hurt the that young man (If 48 is too young then I'm guessing the 47 yr old shooter is as well). I keep saying I think more info is needed to come to a more educated conclusion. I'm not willing to say this man is a murder until I see that info. I guess that's the curse of being some young punk that just can't seem to jump to a conclusion. But guilty until proven otherwise often does work in the court of public opinion.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

MikeJK Likes This 
Old 07-04-2012, 05:38 AM   #185

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusTFirefly View Post
When you show up to a confrontation displaying a firearm, whether it's legal or not, you're automatically escalating things up a notch from the get-go (and a level that might be hard to DE-escalate from) Sorry MikeJK, but you're looking at this story totally from the wrong perspective. The guy in the video almost seemed like he wanted the scene to escalate, just so he could use use his weapon. His voice is too calm for someone that supposedly is in fear for his life. Sorry, just not buying it.
When did he display a firearm?

Seemed? Opinion or fact?

His voice was calm. Are you a screamer? I'm not. His voice displayed plenty of fear. And anyway the display of fear is perception. Does everyone display/convey the same amount of fear in similar situations? Nope. It varies from person to person. I've seen guys seem perfectly fine during the heat of a situation only to shake like a leaf when it was over.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:41 AM   #186

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

and since when is it wise to confront a bunch of testosterone filled youth, who've been drinking at a house party, and expect them to be reasonable, rational and obliging? "oh, yes sir, we're verrry sorry, we'll turn the music way down for you"

Knowing the state of mind and attitude of the person(s) you're confronting, should factor in HEAVILY into the decision making process of said confrontation.

Last edited by RufusTFirefly; 07-04-2012 at 05:49 AM.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:42 AM   #187
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21436 Times on 12170 Posts
Likes Given: 53431

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerjob View Post
Axxe,
yes

Incidently, just on a sidenote I used to live across the street from a frat house that partied all the time, one night I had had enough as they say. So I walked over and KILLED them all with a shotgun.

LOL,
No I called LAPD to complain and the dispatcher asked me "Did you go over and ask them to calm the party down?"
After I was done laughing I said "no",
The dispatcher replied, they had had other complaints about the house but were too busy to send a car.

So I waited another 30 minutes and called and said, I saw people with a gun yelling in the street in front of the house. 3 minutes later 4 or 5 cop cars were there thumping drunks like crazy it WAS awesome,

The frat house shut down within a month and peace returned to the neighborhood!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusTFirefly View Post
nothing wrong with going over to someones house and asking them to turn their music down, sometimes they don't realize how loud it is. i have lived in many places where i have had to ask someone to hold the noise down. i didn't go wearing a gun! if that didn't work, then a call to LE usually solved the problem.

i agree with Rufus, him going over there with a gun was looking for a confrontation, and he got one. IMO, he used tried to use the phone calls and the video as "evidence" his life was in danger.

being attacked by a mugger while walking down the street and killing him is self defence. going across the street and armed to tell some drunks that their music is too loud and then killing one and wounding some others, isn't.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:43 AM   #188

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK View Post
When did he display a firearm?

Seemed? Opinion or fact?

His voice was calm. Are you a screamer? I'm not. His voice displayed plenty of fear. And anyway the display of fear is perception. Does everyone display/convey the same amount of fear in similar situations? Nope. It varies from person to person. I've seen guys seem perfectly fine during the heat of a situation only to shake like a leaf when it was over.
The partygoers obviously knew he had one... somehow

Opinion

The guy had LOTS of options.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:55 AM   #189

Liked 4726 Times on 2285 Posts
Likes Given: 1453

These damn fireworks are pissing me off! That's it, grabing my pistol and video camera and heading out to tell the hooligans to knock it off!

Think I'll quote some "stand your ground" laws while I'm at it. Yeah yeah, that'll work.

Oh crap, WA does not have if yet! I know, hey Mike, can I borrow your Internet CCW Holder badge? We know you got one!

Tack

Old 07-04-2012, 06:02 AM   #190
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 27 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
Well, you got me by 15-16 years. I'm a young 48 year old disabled guy. I guess I am too young after all.

All I'm saying is I don't see enough in the information provided me to say he was a murder. I did not see him on their property. I did not see how he could hold all three things he is expected to be holding (Cam, phone, gun). And after he warned these people to stay away from him (in the middle of a public road) and he was armed they rushed him laughing. Though I can see nothing to be laughing about other than the idea of being drunk and wanting to hurt the that young man (If 48 is too young then I'm guessing the 47 yr old shooter is as well). I keep saying I think more info is needed to come to a more educated conclusion. I'm not willing to say this man is a murder until I see that info. I guess that's the curse of being some young punk that just can't seem to jump to a conclusion. But guilty until proven otherwise often does work in the court of public opinion.
I didn't convict him. A jury of his peers saw all the evidence and found him
guilty of murder. I heard the tapes and only concurred with the jury's
verdict. I just didn't agree with the sentence. I don't want him to ever walk
among the law abiding public again. Ever! That's all.

Bob

GeorgiaCarry.Org (GCO)

Closed Thread