Texas Man Sentensed to 40 Years - Page 11
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Texas Man Sentensed to 40 Years

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2012, 03:15 AM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockRenegade
Its not anyones right to enforce laws except for LEOs....
What about legitimate citizens arrest?

Old 07-03-2012, 03:24 AM   #102

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody63m View Post
Their is a diffrence between useing a gun to stop some drunks playing music to loud and using a gun to stop or prevent a rape or murder or robbery
So what do you call using a firearm to defend yourself against 3 guys when they attack you?

Old 07-03-2012, 05:58 AM   #103
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 154 Times on 91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK

So what do you call using a firearm to defend yourself against 3 guys when they attack you?
I call it looking for trouble and trying to hide behind the law

Old 07-03-2012, 06:35 AM   #104

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody63m View Post
I call it looking for trouble and trying to hide behind the law
LOL. So the father of the Mormon family that lived next door to my roommate and I 10+ years ago that knocked on my door to ask me to turn down the surround sound was looking for trouble? I guess my roommate and I had the right to attack him from what you're advocating.

Old 07-03-2012, 06:43 AM   #105

Liked 154 Times on 91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK

LOL. So the father of the Mormon family that lived next door to my roommate and I 10+ years ago that knocked on my door to ask me to turn down the surround sound was looking for trouble? I guess my roommate and I had the right to attack him from what you're advocating.
Look everybody is entitled to their own opinion and i dont really feel like arguing anymore this thread is losing my intrest so im goi g to remove myself from it have a nice day

Old 07-03-2012, 06:44 AM   #106
Lifetime Supporting Member

Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Is it just me or am I the only one who cannot hear loud music in the video?

Also, 10 seconds into the video one of the partiers yells "You just pulled a gun on the wrong mothereffers." Apparently he had shown his gun at that point.

He should have waited for the cops to show up and then talked to them. 40 years? I think that is a little excessive but obviously the jury thought differently.

Old 07-03-2012, 06:48 AM   #107

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK View Post
Apples and Oranges Mike,

I appreciate you looking at the law and arguing for the citizen shooter but buddy, come on...

The vast majority of gun toting members here see serious errors in this guys judgement and find no fault with the verdict.

If you can't get 11 other jurors behind you at FTF with this argument, how could possibly expect a random jury to come to any different conclusion?

I can only speak for myself when I say that carrying a gun, which I've done daily for 17 years, is not a good idea for folks looking to prove something, as I believe this fellow was.

Tack
People Like This 
Old 07-03-2012, 08:53 AM   #108

Likes Given: 87

"well if he had done the proper thing and kept himself on his own property and let the police do their job instead of thinking he was one, it would have been no need for him to defend himself from being jumped from behind, because he wouldn't have been there in the first place! "
So if I leave my house to go to Wal-Mart where there might be a confrontation, I then should leave my gun at home? Isn't this why a gun is carried?
Yes the man should have said his piece and left, he was wrong for sticking around.
The video cam was there to document the whole ordeal so he would have a record (evidence) of what happened, but he did not leave after he told them to be quiet. If you talk with a cop or a judge they will tell you to video tape what is going on after you do not get the satisfaction that you need ie calling the police.
I see the liberals having a field day by reading this thread and saying that even gun owners think you should not carry because it escalates the problem and that a man with a gun is no better than the drunks he was confronting.
I do not leave my house without my gun. I carry at home and wherever I go out of the house because that confrontation may arise and I might need it to defend myself or my family or yours. If I get jumped by someone from behind and it's not friendly then I am going to shoot.
Drunks are the kind that will turn down the music until the cop leaves and the back up it goes and sometimes louder.
I agree that loud music is no reason to kill over, out numbered and in a "public roadway" and being jumped from behind is reason for self defense.
From what I have read here tonight is leave my gun at home, stay on my own property, keep to myself and be a whimp and depend on someone else to handle my problems, (cops) and we wonder why the government has so much power.Can someone please tell me when the law that was set up by our founding fathers was actually taken out of the peoples hands and was gave to the government?
I was taught from a very early age to handle the problem myself, be a responsible man and take care of it, but be smart and courteous and if that does not work then call in the authorities.
I believe that a person that owns a firearm must set the standard and be 100% thinking and aware all the time, and not to give into the mindset that we are tougher than the rest because we do have the right and payed our money to legally carry a firearm.
Lets hope that Jim and Sarah Brady does not see the comments here, for if they do they will have a sure case to take our guns away from us. The ammunition they need can come from either a shooter or the comments that pro gun people say more so than what anti gunners say. The best way to fight the system is use what they do and say against them.
"i have strong reasons to believe that thinking like yours, threatens the cause of stand your ground laws and CC. with your type of thinking, you are more a liability than an asset to the cause."
I like the rest of you do not know all the facts behind this case I am more worried about the thoughts being put down on this thread and I am in sheer shock about how dare he leave his property with a gun and how he tried to resolve this problem after calling the police at least twice. Am I the only one that carries everywhere? Are there only a few people left in this USA that try to resolve problems?
My gun is always with me but it's the last resort, my Alamo, because after I say what I have to say then it's up to whomever to resolve the situation, I walk off. If you decide to retaliate by violence you get what you wanted then.
I have read a lot of sig lines that sounds tough and ready and then people post wimpy stuff, walking contradictions.
I am getting down from my soap box.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:26 AM   #109

Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

^^ lmao ^^

Old 07-03-2012, 10:27 AM   #110

Likes Given: 87

Its not anyones right to enforce laws except for LEOs....
since when? Besides the man did not arrest anybody nor did he threaten to.

Closed Thread