Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Texas is Great (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/texas-great-1805/)

notdku 08-24-2007 11:18 PM

Texas is Great

Read in my local paper today that Texas just passed three new gun laws.

1. Castle Doctrine; New law that gives you the right to shoot any intruder without trying to retreat or use any other method of defense or flight before killing them.
2. New law making it illegal for any Gov't official to confiscate guns for any reasons from citizens even during a disaster.
3. Move from 5 to 10 year renewal on your CHL.

Etho 08-24-2007 11:35 PM

You forgot completely clearing up the traveling issues after they thought they did the first time but D.A.'s were still saying arrest them and we'll prosecute them.

bkt 08-26-2007 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notdku (Post 7168)
Read in my local paper today that Texas just passed three new gun laws.

1. Castle Doctrine; New law that gives you the right to shoot any intruder without trying to retreat or use any other method of defense or flight before killing them.

As it should be. Never, ever retreat. Always pursue.

Quote:

2. New law making it illegal for any Gov't official to confiscate guns for any reasons from citizens even during a disaster.

That's great, but one wonders what might happen if the feds were to step in.

Quote:

3. Move from 5 to 10 year renewal on your CHL.

Good, but not great. Even New York has a good-for-life CCW permit.

HadEmAll 11-05-2007 04:58 PM

The only one I'm not crazy about is #3. I LIKED renewing my CHL. Enjoyed the shooting, and the class. It kept you up to date on major/minor changes in the penal code. And the person who ran the class I used was pretty entertaining. I could still do it I suppose.

But in general, I agree, Texas is great.

HadEmAll 11-05-2007 04:59 PM

"Always pursue."

Well, at least stand your ground. Pursuing can get you in trouble, even in Texas.

pioneer461 11-06-2007 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkt (Post 7308)
As it should be. Never, ever retreat. Always pursue.

Although I may agree with the intent of what you say, never say never. Tactical considerations sometimes dictates retreat. Of course the best way to win a gun fight, is to avoid a gun fight.

robocop10mm 11-07-2007 08:43 PM

Texas

If you cannot avoid a gun fight, The best way to win a gun fight is to not get shot. If you have to retreat to a position of cover from which to engage that is a great option.

According to the FBI's analysis of Officer involved shootings over the last 10 years, the best way to survive a gun fight is to first seek cover. They did not stress "Win" but, rather survive. In my book any gun fight you survive is a win. You can have two winners or two losers.