Texas Father To Be Charged For Killing Drunk Driver Who Killed His Kids - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Texas Father To Be Charged For Killing Drunk Driver Who Killed His Kids

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 06:24 AM   #31
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8283 Times on 4787 Posts
Likes Given: 10716

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Ya know, some of the folks that thought their government didn't have a right to kill Al Awlaki with a drone because he didn't get a trial, now want to kill a drunk driver without a trial.

Huh??????l.:confused :
Well, if Al Awlaki had gotten all liquored up and ran into the Presidential limo as Sasha and Malia were pushing it up Pennsylvania Avenue late at night because Barack ran out of gas, then Obama calls out a drone strike on Awlaki wherever he might flee to then perhaps you might have a point.

Until then STFU.

That clear up your confusion?

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:27 AM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Did the father commit a crime? Yes, he did. Should he be tried? Yes he should. He should also be sentenced to half of what the drunk driver would have gotten. Suspend his license for 6 months and give him credit for time served. I know what the law says he should get, but let's have a little justice for a change.

Old 02-17-2013, 12:40 PM   #33

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Thank you to locust and Yunus.

I dont even need to post here, you guys got it covered already

I know what the dad went through was tough. I mean thats obvious. But he didnt have a right to do what he did. Do I sympathise? Of course! Would I have done the same? Maybe...hope I never have to find out.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Last edited by BigByrd47119; 02-17-2013 at 12:43 PM.
locutus Likes This 
Old 02-17-2013, 02:24 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5752 Times on 3253 Posts
Likes Given: 5186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

Until then STFU.

That clear up your confusion?
Yep. but with a quite a bit of disappointment.

I've disagreed with you from time to time, but I never thought you would become such an extreme hypocrite.

I believe that I have arrested more drunk drivers than you have even seen. I don't make excuses for them.

My post was to point out the HYPOCRISY of those who believe a terrorist in a foreign country is entitled to the full protection of the constitution, but a drunk driver in the U.S. should be summarily executed. That carries hypocrisy to new levels.

Shame on you!

Winston Churchill
BigByrd47119 Likes This 
Old 02-17-2013, 02:31 PM   #35

Liked 87 Times on 66 Posts

The authorities obviously need to ban all cars since people drink drive.
That ought to solve it!

Old 02-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #36
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2144 Times on 1166 Posts
Likes Given: 776

Whoa! Everybody step back from their computers and take a deep breath.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA
BigByrd47119 Likes This 
Old 02-17-2013, 02:58 PM   #37

Liked 516 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 172

Here is a question. Would any of you let your sons ages 11 and 12 push a pickup truck down a long dark, narrow, rural road? I know I wouldn't want to do it under those conditions or any else for that matter.

This is not safe or legal. The man shot and killed someone for their negligence but ignores his own.

And some of you think he should not be punished? He is the one that put those two boys out there to begin with.

Last edited by steadyshot; 02-17-2013 at 03:02 PM.
locutus Likes This 
Old 02-17-2013, 05:06 PM   #38
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8283 Times on 4787 Posts
Likes Given: 10716

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Yep. but with a quite a bit of disappointment.

I've disagreed with you from time to time, but I never thought you would become such an extreme hypocrite.

I believe that I have arrested more drunk drivers than you have even seen. I don't make excuses for them.

My post was to point out the HYPOCRISY of those who believe a terrorist in a foreign country is entitled to the full protection of the constitution, but a drunk driver in the U.S. should be summarily executed. That carries hypocrisy to new levels.

Shame on you!
I am not sure about the rest of the people who have been participating in this conversation, but as for me I have not made the protests regarding Al Awlaki that you mention. Personally I think that aside from a couple of dead guys there are few similarities here. That was my point. The guy who is in jail awaiting trial on murder charges for killing the killer of his sons has a lot of grief and remorse to think over. I am not so sure that having him in jail makes the citizens of Houston any safer. Having one drunk driver off the road forever does though. The father showed an extreme lack of judgment in having his sons push the truck down the road, something that I would not have done myself. I also cannot say that I would have shot the guy in the head either and I pray that I am never in a position where I might find out.

I do believe that having this conversation in the specific context of a father losing his sons to a drunk driver and killing the drunk is an important one for us as gun owners, many of whom carry at all times. It is important to put yourself into very uncomfortable hypothetical situations if you are to be a responsible gun owner.

I do not condone what this father did, but I do on some level understand.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:13 PM   #39

Liked 516 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I am not sure about the rest of the people who have been participating in this conversation, but as for me I have not made the protests regarding Al Awlaki that you mention. Personally I think that aside from a couple of dead guys there are few similarities here. That was my point. The guy who is in jail awaiting trial on murder charges for killing the killer of his sons has a lot of grief and remorse to think over. I am not so sure that having him in jail makes the citizens of Houston any safer. Having one drunk driver off the road forever does though. The father showed an extreme lack of judgment in having his sons push the truck down the road, something that I would not have done myself. I also cannot say that I would have shot the guy in the head either and I pray that I am never in a position where I might find out.

I do believe that having this conversation in the specific context of a father losing his sons to a drunk driver and killing the drunk is an important one for us as gun owners, many of whom carry at all times. It is important to put yourself into very uncomfortable hypothetical situations if you are to be a responsible gun owner.

I do not condone what this father did, but I do on some level understand.
Well, I haven't seen anything yet to prove the guy was drunk yet. The article say's "suspected drunken driver ".

Also, firearms are to be carried for self defense, not the administering of street justice.

What happens if the "suspected drunken driver " wasn't drunk? Does he get to come back to life?
Old 02-17-2013, 06:57 PM   #40
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 889 Times on 429 Posts
Likes Given: 88

One less drunk on the road, end of story!!

JP-US Naval Aviation AMSC 20 years ( retired) ASW/Aircrew Wings
US Naval Academy Shooting Instructor (Annapolis) and shooting team member
Alway keep your six covered