Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Texas Father To Be Charged For Killing Drunk Driver Who Killed His Kids

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 01:24 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 64 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 2

if he beat him on the spot i would say we would get off but he went and got his gun that shows per meadation and planning he will be luckey to get away with 2nd manslauater. 10 years min . the prousaction will make the drunk boy look like a choir boy and him like a gun totting hell bent murdering thug

Old 02-16-2013, 02:19 AM   #12

Liked 2342 Times on 1048 Posts
Likes Given: 2255

I'd like to be on that jury. Sounds like justifiable homicide to me. Everyone of these drunks should be shot.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:23 AM   #13

Liked 1765 Times on 984 Posts
Likes Given: 1161

A prosecuter prosecuting is one thing. A jury convicting is something else all together. I would vote not guilty for sure.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

People Like This 
Old 02-16-2013, 04:41 AM   #14
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8046 Times on 4641 Posts
Likes Given: 10383

As I recall there was a case in Bakersfield some 30 or so years back where a drug dealer was pushing drugs on the school children as they walked home from school every day. One kid told his dad, dad went down to tell the guy that if he ever pushed drugs on his kid again he would kill him. Some time later the kid gives his dad some drugs that the pusher gave the kid. Dad went down to the guy's house and killed him. At the trial the dad said "I gave him fair warning."

He was acquitted.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 02-16-2013, 04:49 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I can certainly sympathize with the father, but it doesn't feel right that he would get off scott free. I don't know what the law is where this took place, but I hope the jury has the option to convict on a lesser charge rather than murder 2.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:55 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichNH View Post
I can certainly sympathize with the father, but it doesn't feel right that he would get off scott free. I don't know what the law is where this took place, but I hope the jury has the option to convict on a lesser charge rather than murder 2.
I disagree. Sometimes acts in the heat of the moment are not criminal acts. Its like when a guy attacks another guy in a bar fight, but the attacker underestimates the abilities of the victim and gets himself killed. I see it as the same thing.

The fact is that drunk drivers never get what they got coming when they kill people. This guy did. Case closed.

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
People Like This 
Old 02-16-2013, 04:58 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

I disagree. Sometimes acts in the heat of the moment are not criminal acts. Its like when a guy attacks another guy in a bar fight, but the attacker underestimates the abilities of the victim and gets himself killed. I see it as the same thing.

The fact is that drunk drivers never get what they got coming when they kill people. This guy did. Case closed.
I dont know if I could live with myself if I killed someone drunk, or not. I do agree that we should have harsher punishments in the us to cut down crime. I also think that we should have an easier time defending ourselves.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:04 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sniper View Post
I dont know if I could live with myself if I killed someone drunk, or not. I do agree that we should have harsher punishments in the us to cut down crime. I also think that we should have an easier time defending ourselves.
I pray that I am never put into that sort of situation, but I would not want to look back and know I did nothing either. Hope I never have to find out.

Quote:

Old 02-16-2013, 10:02 AM   #19

Liked 516 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 172

This was a very tragic accident. Nothing will bring back those two young boys. NO WAY should he have let his two boys ages 11 and 12 get out and push a pickup truck down a long dark, narrow, rural road. Drunk drivers are everywhere now days. Also drivers that are impaired by drugs and or prescription medication. The world is more dangerous now than it has ever been. You need to watch out for yourself and the people you love at all times.

Drunk drivers are a plague on society, never let your guard down.

Old 02-16-2013, 11:11 AM   #20

Liked 1083 Times on 638 Posts
Likes Given: 338

Sounds like he is guilty of murder and should be sent to jail. He's not the judge jury executioner, if we just allow a disregard for the system then why have one at all? "Suspected drunk driver", maybe the man was not drunk but having a medical issue or something else was going on, this is why we have due process and don't just issue street justice.

He should not be allowed to own guns in the future, he has demonstrated he is not capable of controlling himself with them. They might just be the tool but this guy shouldn't have access to that tool.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

BigByrd47119 Likes This