Texas bill 321 signed into law
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Texas bill 321 signed into law

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2011, 05:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Texas bill 321 signed into law

Got a letter from the NRA the other day saying that the Governor Rick Perry signed bill 321 into law allowing employees to keep lawfully owned firearms in there locked private motor vehicels while parked at work in company parking lots. goes into effect in sept 1 2011.

it small but atleast its a step in the right direction around here.

Dave

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"
Denis Diderot

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-10-2011, 11:16 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1245 Times on 609 Posts
Likes Given: 75

Be careful, it is legal in Florida, but the employer can still terminate you. You just cannot be arrested.

I have one in the car, but I do not advertise it.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:34 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

years ago I live in phonix and out there they have circle K stores on almost every corner anyway there was roberies of thoes stores, so one night a man walks into the store to rob it the guy behiend the counter pulled his gun didnt kill the robber but he ran out of the store the guy who pulled his gun was FIRED! even though in AZ you could carry openly. and the NRA didnt do **** about trying overturn to get the guy job back

Old 07-11-2011, 12:38 AM   #4

I heard a similar story recently about a pharmacist that thwarted a robbery by carrying and was fired by Walgreen's for having a gun at work.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 – 2005

Old 07-11-2011, 12:41 AM   #5

Liked 1420 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf101 View Post
years ago I live in phonix and out there they have circle K stores on almost every corner anyway there was roberies of thoes stores, so one night a man walks into the store to rob it the guy behiend the counter pulled his gun didnt kill the robber but he ran out of the store the guy who pulled his gun was FIRED! even though in AZ you could carry openly. and the NRA didnt do **** about trying overturn to get the guy job back
Fired from a Circle K? They did him a favor!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 07-11-2011, 12:48 AM   #6

you can't have a gun in your car at work?

Old 07-11-2011, 01:05 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Fired from a Circle K? They did him a favor!
yeah but that waent the POINT I was making

Old 07-11-2011, 01:42 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5801 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

i got fired from pizza hut waaaaay back for not letting a scumbag rob me and steal my car. delivery drivers use their personal vehicles. if i was smarter then i woulda found a law weasel to help sue em *sigh*. those no fight back policies take the option of self defense from the employee basically it deprives the employee to the right to life and liberty. even the government has to go through court trials to deprive a citizen the right to life and liberty. but some jack@ss in a corporate boardroom can do it by fiat with no trial by jury.

thats about as fkd up as you can get.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 07-11-2011 at 01:45 AM.